Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which engine please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default which engine please help

hey guys, i have a hpi nitro rs4 3 SS and i want to change engines to either the twam orion wasp CRF REv engine or the Ofna Picco JLR .12 Red-Dot ... which one should i choose????? which would be a better applictaion for racing...

please help fast
Old 02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

The JLR Red Dot .12 is the best value hands down. The motor is under $200 off the shelf and can hang with the Novarossi and Os .12 TZ Speed Tuned motors. You can even get it modded by http://murnanmodified.com and really blow away anything out there. The only possible engines that would be faster IMO in a .12 are the modded Sirio STI EvoIII and the modded Novarossi 12-3SCT (I'm comparing a modded JLR Red Dot to these). However, the price you would pay for those 2 motors is much higher than you would pay for the Red Dot. Nothing out right now can really touch the value you get from this motor. Stock or modded.

Still waiting on the Ninja .12 which looks promising (dunno pricing).
Old 02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think these two choices come with standard shaft, which is standard for the rs4. You would have to buy the flywheel / centax conversion, and new engine mounts. ( I got mine from rcboyz.com a looooong time ago) This would cost you an additional 75 bucks or so.

Just get the OS 0.18 tz with standard shaft. You just drop it in and go. You can achieve higher speeds if you run smaller pinions.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dnitro
I don't think these two choices come with standard shaft, which is standard for the rs4. You would have to buy the flywheel / centax conversion, and new engine mounts. ( I got mine from rcboyz.com a looooong time ago) This would cost you an additional 75 bucks or so.

Just get the OS 0.18 tz with standard shaft. You just drop it in and go. You can achieve higher speeds if you run smaller pinions.
*slaps self* why didn't I think of that