RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge March 23th-24th 2007

RC Pro Series & The Homestead Miami International Speedway RC Club
Presents....

The Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge
March 23th-24th 2007
Track Design by Art Carbonell

Last edited by Jspeed; 01-10-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

This sounds like a good time. Do we get a little time off to watch the IRL race?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

The IRL race doesn't start until 8pm saturday night so we should be able to.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jspeed,
Will this race be on the same surface as we ran on for the state race. Or was the rumor true of a new surface to be laid down. Not the the one we ran on was bad ( at all ). Just curious. I had a blast at the state race.

And If the layout will be the same (((( BRING SOME PONIES ))))
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like fun.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

will defenetely be racing this one

when can we sighn up
Old 12-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Track layout will similar to the existing one... but bigger!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

We'll have a lot of backup stuff for this event as well. The RC Pro staff that ran the Finals in Rockford will be there to help the club. We carry backup scoring systems with us. So we will have 2 systems running just like you would at a Worlds. We'll also post a schedule prior to this event so everyone will know when they run and what's happening. The speedway is working on a parking area for the participants. Preliminary plan is for the racers to be able to pull in and unload their stuff between 6am and 9am then pull their car out and park it in a reserved place. After 9am when the track opens to the public we will have a golf cart assigned to us and someone will be assigned to operate it. We can then go out and pickup anyone and bring them and their equipment in. We have several things to finalize so we can put an entry form out. Your entry will include a general admission pass so you can watch the races on the speedway. We're working out little details with the speedway right now like general admission cost and how many display booths we can set up. Pitting will be under the main grandstand so they say you won't need a pit tent. They have electric available but if we need more they will set up a generator. I will have a place on the entry flyer for you to check if you will need a pit table and chairs or not so we can have them available at no extra charge.
I'll be posting more soon.

thanks
Carlton
Old 12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Once again RC Pro series puts on one hell of a race. Bigger better track. Indy car racing after toy car racing. Sounds like vacation to me!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

#1 September 9th and 10th, 2006 - Fort Myers Civic Center Points Results Qualifiers

#2 October 28th and 29th, 2006 - Kissimmee KRaceway Points Results Qualifiers

#3 November 11th and 12th, 2006 - Fort Myers Civic Center Points Results Qualifiers

#4 December 9th and 10th, 2006 - Homestead Points Results Qualifiers

#5 January 13th and 14th, 2007 - Fort Myers Civic Center

Closed for February to allow racers to run the Snowbirds and/or Winternats

#6 March 3rd and 4th, 2007 - Kissimmee KRaceway

#7 March 24th and 25th, 2007- Port Charlotte - Charlotte RC Raceway

April 28th and 29, 2007 - "Sour Grapes" - Fort Myers Civic Center (Non-Points)

I just tought I would remind everyone that we've been racing for points all year and we will be racing on the new asphalt of Port Charlotte this weekend .This place has a special place in my hart since I will be heavily involved in the building process Thanks for reading.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

I know. I am hopeing something can be worked out so people can attend both races. I think if I have to pick it would be a hard choice. May have to skip on the points this year. Hopefully the state race can move one week or so. I know they do not have to and it is unfair to them, but the rc pro race was made for the date of a big real car race in homestead and they are tring to get the publicity for our hobby. We will just have to see.

DJ Apolaro

p.s. I can not wait to see the new charlotte track, David and Gary always run nice races. Make sure to tell us when we can come for a weekend to play.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

We'll keep you posted and I hope this works out for everyone too but It is Our first state race on the new track.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

As soon as we realized there was a state series race on that date I called Gary. It sounds like we can work it out. I'm waiting to hear back from him with the final word.

Carlton
Old 12-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

I must apologize as well for the scheduling conflict for the FORGASS race.

The International Speedway people are working with their RC club to promote the popularity of RC racing. They intend to construct a world-class RC facility for America to enjoy.

They want to see the reaction of the general public to our “Brand” of motorsports during their IRL race. This event will justify the investment to all of their facilities nation-wide. The benefits of this RC race will increase the public awareness of our exciting sport.

As Carlton stated, he has spoken to Gary the President of FORGASS. It is my hope that the final “Points” race of the Florida on Road Gas Series will work with RC Pro to accommodate the unique opportunity we have before us all.

On behalf of everyone at RC Pro Series, I wish to thank you for your understanding, cooperation and enthusiastic support of the
Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge March 24th – 25th 2007.

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Events & Marketing
www.rcprosites.com
Old 12-15-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, a Win - Win would be best for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.