Wiki Posts
Search

Collari Piston and Sleeve

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Collari Piston and Sleeve

Hello,
I have a Collari XS12 turbo and I need a piston and sleeve. Anyone know where to get one from? My hobby shop doesn't
have one. It is difficult for my motor to hold a tune. It dies after a
few minutes of running and over heats easily. The top end is very strong and will pull until I run out of space but the low end is weak and the GT4R doesn't come out of the corner strong at all.
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm also looking for a piston and sleeve for my colari xs12.Colari site is down and I need to find some info.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

I think I am going to try Superior and Bruckner Hobbies online. They sell the motors so maybe they'll have the piston and sleeve!?!
Pitbull: Is your motor doing something similiar to mine?
Old 03-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hey vulso

Does it over-heat at idle or when its running on the track??? Sounds like a Carb leak that gets worse as the motor gets up to Temp... First make sure the Carb is sealed where it connects to the motor. I dab a little silcone where the Carb seats to the motor on all my .21 motors, but never had this problem with all my .12 Mugen/NovaRossi motors.

As far as part try these guys.

http://www.gasrccar.com/index.htm

Good Luck!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

bgotori: The motor over heats when it's running on the track and then dies. It takes a while to restart, but after it runs for awhile it dies again. Frustrating to say the least. Should I remove the carb and seal it up with silicone sealant? The carb, now that I checked it is loose a little bit, it twists back and forth a little.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Collari Piston and Sleeve

Originally posted by vulso
Hello,
I have a Collari XS12 turbo and I need a piston and sleeve. Anyone know where to get one from? My hobby shop doesn't
have one. It is difficult for my motor to hold a tune. It dies after a
few minutes of running and over heats easily. The top end is very strong and will pull until I run out of space but the low end is weak and the GT4R doesn't come out of the corner strong at all.
Thanks for the help.

your problem is most likely carb related. I have a collari 5 port that exhibited the exact same behavior after a while with the stock carb...I never tried to seal it, I just put a RB carb on and it's a rocket bottom-mid-and top now. I used the same engine I thought was poop with rb carb in a heavy V1RR and could pull big block 235mm cars on the str8.

Also the stock gt4r clutch isn't so great for punchiness, maybe consider the centax.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

vulso

You are not alone, I'm having the exact problem with my Collari (XS12)

it's the fastest thing on the track for 3 minutes then it all goes shite
Old 03-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

it seems like out of 10 ppl i know who owns these engines...10 ppl have the same problems.

I wish that Collari would build a more reliable engine.... because it is a damn fast engine but the engine is just to difficult to handle.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys for the info!

Those of you with the same problem this what what I'm going to do. I removed my carb and ordered some Devcon silicone sealant. I am going to seal up the carb and around the high speed needle. I think my biggest problem might be air leaks, more so than a worn engine. I had a cracked silicone manifold exhaust seal. I replaced it with a new and more durable one. I'm then going to test the engine and see how it works and post it here. I hope it works because this is a kicka#@ engine that really flies. If this doesn't work I'm going to try PatellaDragger's idea and get a new carb. If anyone has done this already please post it here because it seems there are a lot of people with this same problem.

I wonder what Innotech Collari thinks of this, or better yet has a solution!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Hey vulso

I e-mailed a few of the guys back East, they said they know of two (2) problems Carbs need to be sealed, and also if its an older motor (don't have any serial #'s) the Carbs leak... from where it differ's Bad production run they think...

If all else fails get a different Carb. Sorry if your New to this and don't have any laying around, but check the tracks you run at someone there probably has one laying around.

Don't give UP!!! Your going to love this... Even with all the problems!!! You'll know this once your Car is running, and singing down the Track!!! Nothing like it... Well maybe... having your kids Great Fishing Trip, Winning a Heli tourny, Scoring high in a 1000 yrd shoot... hahaha

Good Luck!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by vulso
I think I am going to try Superior and Bruckner Hobbies online. They sell the motors so maybe they'll have the piston and sleeve!?!
Pitbull: Is your motor doing something similiar to mine?
Yes it is.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Brad, my engine has been in use w/ the stock carb and never had a problem.Until recently my motor man has checked over it and says piston and sleeve needs to be replaced.So now I need to find parts for rebuild.This motor is so very fast!I have been running this engine for the past 6 months in weekly racing so it has been tuned properly.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Brad!

As far as never giving up I won't. But at this point I would settle for the car running the length of a 5 minute race.

PitRacer: I just got an e-mail from RC imports, an importer of Collari engines. They said try Ace Hardware Hobbies, they should have them in stock, there phone number is (650)697-3383.
There website is acehardwarehobbies.com he said retail is around $75.00.

P.S...If collari knew of a manufacturing defect with the carb shouldn't they replace them for free!

Also is a picture of my GT4R with my XS12RT5 with a CRAZYNUTRACING head, a great thing that actually works!
Attached Thumbnails Collari Piston and Sleeve-09_07a.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Pit-racer

Are you the same one that hangs out with RTO and Minicooper??? If you are... met you a few times. I'm the fat japanese(with glasses)guy that didn't have his cars...

As far as the Collari's, this is what they told me(back East guys)... I've never run them myself. One of the guys in Florida is starting to MOD (just told that about an hour ago) them so they must be alright I guess.

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hey vulso

Well I hope they have them in stock... Ace runs out alot... When I'm up North(Cal)I've gone to there shop a few times for different 1/8 spares, and lots of motor parts, but there always out... They save stuff for the locals, my cousin lives up there, and used to race all the time(1/8)he told me you have to know someone that works there to get parts that everyone wants... But this was a few years ago, maybe they've changed...

Did you seal the carb??? If so how's it working???

As far as replacement for defects, I've never run any New Collari company motors so I don't know about there replacement policy. I've run the the Collari Picco's, and a Collari NovaRossi (.21) I got off a guy in Florida (never new he did Nova's), ran like a bat out of hell, right into the wall at the back of the main straight( just after break-in)... Out pulled a JP and RB(MOD), and that was that... Radio problem left it wide open, then it seized... not one of my best days...

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.