Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Seisick
that;s the x12 pipe, the mugen 2609 is better quality and performance! match it with any engine and tha's a winner, some consider the 2609 one of the best all around pipes
forgot to mention, if you get the shimo 2609 with the ninja header either short or long, use the ofna 10069 silicone seal also, it fits perfect

happy racing
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have two of the Mugen 2609 pipes still brand new in the box. They are for sale for $37 each. PM me if interested. (no manifold)
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone interested, I have a brand new MTX4R assembled but never ran for sale here on the for sale forum. Asking $350 shipped for the roller, Pm me if interested in picks. Car needs to go. Thanks, Chad
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
hey guys i need some help.... i finish building my mtx4r and im having a hard time finding a mugen pipe and manifold..... please help with any info where i can order one ..... you can also pm me with info as well

blaze
It looks like you mounted the handle backwards(180 degrees out) the handle should lean away from the engine head.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol i notice that when my knuckle hit the cooling head
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Talking

guys you been very helpful and thanks again

blaze
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lil-bump
It looks like you mounted the handle backwards(180 degrees out) the handle should lean away from the engine head.
I think a lot of people have mounted them that way because they think it looks better and has better aerodynamics. Until their knuckle hits a hot motor.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Any one tried the blue brake pads? I have a packet in my tool box and wanted to know what the difference was between the standard pads and the blue ones?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Hey Guys,

Any one tried the blue brake pads? I have a packet in my tool box and wanted to know what the difference was between the standard pads and the blue ones?

Thanks.
Keep as spares, i race on a high speed track and found they wear quickly,
grab your self yellow teflons, much better!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

BOBBYBLAZE, You might want to try www.speedworldraceway.com they have a lot of motors, pipes, car kits for all the Nitro 1/10 & 1/8 and great prices. Go to their web and look at the pic, nice track for Nitro & Elec.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Hey Guys,

Thanks.
mike, brake fade tends to come from the brake disk overheating, not neccessarily the pads. put the mtx3 prospec brakedisk on the mugen (i think the R also comes with it) and you won't really experience any substantial brake fade. infact, i found the teflon pads don't pull the car up as quickly as the standard black pads.

my car has the prospec brakedisk and standard pads, and i hardly notice any fade at all.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
mike, brake fade tends to come from the brake disk overheating, not neccessarily the pads. put the mtx3 prospec brakedisk on the mugen (i think the R also comes with it) and you won't really experience any substantial brake fade. infact, i found the teflon pads don't pull the car up as quickly as the standard black pads.

my car has the prospec brakedisk and standard pads, and i hardly notice any fade at all.
Kool Thanks.

PS - When do u want to pick up your gear?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Wink

Originally Posted by YLLIB
BOBBYBLAZE, You might want to try www.speedworldraceway.com they have a lot of motors, pipes, car kits for all the Nitro 1/10 & 1/8 and great prices. Go to their web and look at the pic, nice track for Nitro & Elec.
thanks i need all the help i need on getting parts..... i live in georgia and hardly no one do nitro onroad ......majority of the racers do electrics ..... anybody in the GA area know where i can race onroad nitro hit me up ..... right im doing parking lots and setting up cones
Old 11-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
thanks i need all the help i need on getting parts..... i live in georgia and hardly no one do nitro onroad ......majority of the racers do electrics ..... anybody in the GA area know where i can race onroad nitro hit me up ..... right im doing parking lots and setting up cones
When I lived in the area we were racing at the Sugar Bowl in Sugar Hill, just outside of Altlanta. (Mall of Georgia exit) I think they are still racing there.

You can contact Big Jeff BBQ or the RED5 here on the board, they are racing there.

Here you'll find Big Jeff's profile: http://www.rctech.net/forum/member.php?u=35094

Oh, and one of the best nitro onroad shops is right in Atlanta: www.gasrccar.com
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
When I lived in the area we were racing at the Sugar Bowl in Sugar Hill, just outside of Altlanta. (Mall of Georgia exit) I think they are still racing there.

You can contact Big Jeff BBQ or the RED5 here on the board, they are racing there.

Here you'll find Big Jeff's profile: http://www.rctech.net/forum/member.php?u=35094

Oh, and one of the best nitro onroad shops is right in Atlanta: www.gasrccar.com
We will be there Sunday. If it stays dry outside! PM if you need directions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.