R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 AM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies

Mar. 20, 2007 - Gil Losi, Jr., an icon in the RC business and co-founder of Team Losi™, is coming to Kyosho America. Beginning in April, Losi will join the Kyosho America team as R&D Director in an effort to better align Kyosho products with the US market.

Gil Losi Jr. brings a wealth of racing and design experience to Kyosho, which began back in 1982, when he won his second and third World Championships with the Kyosho Scorpion in the stock and modified classes. Even though Team Losi would eventually make their own 2WD car, Gil Jr. and the Losi team continued to run the Kyosho Optima Mid 4WD and Lazer racecars until they introduced a car of their own in the late 90s. Gil Jr. had some input on the design a couple cars for other companies before designing the JR-X2 - the first of many Losi designs, all of which benefited from his racing and design experience.

Commenting on his move to Kyosho America, Losi said, "I'm excited to get in on the ground level to help build Kyosho America, much like I did with Team Losi - it was the most challenging time for me, but also the most rewarding." He adds, "I'm also excited to be joining such a well-established international company that will help expose our ideas to the entire RC world."

Racing success is a common thread shared with Losi Jr. and Kyosho, which will be much of his focus at Kyosho America. The technology and innovation that come from a strong racing program will also benefit our other product lines. Committed to innovative competition products that engage dedicated enthusiasts, Kyosho is excited to welcome Gil Losi, Jr.

Team Losi is a registered trademark of Horizon Hobby, Inc.
Attached Thumbnails
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is an interview with Mr. Losi in the July 2007 issue of XTreme RC Cars. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it is a few pages long. There is a picture of him with his business card prominently displayed at the start of the interview, which seems like an invitation for us to send him an email or give him call.
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote