Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaykay
they also changed the 2-speed-housing.
I can't see any different on the 2-speed housing. .. can you explain as it looks same to me with MTX4

Thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

I just ripped apart both of my Prospec MTX3s, a MTX4, and my new MTX4R car and all two speed housings are the same as well as all of the DO603 thrust bearings for the clutch, its all the same stuff guy's.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, my mistake. Have used the wrong word

They changed the clutch bell. The 3 ball bearing fits now better. When you look on the clutch bell, you will find a little white point on it, which marks the new one
Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Check it.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4R-sun_valley_raceway.jpg   Mugen MTX-4R-sun_valley_events.jpg  
Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Assembly Help

I'm putting together a new -4R and it seems to me the front belt is wrong. When lining up the pulley aft of the one way I can only get about a third of the hole to show at best. I've got the tension adjusted back but it seems like I'm having to pull extraordinarly hard.
I know these should be tight but I don't know how tight is too tight.
Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Newest member of the MTX-4R family

Just picked up my MTX-4R kit. Reading the manual now. For a first time kit builder, aside from reading this forum and nitro knowledgebase, any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Just picked up my MTX-4R kit. Reading the manual now. For a first time kit builder, aside from reading this forum and nitro knowledgebase, any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yes, go to 3hobby.net of course and read the MTX4 build review. You can find it in the Content area under "Product Reviews". You'll find some handy tips on building the car.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sfl232
I'm putting together a new -4R and it seems to me the front belt is wrong. When lining up the pulley aft of the one way I can only get about a third of the hole to show at best. I've got the tension adjusted back but it seems like I'm having to pull extraordinarly hard.
I know these should be tight but I don't know how tight is too tight.
Any thoughts?
Sounds way too tight to me the belt will not stretch that much. Check the belt is seated in the teath in the front diff. You have the right belt? the rear one is much wider.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Yes, go to 3hobby.net of course and read the MTX4 build review. You can find it in the Content area under "Product Reviews". You'll find some handy tips on building the car.
Thanks for the information about 3hobby.net. I have it bookmarked and have begun reading. I will be putting together my own build blog/team site in the coming weeks. I chose the 4R because it was the latest (well I guess the X-Ray NT1 is now the newest) proven platform. Hopefully this will bode well for a first time on-roader. I will post any question I have about the build, thanks.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Thanks for the information about 3hobby.net. I have it bookmarked and have begun reading. I will be putting together my own build blog/team site in the coming weeks. I chose the 4R because it was the latest (well I guess the X-Ray NT1 is now the newest) proven platform. Hopefully this will bode well for a first time on-roader. I will post any question I have about the build, thanks.
Cograts and let me know if you need ANY help,you know where I will be.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Belt to tight?

Thanks for the response. It wasn't that the belt was to tight my brain wasn't turned on. Make a note. Do not try to put something together on 4 hours of sleep. Helps to use the correct pulley.
I've got 5 hours in the build and it is a roller now.
I'm switching from a NTC3 to this. I can hardly wait to run it.
So far this car is just flying together. I can only work on it for a couple of hours at a time and the only thing that is a little weird is the packing of the parts. Not a problem once you figure out how they think.
Thanks Again
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sfl232
Thanks for the response. It wasn't that the belt was to tight my brain wasn't turned on. Make a note. Do not try to put something together on 4 hours of sleep. Helps to use the correct pulley.
I've got 5 hours in the build and it is a roller now.
I'm switching from a NTC3 to this. I can hardly wait to run it.
So far this car is just flying together. I can only work on it for a couple of hours at a time and the only thing that is a little weird is the packing of the parts. Not a problem once you figure out how they think.
Thanks Again
Yeah that just gave me shivers....thinking about all the parts strewn apart. If I would have been missing a part it would have been a mad search for it thats for sure. Also the different screw sizes really got to me too.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow , just got a nice slap in the face. Mugen doesnt do any warranty work unless you have your reciept. So if you ever have any trouble on your car and theres no reciept. Your screwed. I unfortunately bought from acehardwarehobbies , which is now out of business. So I cant even get them to reprint it im sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I open each package up and lay out all the screws on a clean white towel. I get to going on putting it together and that towel has saved me a couple of times when I drop a screw.
Are you supposed have extra parts when your done?
What's the grading system for left over parts?
6 or more better look it over again
3-5 not bad only one thing may fall off on the first run
0-2 go racing
Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I hear you with the towel thing. I did the same thing when build/rebuilding my T-Maxx and was stopping by Wally World today to pick up a big white beach towel for this build.

Quick question: Are you using a set-up station (Hudy, Integy) to get suspension set-up or just going with box stock to start (eye balling it)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.