Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RedScorp
I like to think of engines like firearms rounds. No 2 are exactly alike and all of them have different characteristics, likes and dislikes. No 2 engines will perform at its peak sharing exactly the same settings. But, you can sometimes find a decent middle ground and use that as a base to adjust settings.
You are right about no two are the same. Today, I tried to run the engine again. The engine stall as usual, then this fren of mine at the track helping me to tune the engine. YEs, he got the engine running for a few tanks without it cutting. However, the engine seems to give the 'burbing' noise as if it is getting too much fuel. The expert at the track recommended running a bit lean, but when my fren set it a bit leaner, the engine stall again.
But once my fren reset it to rich setting, the car can run the whole tank without stalling...
for your reference, my climate over here is 30 degree C and very humid.

I'm planning to get another OS TR turbo, for my MTX 3.... The oS tr is generally a very powerful engine once you got it breakin probably. But I feel mind wasn;t done properly....
Old 04-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default It's not the motor it's the pipe....

I had the same problem with that darn AE rear dual chamber pipe. I ditched it for my current set up. Dynamite manifold and an X12 pipe, I also heard good things about the RD Logics 1 piece pipe as well. No more stalling. Some of the guys in the NTC3 forum relocated the pressure line hole by relocating it forward in the chamber with good results. You might want to check that out. I could not get my Novarossi to hold the settings for some reason no matter what I tried. It was just inconsistent but with the new exhaust set up it has been consistent and more responsive if not ballistic at times. The pipe is suspect since you had your friend tune it already, it sounds like he knew what he was doing. A lot of the guys in the NTC3 forum have ditched their AE pipes and switched to other set ups with very good results. I know this is more $ but it would be more of a waste of your $ if you can't get the OS to run to it's full potential. Try a new pipe set up it's cheaper than buying a new motor.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

try pushing your pipe all the way upto the manifold, it works a treat
specially in humid conditions

after a near washout my engine would only run heaps rich, but now the pipe is moved it ran sweet as.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: It's not the motor it's the pipe....

Originally posted by XtremeMDX
I had the same problem with that darn AE rear dual chamber pipe. I ditched it for my current set up. Dynamite manifold and an X12 pipe, I also heard good things about the RD Logics 1 piece pipe as well. No more stalling. Some of the guys in the NTC3 forum relocated the pressure line hole by relocating it forward in the chamber with good results. You might want to check that out. I could not get my Novarossi to hold the settings for some reason no matter what I tried. It was just inconsistent but with the new exhaust set up it has been consistent and more responsive if not ballistic at times. The pipe is suspect since you had your friend tune it already, it sounds like he knew what he was doing. A lot of the guys in the NTC3 forum have ditched their AE pipes and switched to other set ups with very good results. I know this is more $ but it would be more of a waste of your $ if you can't get the OS to run to it's full potential. Try a new pipe set up it's cheaper than buying a new motor.
I don't mind trying a new pipe, but the problem over here is that there is little thrid parties hop up parts for NTC3. My only way is thru mail order. I'm located in Asia, is there a trusted mail order company that can deliver your kind of pipe?