Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOOD FUEL

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Suspended

Default GOOD FUEL

What are the things to consider in order to determine if it is a GOOD FUEL?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

First, what do you need the fuel for? Racing? On road? Off road? Just general practice? These are all important factors when determining if a fuel is good.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Fuel for on road .12 engine

What's a good fuel for on road racing .12 engine?
I heared werks fuel is pretty good.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To determine a good fuel, it will need to be consistent from badge to badge, that it provides good power and that your local hobby shop will be able to supply you the fuel all the time and reputation White Lightning is 1 of the best I have tried but they discontinued it, POWERMASTER is also considered the best which will be available SOON
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BYRONS!!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
BYRONS!!
naaaaa...... TORNADO!!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scarlet
What are the things to consider in order to determine if it is a GOOD FUEL?
good luck my friend.... this argument is like politics and religion. it has been argued over and over and over since day 1 and still no right answer.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
To determine a good fuel, it will need to be consistent from badge to badge, that it provides good power and that your local hobby shop will be able to supply you the fuel all the time and reputation White Lightning is 1 of the best I have tried but they discontinued it, POWERMASTER is also considered the best which will be available SOON
Thanks for your explanation Team Kamikaze, on things to consider a good fuel, and to the others that responded, I am not asking for a specific brand, I have tried them all, but I will stick with Powermaster for now, it is easy to get where I live. and in my opinion on other fuel I believe W---s is a little hard on engines, B----s is slow, and T-----o is I believe doesn't hold a tune very well, what I really like is Runner Time, it is expensive but it is the best.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would go to the Byrons website and see the tutorial on fuel. It helped me understand what to look for in certain blends, and what is beneficial for the type of racing you do.
It may come down to what you can get in your area, because fuel by the gallon is expensive to ship.

-Steve
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Maxys Fuel is pretty good and the best from what I've used so far (I've tried almost all of them).

But I understand the question that was first posted. To determine a good fuel, I guess there's no better way than trying it out yourself. After a gallon or so, open your motor and look at what it did to the internals. You will also be able to see how it holds tune, the fuel mileage, and how powerful or the opposite the motor can get with the needles properly tuned. This way you will find out what fuel will work the best for you. Other racers can help you go to the right direction by telling you what fuel worked for them and it should be a pretty good starting point.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TORO best that i have run without making it myself

[email protected]
Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Suspended

I have tried the M---s fuel you mentioned during the Great Lakes Challenge, it is sad to say it blew 3 of my motors, and it did not only happened to me, I know a few more racers using the same fuel that blew a few of their motor up.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Trick Pony BBQ JEFF here, how about whipping me up a special batch for the Winternats(?)

see ya soon

Jeff E
Blowin' Smoke BBQ
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I tried a fuel (different brand) before where I blew 2 motors in Vegas in one race weekend. The next year I went there with the same fuel, I had great results. I guess things can happen sometimes and it could be other things other than the fuel, or maybe it could be the fuel too. But then again, there's so many factors to consider.

Good luck to you man, I hope you get what you are looking for .
Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

..There are a lot of factors that blow up engines. I would bet that 99 percent of the time that it isn't because of the fuel! If you use a FRESH, name brand fuel you will be ok. Another good source is the RB message board. They sell they're own fuel (that's hard to find in the U.S.), but could recommend something in the States.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.