Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRP Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trust me, K-Factory is not GRP "rubber".
I find the fascination with GRP puzzling. JACO has won the last two ROAR 1/10 sedan nats, the 2006 1/8 ROAR Nats, the 1/8 Euros, and just won the Winternats in sedan while qualifying 1-6 on the grid. Am I missing something?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Jack,

I take it you can confirm that the kfactory tires use Jaco foam making them safe to buy.

Mark
Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

somebody knew wich kind of glue the factories use?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Trust me, K-Factory is not GRP "rubber".
I find the fascination with GRP puzzling. JACO has won the last two ROAR 1/10 sedan nats, the 2006 1/8 ROAR Nats, the 1/8 Euros, and just won the Winternats in sedan while qualifying 1-6 on the grid. Am I missing something?
I use Jaco, but they are expensive wherever I look. I can get them from rcmart or the like cheap, but the shipping cost makes it totally not worth it.

So I'm open to alternatives if the performance is not bad. I love Jaco, but would like to find someplace with good prices on them.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Winners Circle???? You know better than that.

GQ tire are not GRP rubber. They have had their own rubber made for them at their specified specs for years now. They have an excellent tire and need not worry about anyone's tire on the market.

Everyone has their own ideas on what tires are the best. We have found GQ's to be excellent on med to high bite tracks.... in our opinion. We found Serpent Jacos work best on med to low bite tracks and to be an excellent tire.. in our opinion.

We now have have K Factory tires in resealable packages to ensure freshness. These are very fresh tires as a matter fact( unlike what someone said ), and with excellent quality and very good looking rim. K Factory is known for their high quality in every product that they produce. The tires hold the same standard.

As in the grocery store with several brands of canned peas and corn, our hobby is not different. If the tire works for you with your driving style and track, then that is the best for you. The only way to find out is try a brand and see if you like them. If not go to the next. Rims do make a difference and as well as to how they are glued along with the quality of rubber. True quality is not based on one person saying they like or dislike them. Unless that person is driving your car for you, you need to find the best for you. We love what we sell to our customers and price sometimes does not dictate quality.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well guys i ran the Kfactory tires today our round 2 of championship. round 1 i used kawaharas, 37 front and 37 rear. best lap time was 17.560. round 2 and the K Factory rims on whatever foam they use ? , my best lap time was 17.002. i do think they made a huge difference in grip level . i could get on power earlier and longer. so this accounts for lowered lap time. i found them to wear similarly as quick as the kawaharas, with serpent jacos as being the best wearing i have tried so far. but grip level with K Factory Foams was great. i had a small tangle with a back marker and the front left rim got bent. so the tire had wobble in the rim. but was able to fix it and use it for the Final. so all in all, if they wear a bit quicker im not fussed,if they lowered my lap time by that much then thats what i like. they are a great price from Sam at Racedays, and should get them selling like hot potatoes. plus did i mention how they look on the car ? awesome. they are a shiny or glossy plastic rim not a dull white. so all good so far first timeout with the K Factory tires.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Darint
Towerhobbies? Are you CRAZY!! I used to run GRP foam and it's a good tire, but they (Gandini Racing Products) really shot themselves in the foot when they took a 6 month hiatus from shipping to the US, and consolidated all their dealers to a single entity in Great Planes a.k.a TowerHobbies.

TowerHobbies GRP foam for a 1/8th car will set you back $70 bucks, $29.99 for a "pair" of fronts and $39.99 for a "pair" of rears. That's $70 bucks before you pay to have them shipped!

For that same price, you can almost have two complete sets of BSR tires, and likely one and half sets of any other manufacture. www.bsr-racing.com

I like GRP foam, but it's simply not worth the price Tower is asking for them, unless they come with a small bar of gold in each box!

Hey if your broke get out of the hobby, 1/8th scale is not for you. Run rubber

Originally Posted by jelayne
Can someone send me some site that sell those sick GRP dish tires all those Mugen guys are running in the Winternats and World Championships or are they just for pros?
Did he say he was running 1/8th scale I don't think so!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Hey if your broke get out of the hobby, 1/8th scale is not for you. Run rubber
Hey but he's right. It is very very overpriced.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

I'd go broke if I bought from Tower... And it's not the scale, all of Tower's prices are "overpriced", which is required. Tower is the web site (ebay) of Great Planes... Great Planes contract with their local retailers says they won't publicly undersale them "the hobby shops great planes sales too" (my opinon).

So, buy from Tower, and waste your money, I'm a little more frugile with my money... At least I waste it on two sets of tires to your one set :-)
Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

GRP (FastTires) used to make the same dish tires as KFactory's dish tires. I found the GRP's version would loose trueness after a few bumps with the wall. I don't know if Kfactory's version is the same as I have not used them.

I do know the GQ tires are rock solid and can withstand hits better than any others that I've tried. Very even wear and always sealed for freshness.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What is the average cost people are paying for GRP 1/8th tires?

We sell them for 24.99 for fronts and 29.99 for rears. 55 dollars for 1/8th tires seems rediculous IMO but since the only importer for these that we can buy them from is great planes.Even at these prices,we make very little on these tires.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

I must live in a bad area because I always thought I was getting a good deal at Towerhobbies compared to my local track. For example at the track it cost 17.99 for a set of Jaco 28mm foam tires and at tower its 15.29.

Im ordering a TM G4S from Towerhobbies has it for 374.99 - $30 off promotion. I cant find a better deal than that period..

.12 O.S. TZ runs 229.00 at Tower -$30.00 off promo

Please help me, save me if you can from the over priced monster.

if you can! (because I already checked and they have the better deal)
send me some links I'll send you mine.

The bigger the company the more of a discount they can give you because they dont have to squeeze every little penny out of every item. Yeah some products might be more but the ones that count are cheaper. Protoform bodies sell at my LHS for 24.99/26.99 approx. Towerhobbies $19.49 Im not on the bandwagon but u guys make it sound like its plain "crazy" to buy at Tower.

Last edited by Wayne1one; 02-19-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
I must live in a bad area because I always thought I was getting a good deal at Towerhobbies compared to my local track. For example at the track it cost 17.99 for a set of Jaco 28mm foam tires and at tower its 15.29.
Im ordering a TM G4S from Towerhobbies has it for 374.99 - $30 off promotion. I cant find a better deal than that period..
Racedays have the car for $375 as well but thats no promotion period just period. and all the parts and engines you will find as well. the one stop shop for the G4S. oh and a hell of a nice guy ill link you if you havent already seen the site. http://www.racedayhobbies.com/ also on my signature
Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Racedays have the car for $375 as well but thats no promotion period just period. and all the parts and engines you will find as well. the one stop shop for the G4S. oh and a hell of a nice guy ill link you if you havent already seen the site. http://www.racedayhobbies.com/ also on my signature
I have heard that they have the best parts support for the kit and I will purchase all my option/replacement parts from them

but

they have the kit for the same price. I rather buy it from Tower because they will take an extra $30 dollars is there a hobby shop that has the kit for $344.00.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

this place has it for $425 with free shiping http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=9675 and has the .12TZ 3port for $190

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.