Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was just looking at the Murnan Modified .09 Mini Inferno engine..Now is this car going to have a new ver of this engine do to it being on road.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a video posted on Youtube of us trying our cars for the first time ate Kyosho. Its a free drive day and mosty of the cars a V-oneS3 Or V-one RRR.
I also have a small blog about the car. the blog has a link to the You Tube video. You can check it out here.
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-JczwU....Cmyvtg--?cq=1

As far as parts go i have them at work here in Japan. And you can see the parts here.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rc-rainbow/c/0000001398/
The option parts are here
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rc-rainbow/c/0000001401/
Of course its all in Japanese but most of the parts are easy to tell what it is.
I know you can get the Spada also from RC Market in Hong Kong,and RC Champ also here in Japan.

The engine is the very same engine in the Mini Inferno .09. When you put together the Spada you have to take the Inferno bell housing off the engine and install the Spada 2 speed bell houseing. So the Murnan motor would be just fine for the Spada. A replacement engine for the Spada is around $100.00 for a brand new one so if you want to try your hand at tuning an engine. Its alot cheaper than trying to file away on something like a Ninja motor. But that Murnan tuned engine is also pretty cheap.
Our little group of Spada racers has now grown to 11. So next time we make it to the Kyosho Circut we will be scaring the big boys with a whole swarm of them.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Have u or your group try the new pipe
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

A few of our members have started to get to work on the engine. Opening up ports,tuning it a bit. Next time we run i should see a difference between the cars that are stock like mine and the modified cars. Most of our members are 1/8th racers having a go at the Spada.So there is alot of experience in our group. We have sold out of the pipe,backing plate and Oversized head at our shop. So im expecting alot of seceret tuning going on in our group.
I know that my boss has filed away at the crank,and sleeve. Me tried to hide this but i noticed the backing plate on his engine is now Blue Alloy.
My boss has mounted up some softer sponge from Yokomo on some front wheels to give a try next time also.
So there will be alot of differently tuned Spada`s next time.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Baka are u guys useing kyosho tires or did u guys find another company that works with the car.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Personally i am using the Kyosho tires that were supplied with the kit. Some of the guys are using Kawada,and Yokomo sponge on thier cars. Kawada and Yokomo are what we sell here for 1/12th cars so it is kinda what everybody is starting with. The Kyosho tires that come the Spada are pretty soft. I ran my car into the ground and the tires held up. They need to be trued now but the didnt chunk or anything crazy.
The other guys are useing the tape,brake cleaner, shove the tire on method then true it, and it is working out.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 AM
FRP
Tech Adept

how do i setup my front ride height to 3mm or higher? The highest I can get is 2.5mm
Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Suspension tuning

Originally Posted by FRP
how do i setup my front ride height to 3mm or higher? The highest I can get is 2.5mm
Great question! I'm having the same problem. The front suspension is very different from anything I've seen. The spring seems to be on the wrong side. Any input will be appreciated!

Thankx,
Ned
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

My Spada sits pretty close to the ground up front also. Mine sets right around 2-3 mm. Just wondering why you are trying to raise the front of your Spada? Are you running on a ruff circut?
And lets see some pictures of your Spada. Mine is on my blog and i would love to see some more.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Great question! I'm having the same problem. The front suspension is very different from anything I've seen. The spring seems to be on the wrong side. Any input will be appreciated!

Thankx,
Ned
The springs go on the bottom king pin bolt. much like a Tamiya F103.
It works fine,but be shure that you dont screw the bolts all the way through the hub. As it will touch the cup of the Axle.
I did notice one thing about the front Suspension im my manual its says that the Right hub is labeled L,and the Left hub is labeled R.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

From the pictures those front hubs look like 0T-16. Kyosho has used them for a looooong time. They should be labled "L" and "R". The difference is where the tie rod connects. The arm that comes out is offset from the center line of the axle (either above or below, don't remember which)
Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a better picture of the hubs.
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...mg55285416.jpg

Are these the same hubs for the Optima and Fanthom.
I dont have either but i run an ABC Spark it is a 4WD 1/12th from back in the day.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

They sure look like it. (well, the latest version from the KX-one) Do you know the part number they are using now?

The ones for the KX-one had additional holes, that allowed you to bolt a plate on.

There was also a hard version of these, (OT-16H I think) I'll check when I get home.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

SD032 is the parts number now. these are of course used on the Spada now.
The KX-One looks really cool. I have seen the 2 speed at Kyosho. The 2 speed is really expensive but that was a pretty cool idea.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

I never knew they offered a 2 speed for the KX-one. That car has been discontinued now for about.....6-7 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.