Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car >

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That hasn't been solved yet in the photo that are on the link. the top plate is not yet attatched......Concept is cool.......2mm carbon fiber I take it? Rasied the roll center on the servo being high up Not sure that would be an improvement or not.............Keep working on it....I'm sure you will get the concept in full working form.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I thought I had actually posted here about mounting the steering servo on the main chassis flat... I guess I didn't... anyway... yes... the CG would be raised with the heavy weight of the servo raised that much... and with the wider chassis you could mount the steering servo flat and still have pleanty of room for the RX. It's a great start.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Which glow plugs work?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sandroon
After many working nights, we present a new Spada Kit from Italy...
Nice job, that Kfactory NTC3 tank sqeezes in nicley, lots of ideas we have discussed here, well carried out,
(does Zoot get royalties on the tank idea )

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Which glow plugs work?
I've only seen kyosho plugs with the right thread, they do two types hot and cold, use hot for 16-20% and cold for higher.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

I came accross this when looking for something else for the car that I plan on doing......I'm thinking about ordering one if the head button is the same dim as the stock one....then we could use a standard glow plug.

http://www.mecoa.com/acc/adaptors/index.htm
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What size is the glow plug? I've tried searching the Kyosho site with no luck. One more question. Will the belts from the vvvrrr 1/10 scale car fit on this?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jbsmith1;4198240]
(does Zoot get royalties on the tank idea )
QUOTE]

Just have them name it the Zoot chassis and send me a sample for 'testing'....
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

What size is the glow plug? I've tried searching the Kyosho site with no luck. One more question. Will the belts from the vvvrrr 1/10 scale car fit on this?
one of the belts will, and one won't...the vzw201 belt works on the rear drive, but the side belt is different......I won't know the teeth till mine arives and will know if another belt will fit in the place of it.......I have found many parts that I will be changing to make the car more "supported" where I can get parts at my LHS....
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Taller gears

Hello all!!! Another Spada in Cali....i love the car an like every one else i wish they would support the car here in t he states.....but i was lookin for some taller gears??? are they out there??? or will we have to monster garage some??? An has anyone tried to fit a .12 motor in a spada yet???
Old 02-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

What size is the glow plug? I've tried searching the Kyosho site with no luck.
lol my dumb, its a Sirio plug under Kyosho packaging
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=59

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...ld=description

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Just have them name it the Zoot chassis and send me a sample for 'testing'....

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I came accross this when looking for something else for the car that I plan on doing......I'm thinking about ordering one if the head button is the same dim as the stock one....then we could use a standard glow plug.

http://www.mecoa.com/acc/adaptors/index.htm
The thread is in the head, no button, some one asked about drilling and re-threading the head couple pages back. Would be nice to get a turbo plug in there...

Bigbank66: There is a 16T 1st and 20T 2nd pinion, but no smaller spurs...monstering could be an option...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

JBSmith wrote:

The thread is in the head, no button, some one asked about drilling and re-threading the head couple pages back. Would be nice to get a turbo plug in there......

When I ran .09 nitro pan oval cars, we had that same issue, using an airplane engine....what we found is that you can take the head from an OS CV.12 (the red one) and drill the bottom out large enough to fit over the new button and re-drill the holes in the red head to hold the new button in place.... Problem solved.....that uses a long shaft standard plug.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

oh yea jm

JBSmith wrote:

The thread is in the head, no button, some one asked about drilling and re-threading the head couple pages back. Would be nice to get a turbo plug in there......

When I ran .09 nitro pan oval cars, we had that same issue, using an airplane engine....what we found is that you can take the head from an OS CV.12 (the red one) and drill the bottom out large enough to fit over the new button and re-drill the holes in the red head to hold the new button in place.... Problem solved.....that uses a long shaft standard plug.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveP
I take offense to the above statement. I work for Kyosho America and it's always a difficult decision to not import a product that's made by Kyosho, but we've been told that the car is simply too expensive by a majority of shops that initially expressed interest in carrying the Spada. The resistance to the price and the relatively small amount of shops that would still carry the Spada in spite of the price, is how we arrive at our current decision. I realize that the decision will disappoint some people, myself included, because I'm a life-long RC fanatic. It's OK to be disappointed and to make your support for importing the product known to Kyosho America, but to suggest that we're less intelligent or that we're "dictating what you should like" is a little small minded.
Originally Posted by SteveP
If we can agree that "puny Kyosho brains" is uncalled for and unnecessary, then we can call it water under the bridge and move on. We will continue to evaluate if we can import the Spada, but please understand it's our customers that are making this decision by their support (or lack thereof) for the product. We are starting a parking lot series at the Kyosho facility and would like nothing more than to have a class for the Spada, so you’re preaching to a group of guys that want to import this car more than you do. Trust me, Joel, Gil and I are all on the same page and are always looking for a reason to bring them in as long as it makes sense.
I hate to bring this up months after the fact that you made Kyosho America's intentions clear.........one thing bothers me.....you wrote that: "The resistance to the price and the relatively small amount of shops that would still carry the Spada in spite of the price, is how we arrive at our current decision."
I don't care what the shops want to do, I as a consumer know what I want and bought
....(a hobby shop that I have called several times, I have asked to see if they are going to carry a product that many racers use.....I've been told more than a dozen times that they already carry enough stuff and won't carry anything else that doesn't sell)
Now in defense of Kyosho...I presume Kyosho asked the "shops" and got the same answer that the consumers have. ?do you think that this might be an ongoing problem? what happens when you bring a new 1/10th scale out and they still have the older version on the shelf?.....have you thought that this would have created such a "stink?" Knowing now, what you would have known then, would the decision have been different? From the Readings here on this thread alone, I have counted 42 Spadas in the US....(that is from the guys who have them and/or thier buddy, that posted on this thread and , not to mention the others that have not posted) California, New York, New Jersey, Georga, South Carolina, Florida, Utah, Vermont, Canada, Indiana, Ohio.....This week, I know of 4 more in Florida.

