Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car >

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Old 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes.....the first photos that we saw of this car had a carbon fiber chassis... the current chassis is a stamped aluminum chassis. Look at the photo of the car during my build.... it shows a better view of the production chassis.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

I am curious just how many Spada's are in the US? I can confirm two in Utah. Are there others?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
US release should be Sept/Oct. As soon as I get pricing, I will post it up.

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I am curious just how many Spada's are in the US? I can confirm two in Utah. Are there others?
Does this mean Kyosho America is shipping now? Where did you get yours?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Japan... I had them shipped in. Ivan was great to work with. See some of the posts above.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

We tried the LHS to see if they could find anything. Someone posted on this thread that Kyosho would not be importing due to expected low demand... so we found a source and brought two in.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[/FONT][/B]I have one in Florida friends i race wth said they want one
Old 08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello everyone,

Brand new to RCTECH. Want to get my hands on the Spada as soon as I can!

Has anyone put together a list of parts and prices in English? Answer: Yes, Kyosho. Downloaded the manual, all the information is in Japnese and English. Parts lists for complete car as well as options with prices in Yen.

Thanks for any info!!
Greg

Last edited by gregmuri; 09-01-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

First time on a track with the car... First two tanks were starting to lean it out( I had run almost four tanks during break-in). Then worked on the two speed... then a little more lean.... fun car... Our tracks aren't as smooth at the Kyosho track seems to be... but the car was controlable. Turned like it is on rails.... decent speed. I don't think it is 1/10 scale with a good .12 motor fast... but decent. The spokes on the front tires are wimpy. Then again... they would be fine if I hadn't tagged the boards on a high speed sweeper. I actually popped the wheel back into shape and kept running. The motor doesn't like much over 200F. Starts to lean ping. Running in the 180-190F range seemed to be the sweet-spot for the mill.

Did I mention that it was real fun? It was.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-01-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you have to true up the tires before running them?

Are you running with the stock setup or did you add any option parts?

Thanks for the info!
Greg
Old 09-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Tires were fine for our track. The full heigth gave some additional ground clearance. The only things I modified is adding the braces I have pictured above and the upgrade disk rotor. I am glad I did the brace... I feel quite sure that this chassis will bend pretty easily and then the front belt comes off. I will add some turnbuckels today... the fronts are slightly toed in and it is a pain to adjust with the threaded wire that comes. Another quick fix. The brakes...like any 1/12th pan car... are very touchy... you don't brake like a sedan. With the one way front the only braking is the rears... i have them barely making contact... just enough to slow the car a little.. but not locking up.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-01-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Just sent Ivan an email for an invoice, I can't wait to get one of these!!!

Hey Zoot, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to ship to Utah?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gregmuri
Hello everyone,

Brand new to RCTECH. Want to get my hands on the Spada as soon as I can!

Has anyone put together a list of parts and prices in English? Answer: Yes, Kyosho. Downloaded the manual, all the information is in Japnese and English. Parts lists for complete car as well as options with prices in Yen.

Thanks for any info!!
Greg
only option parts
Old 09-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

We bought two cars, Two sets of fronts and four sets of rears and the bill was $629 and some change (shipping wasn't broken out... just a total bill)... Essentially $630 for two cars with spare rubber for each. Having spent the cash... not knowing what to expect... I am delighted with these little stinky cars...

Again... right now... I think that my 1/10th with either the NR or the Collari motor is faster overall... but these are right behind in speed and are a blast.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Initiate

RC, the manual has everything. Starting on page 33 there are various lists but they cover the entire car.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
We bought two cars, Two sets of fronts and four sets of rears and the bill was $629 and some change (shipping wasn't broken out... just a total bill)... Essentially $630 for two cars with spare rubber for each. Having spent the cash... not knowing what to expect... I am delighted with these little stinky cars...

Again... right now... I think that my 1/10th with either the NR or the Collari motor is faster overall... but these are right behind in speed and are a blast.
Glad to hear you enjoy the car. Some of the guys have started to file away at the piston sleeve and crank. This might be in the books a little later for me, And there has been a huge increase of Spada`s at the Kyosho circut. The Spada is really fun for me.Its simple and pretty fast. The car is cheaper than the average touring car anb out of the box holds it own with any other box stock car. Being that the Spada is pretty new there are alot of different things yet to be explored. The Braces on the front looks like a pretty good idea to me and i think i will be using that along with routing my fuel line under the top deck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.