Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Try Nomadio React radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Wow. I was imressed with the Nomadio's specs in another forum mostly because of its frame rate and its backwards compatibility with Spektrum. But was somewhat reluctant because of the React/Multi-plex small screen and squinty read-out. Coming from an M11 it makes a big difference. I've been with Airtronics for years mostly for their friendly staff and support and also because I like supporting the small hobby oriented company vs. big conglomerate "meanie" Futaba. Not bashing their product but they weren't so nice when they were here in Irvine, CA and before that Compton.

Back to the point. The Nomadio's specs and features are very impressive still but this is something I would wait and see as it develops. Given its endless telemetery capabilities, this is a great radio for 1/5 scale applications. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out by next year or its next release.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnhsp
yap i charge whole day only 5.68v,i using my much more charger to charge still same wht happen,i thinking 3pk really better,so bad i sold out my 3pk
of course it is 5.68v, the battery pack in React is 4 cell (4.8~5.2V)with mean 5.68 is pretty full, there is not problem with the battery other than it is a smaller capacity (700mah) compare to your Energizer AA (2500mah).

I use to run Spektrum + EX-10, React is lighter than EX-10 even when I put only 4 cell in EX-10.

3pk ? I have friend using 3pk and I have to setup the car for him, the interface is a pain, by far the worse I've tried (I've tried EX-10, 3PK,MX3, M8, React) not to mention the weight (maybe I need to go to gym every week if I am using a 3pk)
problem with setting lost ? I never experience that.

Nomadio did reply my email within a day or two, I am happy with that.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

but i already change to Energizer (2300mah),also 5.68v,mean is not problems right bro,but i really love nomadio react,cause light weight & him new Technology,here is my nomadio react picture,look nice

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
of course it is 5.68v, the battery pack in React is 4 cell (4.8~5.2V)with mean 5.68 is pretty full, there is not problem with the battery other than it is a smaller capacity (700mah) compare to your Energizer AA (2500mah).

I use to run Spektrum + EX-10, React is lighter than EX-10 even when I put only 4 cell in EX-10.

3pk ? I have friend using 3pk and I have to setup the car for him, the interface is a pain, by far the worse I've tried (I've tried EX-10, 3PK,MX3, M8, React) not to mention the weight (maybe I need to go to gym every week if I am using a 3pk)

Attached Thumbnails Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-img_15171.jpg   Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-img_15181.jpg   Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-img_15191.jpg   Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-img_15201.jpg  
Old 04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had a Sensor for about a year now, and I've experienced nothing but the best. Support has been great, between Scott and Karlton, and there have been a minimal amount of problems.

I mean, seriously, when was the last time a manufacturer representative put his cell phone number in an open forum thread?

Yes, Right - I thought so.

Try to get Futaba/JR/HiTec/Airtronics to answer a question on the weekend?
What about 8pm on a Thursday?
Uh-Huh - I thought so.

Keep up the good work, N - Yes, we're on the bleeding edge at times, but, we already KNOW that, and if you're running beta/bleeding-edge software, well, the documentation SAYS so!

Tony
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hmm, the only bad that i found from my frenz nomadio is the quality and design issue, it seems that QC is really bad. My frenz on/off switch just pop out easily. technology wise, its superb.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Wow. I was imressed with the Nomadio's specs in another forum mostly because of its frame rate and its backwards compatibility with Spektrum. But was somewhat reluctant because of the React/Multi-plex small screen and squinty read-out. Coming from an M11 it makes a big difference. I've been with Airtronics for years mostly for their friendly staff and support and also because I like supporting the small hobby oriented company vs. big conglomerate "meanie" Futaba. Not bashing their product but they weren't so nice when they were here in Irvine, CA and before that Compton.

Back to the point. The Nomadio's specs and features are very impressive still but this is something I would wait and see as it develops. Given its endless telemetery capabilities, this is a great radio for 1/5 scale applications. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out by next year or its next release.
Thought the same..............maybe 'Left-hand' option could also be in the next release too?

Menace
Old 04-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I void my warantee because I really need a BL on my React. the build quality of React, well, they need some grinding inside the case for better placement of some wire. also the screw used to assamble the control is a bit shirt. other wise. it is a very good radio. agrrr I need to look for screw longer but equivalant in size in matric. Standard just difficult for me
Old 04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

I have both the Sensor and React and I have nothing bad to say about the radio or the support I have recieved... I've spoken to support many times and have even stopped into their main office and met them in person....

If you have an issue call support direct and he will do his best to get your issue resolved...

Like someone else has said, what other company has given you their cell number and told you to call them????

If you have issues with the servo's wigging out 99 out of 100 times all you have to do is recalibrate....
Old 04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I have used the Sensor radio since it's inception and it has been the best, most comfortable radio I have ever used. Thru four or five software upadates, the Sensor has become an even better radio than when I bought it. I received my React the other day and while I have not had a chance to race with it, on the bench it looks signifigantly more responsive than the Sensor. This is probably due to the React being a dual processor design rather than single like the Sensor. The few times I have dealt with support have been very good experiences with prompt service. I also like that it's made in America.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the React (or should I say I had 3 of them) for about 3 months now and have been very dissapointed. I basically have not been able to use it much. The first kit was returned because of a problem with the battery. The second kit was returned because the of a bad transmitter, and the 3rd one has been sent back to Nomadio because of problems incurred after I downloaded the latest software. On top of that, the car I was driving, made a sharp left in a concrete wall 25 yards from me. I'm not a happy camper. That React would have been returned to the hobby store, but I was just past the time on the return policy. Hopefully, the React can be repaired and I will incur no more problems. Otherwise I'm returning to a conventional radio. Seems from the posts others are having similar problems. No bashing here, just plain fact.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bengal65
I have the React (or should I say I had 3 of them) for about 3 months now and have been very disappointed. I basically have not been able to use it much. The first kit was returned because of a problem with the battery. The second kit was returned because the of a bad transmitter, and the 3rd one has been sent back to Nomadio because of problems incurred after I downloaded the latest software. On top of that, the car I was driving, made a sharp left in a concrete wall 25 yards from me. I'm not a happy camper. That React would have been returned to the hobby store, but I was just past the time on the return policy. Hopefully, the React can be repaired and I will incur no more problems. Otherwise I'm returning to a conventional radio. Seems from the posts others are having similar problems. No bashing here, just plain fact.
I've seen replies like this in regards to the Spektrum also... Both are very new technology in this hobby and they have a learning curve... I have the sensor, react and I have the spektrum in my 3PK (3pk ha a lot of dust on it...)
Old 04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

today i change my nomadio react battery to lipo battery,wowo awsome lightwight really good
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Car Breaker

Yes, that is because you're one weak little sissy.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

why my react sometime no response,cause yesterday i play my G4s,out of control a few time,i check my rx battery it ok,what happen my react anyone can help me thank
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I sent my React back to Nomadio. They have had it for a week now. Hopefully there will be a fix for all the problems Here's hoping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.