R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #16
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
because you don't know how to use one you can't say it's junk,
2 b honest with u, I had that thing 4 2 years. I tried every way 2 get that thing 2 work. It just does not work! And 4 the price... It's not worth it.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #17
Tech Addict
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

i believe this is the tool you are refering too? http://home.earthlink.net/~cbradshaw25/id4.html

i just use a set of digital calipers to measer my gap usually i like it around 0.5mm and shim bell off the shoe to around 0.2mm to allow for heat expansion after a few laps. i usually set my clutch spring from 0.8mm to 1.1mm and i measure this from the top of the clutch nut to the top of the spring tensioner.

measuring the spring tension from the top of crankshaft to the spring tensioner will change for each motor depending on shims/type of collet used etc this is why i measure it as i said i do above.

i find this works really well, it does sound a little slippy once you first start off but after the first corner or two there is no issues at all.

i have never tryed increasing the hole size in my clutch fly weights, this is just something that i havent had enough time to do yet - but i have heard about good results by increasing these to 3.8mm or 4mm.

but if it aint broke why fix it?

this is all for kyosho 3d clutch which comes with RRR/RRR evo cars.

has anyone tryed the new kyosho 2D clutch?
Kyosho RRR Evo | Sirio Evo III STI | Ko Radio
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Just in case the kyosho clutch tool # is vzw040 & also works to remove your pinions I use this tool & the caliper when using the caliper each time you measure it the readings are not going to be exact but it will get you in the ball park
when using the kyosho tool, do you measure with the first gear pinnion on because the first gear pinnion is in the way of the tool and you will get different readings wih it off.. with the pinnion mine measured .35 and when I took off the pinion off it was past the .055
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #19
Tech Master

Heres how I set my clutch for the CRF WASP

Add 1 small screw to the middle hole of each weight and install

Install grey clutch shoe and CRF spring and preload to 1mm

Take out the back bearing on the clutch bell and fit on the clutch with no shims

Push the clutch bell onto the shoe and measure from the back of the engine to the 2nd speed pinion with a digital caliper. Zero the caliper

Pull the clutch bell back from the shoe as hard as you can and measure the distance again. The caliper will tell you the how far the shoe has to move to engage the clutch.

Add shims to the clutch bell retainer to make this gap around 0.6mm

Remove the clutch bell and add the back bearing. Add shims to crank above the spring retaining nut to shim out the clutch bell so the endplay is as small as possible without restricting clutch rotation

Run the car for 5-10 mins and check the measurements. Adjust if required

Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote