Paris Race - Car Stolen - Gt4

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Paris Race - Car Stolen - Gt4

Hello all,

Something we all hate to hear.

Over this past weekend a friends car and radio was stolen at Paris Race in Las Vegas.

The car was a Yokomo GT4 and belonged to Paul Dabao from Yokomo. The car disappeared during the 1/8th scale main.

Some parts of the car will stand out from the regular GT-4 like all the aluminum parts are anodized blue, 3 broken body posts (after tons of traction rolling), Ofna gas tank tied with purple cable ties (broke the original tank in qualifiers). As for the radio, M8 with a different kind of batteries in it (3 computer batteries).

Any information would be appreciated.

The least we can all do is look out for people that want to take these things.

The best we can do is come up with the people that took the car and prosecute them for theft.

Thanks

Mark Dawson

Last edited by MDawson; 04-12-2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Is he running Barry's paint scheme now?

I just hope it was not a help seeking Yokomo customer that got pissed of by Paul, like I did recently and many others I talked to.

Still, even considering that he most likely doesn't have to pay for the replacement, this is a shame.
Hope you find the MF who stole it.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

i'm surprised to hear that paul pissed people off. everytime i've bugged him @ socal, he's been very obliging with his time. i've even called him at yokomo, and he aswered all of my questions, no matter how lame they probably sounded. i might be in the minority, but paul dabao is good in my book... if i find the a-hole that jacked his ride, i'll kick his a**
...and you can take that to the bank!
Old 10-24-2001, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Stefan, he is not running the Baker paint scheme, you should have your eyes check. Besides why are you pissed off at him? Have you met him personally? He's one of the coolest guy I met in the industry. He always help everybody at the track even if you dont drive a yokomo car. Dont worry Paul, we're be watching.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:40 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its sad to hear people would stoop to the level of stealing other people's cars. I don't hear it often, but it bothers me when i do hear it. It makes me think of how easy it would be to steal my car, I often walk over and watch the races, chat or whatever... and my pit for the one outdoor track is kinda "off to the side" ....

I hope you catch the guy, and get the car back...

Good luck
Old 10-25-2001, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

just curious, the car plus the M8 is soo.....BIG!...im sure there were a lot of people around........how on earth did the thief steal it?....
Old 10-25-2001, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if they want it, they will take it
Old 11-21-2001, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vegas is a touchy place, If you race there watch your stuff. Trust me its not the racers, its the gamble-o-holic's. John Dansby had a car swiped right outside his hotel door last year at speedline. 60 seconds gone! their both sittin in a pawn shop somewhere in Vegas no doubt.