Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen mtx Centax Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen mtx Centax Clutch

I'm looking at buying a centax clutch for my v-one-r...i was going to get the 3d standard one from kyosho thats on the RR's and RRR or k-factory but i seem to remember seeing that a mugen MTX clutch would fit, is this true? and would kyosho pinnions fit on the spindle or would i need a kyosho clutch bell?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supermoto552
I'm looking at buying a centax clutch for my v-one-r...i was going to get the 3d standard one from kyosho thats on the RR's and RRR or k-factory but i seem to remember seeing that a mugen MTX clutch would fit, is this true? and would kyosho pinnions fit on the spindle or would i need a kyosho clutch bell?
when i ran the mugen clutch on my fwo5r i had to use the mugen pinions with the mugen clutch bell
Old 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i used the mtx3 clutch on my r40 just look at the offset of the pinion to gear so they dont touch
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes you are correct, the MTX3 clutch fits as i ran one with the kyosho pinions in my V1RR and it fit great!
Make sure you get the MTX3 clutch and not the MTX4 one as the pinion size is different
Old 02-01-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The MTX3 clutch set uses the older modules. The MTX4 uses the 0.8 module for the pinion and spurs. With the V1RR Evo, it uses the 0.8 module already.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doki_doki
The MTX3 clutch set uses the older modules. The MTX4 uses the 0.8 module for the pinion and spurs. With the V1RR Evo, it uses the 0.8 module already.
MTX-3 uses .8 module as well....I know I had my r40 .8 pinions mounted on it. Also im selling 2 mtx-3 clutch sets , one if mike swaugers set from one of his races. The other is mine , both slightly used , perfect condition. LMK via pm if you want them. Good price.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 02-01-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Right...well its a MTX-4 clutch, and the car is a v-one-r if that make any difference, i think all pinions are the same (RR/RRR-correct??) will this still fit or do you think i'll need a new bell, or will the kyosho ones fit on the threads? Here's the clutch, i've not seen one in england that cheap, £27 delivered, so can't grumble, K-factory one's about £65.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1416&rd=1&rd=1

Another question about gearing...the RRR's spurs look the same fitment as mine, can i use they're gear ratio's, as ordering stuff for my old car, takes a few weeks, and the shop stock all rrr stuff.

If so what number of teeth on pinnion and spur set, for fast instant acceleration and another set for top speed? I really can't get to grasp with all these numbers yet, so dont really understand....only new to racing set-up;s.

Thanks for all your input so far guys.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone help me out with gearing ideas, or point me in the right direction of somewhere that explains it clearly?

thanks