Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Suspended

pics please///
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A few hours into the build....

I did upgrade the disk rotor... still a Kyosho part... just not the stamped steel version included.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-1.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-2.jpg  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IFW122 is the upgraded brake disc part number just in case someone needs to know.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Suspended

nice...more pics
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Three things left to do:

Break in motor
Paint body
Smile when it kicks into second....
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-finished-left.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-finished-right.jpg  
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Where are u guys finding does throttle servo horn i had to make one problem is its rubbing the body body will not sit where it needs to be
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

I added this brace. I used aluminum tubing as I didn't have any 2.5 or 3mm carbon fiber. I think that there is a weakness front to back with the chassis. Most nitro cars have a top plate that reinforces the fore to aft flex. It may be overkill.... but it was easy and I think it will help. By the way... breaking in the motor.... three tanks takes about 20 minutes.... I think that each tank took about five minutes or less... I will start to lean it tonight and will have it on the track tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-brace.jpg  
Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

That brace is a great idea. Im going to steal,i mean use that idea. Im not the greatest driver and have re shaped my main chassis a few times. but i if i use a brace like your it should be alot tougher. Have you thought about some sort of X shaped brace across the two beams you have installed now?
Again a very nice idea.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 08-31-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by iceman76
Where are u guys finding does throttle servo horn i had to make one problem is its rubbing the body body will not sit where it needs to be
Where is your servo horn hitting the body at? You might just want to raise the body a bit as the fuel lines are all over the place and you need some room in there to keep the lines from chafing on all the other gear inside.
Post a picture of you set up and maybe we can help.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

I am glad you like the idea. You can tell Kyosho to send the check to me....

I wasn't as concerned with side to side flex... at least for now. The X brace would stiffen the side to side flex... some side to side helps rear traction. I did think about bracing from the screws just in front of the fuel tank to the front in a V shape... but I would have to pass over the belt and... for now... I am staying on the sides.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I am glad you like the idea. You can tell Kyosho to send the check to me....

I wasn't as concerned with side to side flex... at least for now. The X brace would stiffen the side to side flex... some side to side helps rear traction. I did think about bracing from the screws just in front of the fuel tank to the front in a V shape... but I would have to pass over the belt and... for now... I am staying on the sides.
Do you think that maybe chassis flex not such a bad thing? As with all pan cars, some chassis flex is part of the vehicle's overall suspension.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

The bottom chassis plate seems a tad soft. Any front impact will bend it up as there is nothing to stop it. This is not a carbon fiber chassis that will return to it's original shape during flex and I have read about people bending their chassis and seeking replacement or bending it back (??). I think... just me thinking again... that there is still a lot of side to side flex.... that is where the additional traction comes from. The front to rear flex will also mess with belt tension...

As I didn't finish engineering school.... or even start engineering school... these are just thoughts... your actual mileage may vary....

Last edited by Zootcapri; 08-31-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

The bottom chassis plate seems a tad soft. Any front impact will bend it up as there is nothing to stop it. This is not a carbon fiber chassis that will return to it's original shape during flex and I have read about people bending their chassis and seeking replacement or bending it back (??). I think... just me thinking again... that there is still a lot of side to side flex.... that is where the additional traction comes from. The front to rear flex will also mess with belt tension...

As I didn't finish engineering school.... or even start engineering school... these are just thoughts... your actual mileage may vary....
I have bent my chassis three times. the first time i didnt notice it untill the front belt came off,the second time was after the front belt came off slammed the wall hard. The third time i bent it so bad that the steering servo mounting screws were touching the ground. i have bent my chassis back and it works for just driveing but of course a new one would be better for racing.The only times my chassis has bent was full frontial impact. You know the kinda where everybody at the circut goes OOOOOOH . So i like the two braces down the side,maybe now my car will go through the boards instead of stopping at them.
BUt most of the guys i run with can drive and have not bent thier chassis`s yet.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Yet...

This is not a manditory change... I think it will make my car better ... If you think this is a waste of time... that's cool too ... I just posted 'cause I thought it interesting.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

By all means go ahead. I think its a good mod you came up with. I'm just bringing it up for discussion.. Now that you mention it, wasn't there a Spada on display with a carbon fiber chassis? Why did kyosho ommit it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.