Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
I just finished painting this body ( DNA 3 ) for my 4R. Gonna test this body tommorrow along with a little bling bling brass battery tray

Track to be tested on:

Great paint job!!! Also, good wheel well cutout/shaping.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

It's a small track and very technical

If you don't mind Jlock.... I want to see the setup u use 4 that track.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Nothing wrong with the track. Just slap a OS TG12 in the car you would be good to go. Don't needs tons of hp for that track, just driving skills.
Interesting that you should say that about HP. What I find, is that on small technical tracks, you need all the bottom end HP you can get to play catch up in case you lose a position or you want to move up in position. It doesn't mean you have to use the full HP on tap all the time, but it it is nice to have it.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Nothing wrong with the track. Just slap a OS TG12 in the car you would be good to go. Don't needs tons of hp for that track, just driving skills.
Thanks guys for all nice words. The photos unfortunately doesn't give them justice. The track is acually larger than it is. Actually, yes. The track is fairly technical but, it's perfect for testing. The track design prior to this one was a good flowing nitro sedan track. Most tracks here in Northern California are alittle smaller than this one and alot more technical with lanes being narrower than this track. SpeedWorld Raceway ( Billy Bowerman's track ) is a really good track as well with good flow to it. The problem for me is that SpeedWorld is 2 hours away while this track is 10 minutes away from home. The fastest lap time I pulled on this design was a 16.1 lap with an average lap time of 16.5 sec. E.J. Evans ( a highly respectable electric driver here in northern california ) pulled a fast lap of 15.8 with his mod Top racing electric sedan. So, all in all, I guess im ok if im almost pulling electic mod times with a nitro sedan car . I was thinking about opening up one section right after the scoring tower so that I can just go straight into the right hand sweeper instead of going into the bottom "T" section of the track. Here's some videos of the previous track designs we had. Sorry guys for the electric cars, but at least it'll give you a little perspective on how big the track is.

( This layout, I pulled a 14.1 with an average of 14.6. The fast electric guys ( Juan Aventia, Lex Tyler, and E.J. Evans ) I beleive were pulling high 13's to low 14's with thier mod electric cars. )
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sb8dd5g49bY

( This video, the guys were going backwards with thier mini's to get ready for TCS Nationals. )
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6AvfxKU79Lc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AJx4rLfyyDE

The brass battery tray was given to me by Steve Sohl ( Sohlman ). The car makes weight as it is right now. If you use titanium pivot balls and screws all the way around the 4R, then you'll have to use the brass battery tray. My car is fairly stock with just titanium screws.

asw7576: I'll give you the set-up that I used for this track later on today as im just about to leave soon.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd love to get my hands on that brass battery tray.

Mine likes to bend a little because of the tight battery fit which causes it to buckle and wears off the first row of tape. I have to re-tape after every main because of it. Kind of a pain. I know a new tray would work for a while but eventually the problem would come back. The brass tray would fix it for good and I wouldn't have to worry about making weight.

Where can I get one?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JetMD
I'd love to get my hands on that brass battery tray.

Mine likes to bend a little because of the tight battery fit which causes it to buckle and wears off the first row of tape. I have to re-tape after every main because of it. Kind of a pain. I know a new tray would work for a while but eventually the problem would come back. The brass tray would fix it for good and I wouldn't have to worry about making weight.

Where can I get one?
this is why i use the 3racing graphite batt tray but if i was using lipo that brass one would be sweet to have.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Interesting that you should say that about HP. What I find, is that on small technical tracks, you need all the bottom end HP you can get to play catch up in case you lose a position or you want to move up in position. It doesn't mean you have to use the full HP on tap all the time, but it it is nice to have it.
you got that right,ninja with a 16 first pinion
i like small track racing sometimes, its very tiring and thats fun in the mains.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default reciever box

Originally Posted by insanewulf
I don't think anything has changed with the Rx cover not "box". I have seen the cover and assumed it was a box. Sorry. Is everyone putting them in a balloon? What works best? Troy
this is my new reciever box
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4R-reciever-box.jpg  
Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chookgb
LOL. that's is NT1 Rx Box

Is it direct fit ? .... I mean the screw location ?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

thats just

oh get a new air filter you may hurt your motor.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
LOL. that's is NT1 Rx Box

Is it direct fit ? .... I mean the screw location ?
i used the same top deck screw mounts but i drilled new holes in the nt1 box and yes the air filter is the one from the end of a 15 minute final last race day
Old 09-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

i used the same top deck screw mounts but i drilled new holes in the nt1 box and yes the air filter is the one from the end of a 15 minute final last race day
wow and it got that dirty
must be a fun and challenging track to run on.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default updated pics of reciever box

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
wow and it got that dirty
must be a fun and challenging track to run on.
a couple more pics of the box also with replacement air filter
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4R-reciever-box3.jpg   Mugen MTX-4R-reciever-box2.jpg  
Old 09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

a couple more pics of the box also with replacement air filter
Really nice but... reduce the tightness of the screws that hold the receiver box are so tight that deforms the rubber cushions and negate their mission, reduce vibrations on the receiver box.

Purple springs? I just don't remembers what was the last time have been used since I changed to MTX-4... light and dark blues mainly.

Nicely cleaned car but... awfully dirty pipe... tsk, tsk, tsk!!!...
Old 09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

He's probably using the purple springs cause his track is probably low traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.