Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Got car, started once, but now wont start Help! >

Got car, started once, but now wont start Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

So i bought a car off of ebay, i got it today and i set it down and attempt to start it, and it starts right away, but i didnt turn on the reciver for the radio (n00b mistake) so i stand there and hold the car until it runs out of gas (luckally i didnt put a full tank in ) but anyways, i get done with that and head back to work (i had gone home on my break) and we attempt to start it again and it wont start, we keep trying, and i think we manage to flood it. so anyways, after work, i come home and install the stock engine that it came with (it is an original belt driven HPI rs4) and the stock engine wont fire either, i took a glow plug and put it in the igniter and it does get hot, so i dont think thats it. What do i need to do to fix a flood, or what else could be the problem? Any help is appreciated, it wouldnt bug me so much if it wouldnt have started, but i know it works i just dont know whats wrong. Thanks, Hayden
Old 08-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

this may not be the best method but i pull out the glow plug and try to start the car without the plug to let the excess fuel shoot out

btw next time you can shut down the engine by useing the tip of your shoe to stop the flywheel so you don't need to hold the car~
Old 08-06-2003, 11:12 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

to stop the car - pinch the fuel tubing, the cleanest and least hassels

Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

acctually, just touch the flywheel with your finger

the RS4 flywheel isn't painful at all

now the NTC3 thats another story(the reason why i started using the tip of my shoe )

the teeth on the flywheel of the NTC3 could do some damage
Old 08-06-2003, 11:27 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

make sure when you stop the engine with the flywheel and with your HANDS, make sure that the flywheel is not cut in any way which may have any sharp edges, then your hands may get cut.

i dont mean cut as in out of the factory, but as in sometiomes rocks will marr the surface of the flywheel, leaving sharp edges
so careful.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thx for the help on stopping the engine, but Can anyone help my engine problems?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Rookie

BTW, when i was holding the car, i was holding it vertically by its front bumper (cause the lil handle was gettin hella hot and i burned my finger) could that have damaged anything?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Did you prime the engine ?
If the glow plug isnt glowing when you take it out it could mean 2 things:
1) your glow plug is dead... buy a new one from your local hobby store
2) your igniter is flat... recharge it

When the engine floods just take the plug out and hold the car upside down and pull the pull start cord and fuel will come out of the glow plug hole. Make sure the fuel cap is shut on the tank