Wiki Posts
Search

Orion WASP .12

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Orion WASP .12

hey guys,

i have an HPI Nitro Rs4 3 SS and want a new engine and was looking and this engine , does anyone have it installed? is it fast ? or what else would be a better choice in engine ranging from .12-.18??? money being no option...

Mike
Old 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Orion Wasp

The Orion Wasp is an extemely fast engine, but you NEED to use the Orion clutch assembly for it.
I have two myself, and I did try it with out the Orion clutch, and the engine really has no bottom end. When I installed the clutch, it is like a complete different engine.
I have it in a RRR, and tried the Kyosho clutch with a stronger spring, but it did not help at all.
The clutch makes all the difference in the world.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brc358
The Orion Wasp is an extemely fast engine, but you NEED to use the Orion clutch assembly for it.
Not necessarily true. You need to set the clutch differently is all. I have run this engine in my MTX-4 with a Mugen clutch and it works fine. Yes it needs to rev higher before engaging. I will agree though that I prefer the Orion square spring over the others I have tried.

Oh yeah one other thing. There is a full thread just for this motor here http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113734
Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There two Team Orion "Wasp" engines - the standard one and the CRF REV. Which one are you looking at Mike?

Standard: http://www.teamorion.com/Products/St...+Nitro+Engines

CRF REV: http://www.teamorion.com/Products/Wa...nes/12+CRF+REV
Old 03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wasp .12 & XRAY NT1

Hi guys,

I have just purchased an ORION Wasp engine. I understand it is the 1st version, not the one with the improved torque. Being a long hardcore electric racer, I have nothing to compare it with so I cannot comment on it. Testing will actually take place this coming weekend, on Saturday to be exact, and I will take part in my 1st ever race in 1/10 Nitro the following day, on Sunday..
Car will be the brand new XRAY NT1.
More info in my blog. Just click on my signature!

Last edited by John Doucakis; 03-08-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi John!

Which clutch did You put on your engine? I have an ABI (Adrien Bertin Influenced) with Serpent clutch for my 720. The package said it's a conversion kit for Serpent, put it did not fit to the Serpent clutch, I think it had packaging problem But that is a different problem.

Now I saw Teemu was driving an NT1 with Orion engine, but I don't see any conversion kit for the NT1.

Please let me know how You have put yours together.

Balint