Kyosho America: Does this create a double edged sword? If those that have gone overseas to get the car and parts, how does this make you feel when those same racers go back to buy from overseas? Considering that they don't even have to leave home, can get what they want for a good price and delivered to the door, quicker than they could if they went to a hobby shop and had them order it.

Then, on the other hand, now the Hobby shops are upset that they cannot compete with the Online Hobby Sites and loosing sales.....I don't blame Kyosho at all.......I blame the Hobby shops for making decisions that are more with the idea of, we have enough already and don't need anything more.....It won't sell..... I know that not all hobby shops are like this and cannot carry everything that is out thier on the market, otherwise we would have hobby shops the size of Walmart, but at least make the option available to the consumer to order what they want.
Now, a flip to this is a Local hobby shop wanted to please it customers and offered to order the Spada in, with for a minimum of 5 racers and with a deposit..... Where do you think they would get it?

Now, you have that sword Kyosho....stuck in the middle.....I feel sorry for a company that is in business that is faced with a decision like that.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

I hate to bring this up months after the fact that you made Kyosho America's intentions clear.........one thing bothers me.....you wrote that: "The resistance to the price and the relatively small amount of shops that would still carry the Spada in spite of the price, is how we arrive at our current decision."
I don't care what the shops want to do, I as a consumer know what I want and bought
....(a hobby shop that I have called several times, I have asked to see if they are going to carry a product that many racers use.....I've been told more than a dozen times that they already carry enough stuff and won't carry anything else that doesn't sell)
Now in defense of Kyosho...I presume Kyosho asked the "shops" and got the same answer that the consumers have. ?do you think that this might be an ongoing problem? what happens when you bring a new 1/10th scale out and they still have the older version on the shelf?.....have you thought that this would have created such a "stink?" Knowing now, what you would have known then, would the decision have been different? From the Readings here on this thread alone, I have counted 42 Spadas in the US....(that is from the guys who have them and/or thier buddy, that posted on this thread and , not to mention the others that have not posted) California, New York, New Jersey, Georga, South Carolina, Florida, Utah, Vermont, Canada, Indiana, Ohio.....This week, I know of 4 more in Florida.

Kyosho America: Does this create a double edged sword? If those that have gone overseas to get the car and parts, how does this make you feel when those same racers go back to buy from overseas? Considering that they don't even have to leave home, can get what they want for a good price and delivered to the door, quicker than they could if they went to a hobby shop and had them order it.

Then, on the other hand, now the Hobby shops are upset that they cannot compete with the Online Hobby Sites and loosing sales.....I don't blame Kyosho at all.......I blame the Hobby shops for making decisions that are more with the idea of, we have enough already and don't need anything more.....It won't sell..... I know that not all hobby shops are like this and cannot carry everything that is out thier on the market, otherwise we would have hobby shops the size of Walmart, but at least make the option available to the consumer to order what they want.
Now, a flip to this is a Local hobby shop wanted to please it customers and offered to order the Spada in, with for a minimum of 5 racers and with a deposit..... Where do you think they would get it?

Now, you have that sword Kyosho....stuck in the middle.....I feel sorry for a company that is in business that is faced with a decision like that.
......how's about Kyosho bring them in and sell them from their ownonline shop only since LHS's don't want to sell it.........Kyosho could see with firsthand how many cars/parts are selling.......is Kyosho telling us that bringing in 50 kits with enough parts to build 50 cars woukld break their bank???........as many kits/parts that Kyosho brings in a year that don't sell..(ie Blizzard) from Japan, i don't think this allotment would kill them............something fishy is going on here......Steve P...care to comment.???
Old 02-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

I could totaly agree with that post Taylorm......It would be a way to build thier mailing/email lists as well with keeping the information inhouse.....
Also, those that do buy a "special" item like this can be more directly targeted for future sales when other "special" intrest cars come out.

Good thinking!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.