Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT F-180

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any one got any fresh vid's i wanna see this thing geting the shit thrashed out of it
i wanna see this thing on its rails

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 05-17-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rebal
No scanner at home and not at work till monday. Not to much so I'll give it a shot here.
Rear shock rockers go in with short section to the rear for pushrod atachment and long part points towards belt for shock attachment.
Use bag I on step 3.2 not step 3.3
Length of steering linkage is 85mm not 73.7
Brake lever is spring first then hub then arm and brakerod swivel on servo horn goes to the outboard side for air cleaner clearance
Roll bar linkage is 68mm not 85mm
Screws to mount rear body mount plate are M4x8 not M4x6.
Thats it and not all these were incorrect in my manual so it may be the same for you. Probably just different phases of development along the way in writing manual.
THANKS MUCH! HAD FIGURED OUT EVERY THING EXCEPT THE REAR ROCKER ARMS. MOUNTING THEM AS PICTURED GIVES FULL SHOCK EXCURSION THOUGH-INTERESTING EH?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Just came in from runnin it up and down the street. Between dodging cars, no traction, what seems to be a pretty darn fast 2wd car hit a curb after a high speed gear shift and I lost it. The problem was the tires(rears) were not glued on rims and they had moved around on the wheel. Broke the rear bulk head. Luckily I have another one! Lesson learned, don't drive it on a public street
Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rebal
Just came in from runnin it up and down the street. Between dodging cars, no traction, what seems to be a pretty darn fast 2wd car hit a curb after a high speed gear shift and I lost it. The problem was the tires(rears) were not glued on rims and they had moved around on the wheel. Broke the rear bulk head. Luckily I have another one! Lesson learned, don't drive it on a public street
DAMN! I swore I would never glue another tire!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
What do you guys expect from a rear wheel drive car with rubber tires and no mentionable aerodynamic downforce.

This thing's gotta be handling like crap.

Just look how quickly the car spun when he slightly hit the throttle.

This car definately needs foams and IMHO it also needs 4 wd.

I dunno what the Serpent guys had in mind when the came up with this concept.

Even 235mm 2wd cars are tough to handle and the have foams and a body with down force, PLUS, much less horsepower.
Michel "the border" ran the car today at the MACH track.
First he ran it with rubber tires, indeed, not a lot of traction, but when he switched to foam, it really looked very nice!...
Good traction, he could even take the corners on power......

While he was a bit dissapointed that it did not run well with the original rubber tires, he still rather use them, because they look better...
It is probably all a question of finding the right rubber and inserts....
Old 05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

Well the F180 is on display here at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies! Don't forget, we will be running it at Sun Valley Speedway this weekend in between the NATC 1/5 Race.

The car will be here all weekend and then will travel out to its next destination somewhere in Norcal!

This thing is so beautiful guys!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Field tests

Front anti-roll bars need to be as far aft as possible and still clear the bulkhead on full travel- they rub the body if foreward.
I had to cut a hole in the body for the air cleaner. The body compressed the filter and and cut off the air supply.
Be careful where you put in the aft screw for the fenders so the nut clears the body post mount.
The Spektrum telemetry temp probe is very helpful, and I mounted it below the first fin below the head. It's dead on at room temp. Reads about 10 degrees high (Exogen) at 200 degrees and 15 degrees at 250 indicated (
Exogen reads 235).
I have no expierence with the 28 engine, But mine seems to want to run hot, even though very rich. I have run a half gallon of fuel through it, and it idles, after soak heat, at about 190 to 200. I accelerate to about 25 mph and then cut power until it slows, etc. When it reaches 230 I shut it down. It's blowing lots of smoke and fuel out the exhaust. Ambient temp today was 101 and track temp was 160. Anyone have a learned idea what max operating temp for this engine should be?
The aft aero strips need to be glued together, the assembled structure is very fragile.
The track was slicker than snot, and reminded me why the 235 2WD was so so demanding!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Nigel, Walter, and Sam thanks for coming out and showin us the F180. Thanks Serpent USA for stoppin by SV Speedway. Looks like Serpent has got an impressive kit. The car looked good out here at SV. Some pics
Attached Thumbnails SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-063.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-066.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-112.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-058.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-109.jpg  

Old 05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Hope you all enjoyed the car today! It's maiden voyage on the westcoast was a super success. Just wish we had more time to work on the setup a little bit more, but even with running it the first time, what an amazing car to drive!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

mo pics
Attached Thumbnails SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-124.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-098.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-115.jpg   SERPENT F-180-serpent-f180-106.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the pictures Kelvin.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Car looks awsome on those pics. So how was it? It's was that hard with foams? Engines was hard to tune?
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks SV Speedway for let us use your facility and show our new car. Also thanks to Sam @ Kamikaze for his time and effort. Nigel and Walter, hope you enjoy the car.

I run the car in Mexico the first weekend of this month. Thanks to my friends in Mexico for the hospitality and for the nice video about the F180. You can see the car and a few laps and judge by yourself the handling.

http://www.2fast4mx.com/Downloads/Formula1EnPegaso.wmv
Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nice vid thanks
you wouldnt know the gear ratio would you?

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Thanks SV Speedway for let us use your facility and show our new car. Also thanks to Sam @ Kamikaze for his time and effort. Nigel and Walter, hope you enjoy the car.

I run the car in Mexico the first weekend of this month. Thanks to my friends in Mexico for the hospitality and for the nice video about the F180. You can see the car and a few laps and judge by yourself the handling.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paolo M

Awesome Paolo and nice video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.