R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Modding a Nova Mega SX 12 RE Turbo

Hi just wondering if you can make mods to a SX12 RE turbo for top end, because it spins like hell of the mark it is just when it peaks out it looks slow-ish i am just wondering?
MDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to deanspoors
Default 3-5 port

3 port engines are mainly used for acceleration and speed out of corners you wont get your car much higher top end because of the no. of ports ....... 5 port engines can get rid of gasses quicker thus making the RPM's higher but these engines tend to not have as much acceleration as the 3 port. if you really want to mod your engine there are plenty of pics on the net on how to D.I.Y mod...... havent seen any mods been done on the SX-12 RE persifically, but to be honest i would try! if you do not know what you are doing you can wreck your engine!!
hope ive helped ....... Dean
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

you may want to try a different pipe and header first

if you want to do your own mods still you could look at pictures on other threads like smeltz

if you are good with a dremel you could do it if your carefull but it is probably going to take experimentation

one thing i did was i drilled my carb out it made a big difference but it took a couple hours to get it all done

other than the carb i havent done any of my own mods i will leave it to the professionals for now

i know a guy who in four years time has learned how to do mods and his engines are as fast as any mod engines out there
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote