Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car >

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.............Einstein Stevoooooooooooooo says nooooooooooo Spadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........
Don't look now but if they continue that line of thinking, Kyosho will become a useless specialty niche r/c product just like Tamiya. Tell me when was the last time a store in the states carried a full line of Kyosho products? And they wonder why many that use to own V one RRRs in the states are switching to Xray NT1s!! Only two of the ten known hobby stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area carries Kyosho products and that is their buggy and truggy in one store and their electric 2wd and 4wd buggy in the other. And, those sales are weak. Kyosho and Tamiya seem to think alike: dump all their useless r/c creations on the states markets while saving the good stuff for the overseas markets. At least HPI/HB has gotten out of that and now offer their better stuff (mainly HB electric cars) to the US consumer (I have a Cyclone and love it over the Pro 4). Hey Kyosho, this is why your are way behind the competition in the states: lack of bringing the US consumer what he wants/craves. Keep your Mini infernos, Waveblasters, electric/nitro Blizzards, "Hang Ten" surfer dudes, and for the most part, your Mini Zs and let me stop before I tell Kyosho where they can stick the aforementioned crap.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am selling my SPADA.

Here is a Link
Make me some offers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-1-12-SPAD...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by clinehobbies
I am selling my SPADA.

Here is a Link
Make me some offers.

.......lemme guess, because of NO parts support...............
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am selling my SPADA.

Here is a Link
Make me some offers.[/URL]
Too bad..... would have been fun to see you run at Vegas
Old 11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.......lemme guess, because of NO parts support...............

No I just want to sell it. I will buy the carbon car if it is ever available. I don't want to spend the price I paid for the car just for the carbon parts now. I really don't see the issue with Kyosho America not stocking this car. It is readily available through the internet. Ivan at RC rainbow ships fast and offers a fair price. While everyone in this threads complains about the lack of support from Kyosho on this niche product Kyosho is selling what sells to the masses and is able to produce the Spada.

Last edited by clinehobbies; 11-28-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Too bad..... would have been fun to see you run at Vegas

If it does not sell I will be there!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am selling my SPADA.

Here is a Link
Make me some offers.

Was this the only Spada you had or do you have another one laying around?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Seriously, Anyone want to race their Spada's at the Airtronics GP in Vegas in January? Gotta know to get the track time for a class.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd love to, but can't make it in January. Sorry!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by sammy saks; 12-02-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Initiate

does the spada have springs or shocks,i mean how do u tune them?how does it behave over bumby track?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammy saks
does the spada have springs or shocks,i mean how do u tune them?how does it behave over bumby track?
The Spada has springs for the front and rear, The rear uses 2 speed clutch springs from the V-one cars as springs, the front springs are just small springs only for the Spada. Tuning the car can be done with tires,and the engine. Not much to mess up on the car.

Which brings me to tires. I finally got the new compound tires in today.
They are a little pricey but come in some nice shore ratings. The front come in 37 and 42 shore,the rear tires come in 32 and 37 shore, these come premounted in sets of 4 with black wheels,or unmounted also in sets of 4.

The black wheels look evil.

I know gregmuri was waiting for some of these tires,but i forget if anybody else was looking at getting some.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dscn0236.jpg  
Old 12-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down

i think,kosho have a v.good market for 1/8 scale nitro onroad,that could be a reason why they dont wanna get the spada here in the u.s.it may take away some of the 1/8 scale racers buisness,
that are spending around,$1500-2000 on their cars plus all the parts,compare that to a $500-700 on the spada and cheap few parts with less mantenance to worry about,look at the popularity of the 1/12 scale electrics now compared to 10th scale,much less headaches,money and they are more fun to drive
If that was the case, they would have never released a 2wd AND a 4wd electric buggy, or a 1/10th scale sedan and an 1/8th scale 4wd car. That's fuzzy logic and really doesn't make sense. Saying that one will detract from the other is nonsense. How many MRX4 owners also own MTX4s? How many 960 owners also have 720s? Comparing 1/12th electrics to touring cars isn't accurate, either, as like 1/8th on road, twelfths have been around for over 30 years, and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Again, many guys who race the less complicated 1/12th scale cars on carpet are also brining touring cars to the track, too.

Bunk.

The only reason is financial. They need to make money on products imported into the U.S., and if they don't think they can, they won't do it. That's a tough pill for us (the consumers) to swallow when we've seen crap like Kyosho snow plows and wave runners sit on shelves and advertised in magazines for the last 15 years.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
If that was the case, they would have never released a 2wd AND a 4wd electric buggy, or a 1/10th scale sedan and an 1/8th scale 4wd car. That's fuzzy logic and really doesn't make sense. Saying that one will detract from the other is nonsense. How many MRX4 owners also own MTX4s? How many 960 owners also have 720s? Comparing 1/12th electrics to touring cars isn't accurate, either, as like 1/8th on road, twelfths have been around for over 30 years, and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Again, many guys who race the less complicated 1/12th scale cars on carpet are also brining touring cars to the track, too.

Bunk.

The only reason is financial. They need to make money on products imported into the U.S., and if they don't think they can, they won't do it. That's a tough pill for us (the consumers) to swallow when we've seen crap like Kyosho snow plows and wave runners sit on shelves and advertised in magazines for the last 15 years.
Agreed.

Folks need to look at what's going on in the world market as well...Try buying a Spada from the the-border in the Netherlands---$330+USD because of the euro conversion/weak dollar. In the US, that would be bordering on RRR territory. Due what Kyosho would have to sell this "new" 1/12 gas car in the US for, and the hesitation of pehaps some larger US dealers is what the problem is.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Wink

The car works fine at Floyd...super simple to run. And it's on rails out of the box. If Kyosho went up to say a 21T pinion on 2nd it would be perfect in terms of Floyd's 200' back straight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.