R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   V-One RRR Evo or Upgrade FW05??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/158044-v-one-rrr-evo-upgrade-fw05.html)

Armil187 04-08-2007 03:23 PM

V-One RRR Evo or Upgrade FW05???

I need help guys... I'm in a pickle here. What would be the good decision and why? Should I stick with my FW05 and upgrade it or sell it and get the RRR? I really am confused. :(

Ivan Dickson 04-08-2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Armil187
I need help guys... I'm in a pickle here. What would be the good decision and why? Should I stick with my FW05 and upgrade it or sell it and get the RRR? I really am confused. :(

Get the RRR :nod: it's a no brainer :weird: look at it like a trade in time for a new car. :nod: :nod: :tire: :tire:

GMartinez 04-08-2007 06:32 PM

Get the RRR but keep the fwo5 to play around with it

Dredd 04-08-2007 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Get the RRR but keep the fwo5 to play around with it

I 2nd that

rmdhawaii 04-08-2007 08:12 PM

What type of track are you racing on? What are the other guys using? Why do you want to upgrade?

The only reason I can think of to stay with the FW05 and upgrade it, is if you race on a course with a lot of tiny rocks. Gears and pulleys on a RRR do not do well with tiny rocks and you may start to loose teeth. But if the other guys are using RRRs, MTX-4s and 720s, then getting a RRR Evo or RRR Evo WCE would be a good choice. You'll a few more tuning options available to you and you'll probably be a more competitive.

hobbs 04-08-2007 08:57 PM

get the rrr.
u can't go wrong with that.

Armil187 04-09-2007 12:35 PM

Hmmmm. Here in Dubai... our Race Track is closed for almost a 2 years now. We only have an Off-road Track for 1/8 Buggies. My friends and I only run our Onroads on Parking Lots. And most of them run FW05. And the guys with V-One S2 usually get their belts stripped after runs. What's the reason not to stay with FW05 besides the RRR is the latest?

GMartinez 04-09-2007 01:39 PM

Hmmmm. Here in Dubai... our Race Track is closed for almost a 2 years now. We only have an Off-road Track for 1/8 Buggies. My friends and I only run our Onroads on Parking Lots. And most of them run FW05. And the guys with V-One S2 usually get their belts stripped after runs. What's the reason not to stay with FW05 besides the RRR is the latest?

If you are going to do some parking lot racing or bashing stay with the fw05
I would not buy a pro level kit to run in a parking lot
Future reference post exact details that way the responses are much clearer