R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   new team losi nitro car??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/15540-new-team-losi-nitro-car.html)

nkay 03-31-2003 05:43 AM

new team losi nitro car???

hey whats up guys.. I have hanging out at my local hobby shop and we were BS'ing about RC cars. Someone says that Losi is comming out of the nitro verson of the XXX-S. Did anybody come across the story? If the XXX-s came out to be a pretty good car how bout a nitro version.:confused:

Bounty Hunter 03-31-2003 10:18 AM

Re: new team losi nitro car???

Originally posted by nkay
hey whats up guys.. I have hanging out at my local hobby shop and we were BS'ing about RC cars. Someone says that Losi is comming out of the nitro verson of the XXX-S. Did anybody come across the story? If the XXX-s came out to be a pretty good car how bout a nitro version.:confused:
Well I dont know what they are going to call it, but I do know that the Losi guys have been testing at Revelation. They used a XXX-S and added some weight to simulate a Top Heavy Nitro setup. They were using the XXX-S only has a suspension test. As far as everything else, well your guess is as good as mine!

RedScorp 03-31-2003 06:21 PM

I haven't heard anything about it...but the again I've been removed from R/C for over a year. My own personal opinion, having purchased the XXX-S when it first came out is I hope they make drastic changes with it.

The XXX-S needed too much fine tuning to drive track to track day to day. I'd drive it down at SoCal Raceway every weekend and set my TC3 aside and hated it. The setups were constantly changing and I went from having plenty of practice time with my TC3 to never having any with the XXX-S. With the XXX-S I found myself testing all day just to try and find a setup that worked OK...not great...just OK. In my opinion of the car, the only really good thing about it was that when a rookie slammed you, or you clipped a dot the tweak never changed. It is a very rigid car.

Associated has the electric and nitro 1/10 sedan markets locked. And everyone else seems to be just trying to find something that will sell off the shelf and do well out of the box and reliably like the TC3.

buggyman81 04-04-2003 05:23 PM

ive heard a few rumors about this around my lhs but havent heard a name or how it is set up, but i would really like to know if this is true

Im2lazy 04-04-2003 05:41 PM

Originally posted by RedScorp
Associated has the electric and nitro 1/10 sedan markets locked. And everyone else seems to be just trying to find something that will sell off the shelf and do well out of the box and reliably like the TC3.
I disagree with you there, but I see your other points.

All I will say is that it sounds like Losi is thinking about a nitro car, but the thought of a produciton model is far from becoming a reality, possibly never becoming a reality. But I say, the more the merrier.

RedScorp 04-04-2003 05:47 PM

My fault, what I meant to say is that AE has the electric market locked up in sedan. They also seem to have a pretty darn good grasp in entering the Nitro market...sure there are also other very good manufacturers also.

Teaches me to proofread what I write!!! :blush:

racenut123 04-04-2003 06:23 PM

Interesting observation...

Being you have been gone a spell.I am not a Losi fan,but your kidding saying that AE has the SEDAN market locked up.Have you been to any other tracks besides the ones in LA?Have you noticed that the TC3 is not the car people are running exclusively anymore?Again interesting observation.Nuff said.

RedScorp 04-04-2003 06:33 PM

Re: Interesting observation...

Originally posted by racenut123
Being you have been gone a spell.I am not a Losi fan,but your kidding saying that AE has the SEDAN market locked up.Have you been to any other tracks besides the ones in LA?Have you noticed that the TC3 is not the car people are running exclusively anymore?Again interesting observation.Nuff said.
A majority of ppl ran it and, I know at least out here, a majority of ppl still run it. It's merely an opinion based observation.

I respect ppl's want to argue a point as well as their opinions, but isn't this a bit off the subject of the thread now?

Bounty Hunter 04-04-2003 10:24 PM

Hmmm....

Originally posted by RedScorp
My fault, what I meant to say is that AE has the electric market locked up in sedan. They also seem to have a pretty darn good grasp in entering the Nitro market...sure there are also other very good manufacturers also.

Teaches me to proofread what I write!!! :blush:

Well at least here in Socal I would have to disagree with the "AE has the electric market locked up in sedan". Actually here in Socal the Losi XXXs is a stronger mod sedan than the TC3. The TC3 ends up beign easier to setup and start with, but the XXXs is just a tad quicker off of the corners. Anyways I have heard evidence that they are testing, but no prototype has shown up yet.

nikos2002 04-04-2003 10:33 PM

reading one of the r/c mags recently I noticed that Ron Rossetti - Losi's "gas guru" made the A-main at the Winternats in FL using a Mugen -- chassis testing? Checking out the competition? Or just having fun in sunny FL?

Bounty Hunter 04-04-2003 10:52 PM

Actually...

Originally posted by nikos2002
reading one of the r/c mags recently I noticed that Ron Rossetti - Losi's "gas guru" made the A-main at the Winternats in FL using a Mugen -- chassis testing? Checking out the competition? Or just having fun in sunny FL?
Ron Rosetti and Gil Losi Jr, and team all drive the Mugen MTX-3. I was in the Airtronics race a Revelation not more than two weeks ago and watched them both run it. I think it is their car of choice. Actually it is a lot peoples car of choice here in SoCal.