R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   New around here... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/15579-new-around-here.html)

RedScorp 03-31-2003 06:00 PM

New around here...

Well. as the title reads....I'm new around here and new to Nitro. I drove gas for 3-4 years so I guess I'm not a complete rookie. :sneaky:

Boomer actually referred me here since I'm new to Nitro and I look forward to asking questions that hopefully get reasonably intelligent answers.

Just saying hi for now.

RedScorp 03-31-2003 06:01 PM

correction

I drove electric for 3-4 years...not gas...oops!

Jfawwaz 03-31-2003 06:21 PM

welcome

any questions, just ask

Donnie-D 04-01-2003 06:26 AM

Welcome aboard...!

Reasonably intelligent answers...?

Hmmm,...I guess it's possible! ;)

...just kiddin'...these people know everything about R/C stuff.

:cool:

RedScorp 04-01-2003 06:34 AM

cool...I will be racing at Rev probably within a month. Anyone here race at Rev I could hook up with and learn from? Boomer is a friend of mine and normally I'd be with him, but he's not going to be around for a bit.

Ron C. 04-01-2003 07:58 AM

Originally posted by RedScorp
cool...I will be racing at Rev probably within a month. Anyone here race at Rev I could hook up with and learn from? Boomer is a friend of mine and normally I'd be with him, but he's not going to be around for a bit.
First, Welcome! :)

Rev is the track we regularly run at.
I know who Boomer is and the other Pan Car guys
like Mark, Kevin, Ceasar, Vince and the others.
Have not met all of them but I know them to be
pretty cool guys. See them often at the track most
especially during Race Days.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have
and will try to answer them at best that I can. If not,
I may route to a person who may.

Incidentally, what nitro car are you running?

RedScorp 04-01-2003 03:51 PM

I am running the NTC3. Embarrassed as I am to admit it and against my own rules for racing I had to buy the RTR because I sold everything I had 1.5 years ago when I stopped racing...thinking I'd never play again. WRONG! Not having the cash to sink 1k into the hobby again like I did last time I just wanted something to run with even though it's the more expensive route.

This semester of school is almost over and I wanted to play through this summer and get back racing again. I've never run Nitro before so it should be a learning experience from electric.

I won't be there probably until after April...after I have some huge English term papers due but my real name is Scott and you can usually spot me with a 49ers cap on. I look like I'm about 17 or so...even though I'll be 25 this month.

Heh, in short just look for the guy with the new NTC3 that doesn't know much about what to do with it yet. ;)

Ron C. 04-01-2003 04:46 PM

Originally posted by RedScorp
I won't be there probably until after April...after I have some huge English term papers due but my real name is Scott and you can usually spot me with a 49ers cap on. I look like I'm about 17 or so...even though I'll be 25 this month.

Heh, in short just look for the guy with the new NTC3 that doesn't know much about what to do with it yet. ;)

Great!

You may likewise spot me at the track, when you get there.
I usually have a black apron on and more often than not,
run 1/8th scale. The body that I am currently running right now
is as you can see from me Avatar... So if you see that car, just
find whoever is running it and that should be me.

Come up and say hi so I may introduce you to the guys
especially those running the TC3s.

See yah, :)