Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
the r comes with cv's
and the r car comes with tie pillow balls and alm hex's for the wheels.
i got the mtx 4 and i had to use the balls and hex's from my mtx-2 ya there that old and still good.
I wish it came with a 4 mm chassis

Then there wouldnt need to be any upgrades.......

Any other upgrades needed? Im getting a list together of what I need to be a nitro tard lol..... It was just to much fun
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

if you like try to get a kanack 4mm chassis but the kawahara is very nice.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
if you like try to get a kanack 4mm chassis but the kawahara is very nice.
How much are they?

I need a list of EVERYTHING you guys would do or want

I mean I will get the most important stuff first, But all the little things will get bought eventually......

Top things on the list is the 4R and the MR12 Ninja with the pipe and header
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I need a list of EVERYTHING you guys would do or want

I mean I will get the most important stuff first, But all the little things will get bought eventually......

Everything you need is in the kit. My car is completely stock and so are alot of drivers that use the MTX-4R in our area. Don't worry about what you think you need to be any faster. Your main focus is to get a MTX-4R, build it, and practice, practice, and more practice at your local track ( SpeedWorld ). Once you get familiar with the car and its driving characteristics, then you can make decisions on what to get ( IF NEEDED ). But, truthfully, the car is dialed out of the box.

Car fully rebuilt:

Last edited by Roger; 09-19-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

How simple is it to strip 2nd gear?

Are we talking a bit hit that breaks part, or a wall tap???

I have heard alot of stripping 2nd gear reading the threads around here
It's not simple at all if you know what you're doing. I've helped many mugen users in our area about this so called " Issue ". Roenz ( baby serafin ) at VRC raceway stripped afew gears at his track, but after I showed him what was happening and what to do, he hasn't stripped a gear ever since . If you need help, let me know and I can show you. Get you kit first though
Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roger
Everything you need is in the kit. My car is completely stock and so are alot of drivers that use the MTX-4R in our area. Don't worry about what you think you need to be any faster. Your main focus is to get a MTX-4R, build it, and practice, practice, and more practice at your local track ( SpeedWorld ). Once you get familiar with the car and its driving characteristics, then you can make decisions on what to get. But, truthfully, the car is dialed out of the box.
Mine is bone stock, except : longer titanium screws, front CVD and alluminium lower suspension arm holder ( kawahara ).

Always start with original setup manual as starting point.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How simple is it to strip 2nd gear?

Are we talking a bit hit that breaks part, or a wall tap???

I have heard alot of stripping 2nd gear reading the threads around here
Read the "Stripping 2nd gear?" guide at my Web site and you'll be well informed about the issue.

If you take a hard hit, there is always the chance that the engine will move. That applies to any car.

Stripping gears is just a part of life. Everyone has a stripped gear now an then. Screws come loose, things wear, the engine shifts - anything is possible. If you take good car of your car, you reduce your chances for any problems.

On upgrades, Roger is right. You don't need to add anything to the "R" performance wise. You may want to consider getting (1) the original uprights (T0138-B), as the car drives slightly differently than with the newer uprights (T0164), so you can see what works better for your driving style, (2) the one-piece engine mount to reduce your chances of stripping a gear and (3) a front diff to run on tight technical tracks.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

if yours is a "R", just need to build the front Diff, get T0138-B, thick shock tower and one-piece engine mount if you have trouble fitting your engine on stock engine mount like me,

alway mesh the gear slightly tighter, DO NOT use paper method. I run my car for whole year, hitting polls, walls, and have other car hit me at the engine shaft, no problem at all
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How does the car drive with the different uprights? Is one more agressive on turn in?

Also, anything definite on the 4mm chassis/one piece combo that works and doesn't work?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

completely stock eh Roger, wish my car came with ti scews and rear CF shock tower brace, hehe

Listen to Roger! He got my car shifting perfect as well, never one strip. You might want to look at what engine he runs as well
Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
completely stock eh Roger, wish my car came with ti scews and rear CF shock tower brace, hehe

Listen to Roger! He got my car shifting perfect as well, never one strip. You might want to look at what engine he runs as well
ya its an over priced jp mod im thinking out loud again
Old 09-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spenzalii
How does the car drive with the different uprights? Is one more agressive on turn in?

Also, anything definite on the 4mm chassis/one piece combo that works and doesn't work?
yes the different uprights make the car turn or corner better depending on the track.
and if you want a non slugy car the 4mm chassis is a must the 1 piece motor mount helps but the chassis is a much better thing.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL

Did you ever get the parts I sent to ya ?

Yeah, an overpriced JP that I got practically got for free Im still waiting for my ninja motor Wally .

Last edited by Roger; 09-20-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Roger you have PM.
Brad
Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. Right back at ya bro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.