Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby stores and Crazy storys.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hobby stores and Crazy storys.....

Well i dont know who will be intrested on this but i dont have anyone to shear my pain.
Here in greece they are 3 major towns you can find good HS thats Athens,thesaloniki and the bigest island Krete.
All shops here selling at superb crazy prices while our incomes are realy low,most of the Hs try to exploit the customer
rather to help him(maybe all do that but are kind ways and bad ways)
I will like to give some exambles and listen to your opions/advices on my problem,
if you asking me why i ask here on this forum, then i tell you that all this i will refer is true and nobody cant do anything
no authorate no goverments no simble ppl to stop it.

Now the story begins with me geting my R40 to start racing ,also a friend wanted to start but he choose a cheaper model
for start he got a kyosho 1/10 single speed he decide to get 2speed on this car only option was to go to a store that seling kyoso and get one(simble?not realy)
here (athens)are like 10 store almost each store seling difrent brand(kyoso and hpi ahs 2 stores)each store says that his car is better with a realy bad way ,you will see.
We choose to go to the nearest hs my friend gets in and start asking about the 2speed and heres a part of the conversation .

friend:i would like to get the 2 speed transmision for my kyoso
Hobby shop:for what model?
Fure ten(i dont remeber the model right now)
H.s:and why you want a 2 speed for this car?
F:why is not good?
H.S:for racing in to your bathroom is ok nothing more..

Ofcorse you can imagine what folows this..... we left the H.s with only option to go to the 2nd and last store
to get that 2 speed(lucky there is 2nd store).
Today hapent the worst thing that pushes me to write this big thread.there is only 1 Hpi store here
and he is the distributer also.
The story begins almost 4 months ago that my Con-rod for the Rx12 Hpi engine broke so i whent to the HS
the folowing convercation starts

Me:hi, i want the con-road for the rx12 engine...
HSk juse a sec.
...after 2 minits a guy comes down from the above floor runing to me
HS:here it is (he showing me a used rx12engine)120euros (160$-USED)
Me:whats that? i want a con-rod
HS:its better you get this engine
Me:sorry i only want the con-rod
HSk here it is 35 euros...(47$)
Me:WHAT? that not the price of this
HS:.....i only have this

He FORCED me to get the engine and then sels me a con rod for a low engine for almost 50$ wile most of you know that
this con-rod cant cost over15-20$maximum...i though wtf he was mad
and he sold me expensive i keept the recipt and whent to a place that you report that kind of greedy ppl...guess what
they told me?
"We cant check the prices he can sell it as much as he want...".......AS MUCH AS HE WANT you READING THIS?the only
Hpi store in greece he can sell as much as he want.
So i decide to check him and record him on the phone i called him after 3 months(thats today) i asked him for the
con-rod again this time the guy on the phone told me that the con-rod cost 59 euros!!!(79$???)
I could stund this i say to him that is realy expensive so he gave me a difrent guy and i told him the same when
understund that i was not gona give that kind of money he says ohh we did a mistake the con-rod costs 35 euros(liek the last time50$)
but this was still expensive so the owner os something gets on teh phone and here it go:
Hs:what you want?
Me:the con-rod why is so expensive
Hs:This is our price get if you want or dont
Me:i dont is to expensive
Hs:hang up the phone

I mean WTF what you should do to my position...tell me also your storys if they are any so i can think that i am
not the only one facing this.
sorry for the long thread and the bad english i hope i dint get to tired reading this
Old 03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

you got pm...from Greece
Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd hire an Armenian lawyer and sue him...,oh,I'd check some mail order places also..
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

i know fast harry thats why i try to shop out side greece thnx to A.I i got my hara and soon my new engine :P
Old 03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

I understood your pain........ There're a lot of countries (such as New Zealand, Australia........ even some places in US) got same situation as yours. I always say it's hard for customers to support this kind of Local Hobby Shops business........ lucky we are living in US, tons of on-line shops support us.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am pretty sure they are other BAD owners around the world but still you may have some other choises while here in greece you are forced to buy from those asses
Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Stefanos,

Although he did get you for the expensive con-rod, he is actually setting himself for self destruction. If he treats you and other customers this way, he will have no repeat customers...just like you won't go back to him. In the long run, he will have no customers, and no business. Just shop online.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

usually you have to give them a reason to treat you like that..
Old 03-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i am a nice person chett0 i dont couse trouble ...after all how could i couse trouble by simble asking a con-rod.
i mean the only thing that you could say that i couse is that i ask him why is so expensive while out side greece this item is 3 times cheaper...
Anyway i am gona scan my recipt and send it over HPI just to let them know,i dont know if they realy care that the only store in greeceseling hpi and is distributor acting like this to customers

dnitro the only thing i dint mention is that this guy dont care about me and the other customers for 1 big reason.
he has hes store in one of the most richer territory of athens and ppl there just buy at any price.
let me say to you what i saw the 1st time i was on that store to get a lexan.
I get in and the salles man has an other customer aroun 48 years old with his friend aroun 40 or something and they talking about to get a Savage for his 12 YEARS OLD child (savage here cost 650euros) when the guy decide to get it he friend also says
-oh,so you geting it? then i will get on to my son so they can both play on the LIVING ROOM
.......i mean those ppl dint even know that the car dont have reverse ..........but they payd the price witch is realy expensive, with out carrying ,and almost every time i when to that store they always selling 1 of those savage
So you get they dont realy care for me that i got my car from internet and i need a simble con-rod
Sorry for the big post again :P
Old 03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Stefanos, don't waste your time with sending receipt to HPI. He is a businessman and he can charge what they want especially if he is a distributor. I am here in Australia and Ive shop online as far as America and almost half price of australia price plus postage. You are angry with the lack of loyalty to you as a local paying customer. Move on and enjoy the discounts shopping overseas or become a distributor yourself.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i try man but its hard for me to do it i tryed pre-paid credit card but dosent seem to work anyway till now A.I. helps me a lot and i trust him but surly i need to work that internet thing couse sooner or latter i will need a part that i cant buy from here .
thnx for your replys guys