Team Magic G4 "Black Magic"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4 "Black Magic"

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Team magic things are usually quite good and very innovative, so if this comes stateside (even better if it comes to hawaii), then it might be an interesting thing to look at for a new car.

i think this car is much more than a VoneR. Sure it looks similar, and I believe that it looks even more like a Reflex NT, but I still say that it is nothing like them.

laydown servo, fifth body post, lightweight (and smaller) two speed among other things that I didn't notice in 10 seconds.

One thing I have to question the usefulness of; the switch is located in the perfect place for a person such as myself to burn his hand on the pipe at the end of a race when turning off the radio system.

Don't quite know what that 950 looking plastic front end thing does, but I know that it made it harder to see behind it (in the picture at least) . Looks very futuristic, but most of the time that doesn't help opinions on how a car performs. When might it come out?
Old 04-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

what about the fuel filter on the back pressure pipe....

i run a TC3, but if i had to choose between that and a VoneRR i choose the V1. that car is nice, but it just doesnt look any more special then anything else out today
Old 04-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
... it just doesnt look any more special then anything else out today
That is the thing about today's market, it seems that there is very little that makes anything special anymore. That only leaves room for the details to set cars apart, and the details are the things that make vehicles different, for better or worse.

*edit, the previous post was a bad example*

Last edited by Im2lazy; 04-04-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

but how many suped up G35s do you see? everyone wants a Z

(same cars, different names)

id use something american as an example, but these days if its american every idiot wants dubs on it

even mustangs..ugh, dont wanna make it fast like its designed to be. wanna slap some dubs and add some beats....like rice rockets but even more awkward since atleast a rice rocket isnt fast and just adds beats. why add 1 grand worth of stereo in a preformance car

sorry rambling a little today...gotta get it out before i see customers tonight at work
Old 04-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

I had to post that last one and run. I got rid of the bad example, and I knew it was bad too, I just pressed the post button before I realized what I was pressing.

For the record, I hate the styling of the 350Z and love the styling of the Infinty G35 coupe (I think thats right). Makes it look less like a project in 'futurism'. Plus, I'd it better than the 350Z too. That's just me, and I'm not going deeper into my thinking on the car because this isn't the place.

I just think the add-ons made by Team Magic to the "standard" three-belt nitro touring car layout, makes it a car that could be able to lead much of its present competition. Until the car comes out, its just thinking though....
Old 04-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

im not denying it anything, but its nothing special for sure, just another run of the mill car to compete with

PS: just for a record, the G35 is actully slightly less more of a preformer because it has a backseat(i thought the Z did, but apparently it doesnt)
Old 04-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

im not denying it anything, but its nothing special for sure, just another run of the mill car to compete with

PS: just for a record, the G35 is actully slightly less more of a preformer because it has a backseat(i thought the Z did, but apparently it doesnt)
I am sorry, but that is insulting to the designers of this car at and Team Magic.

Anything that can stand up to today's nitro racing sedans is something special that took a lot of time and effort.
Save this type of a comment at least until the car has come out.

Lets leave the full-size car thing out of the nitro onroad rc forum.
-----
Anyone with the date of release for this car?
Old 04-05-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

but how many suped up G35s do you see? everyone wants a Z

(same cars, different names)

id use something american as an example, but these days if its american every idiot wants dubs on it

even mustangs..ugh, dont wanna make it fast like its designed to be. wanna slap some dubs and add some beats....like rice rockets but even more awkward since atleast a rice rocket isnt fast and just adds beats. why add 1 grand worth of stereo in a preformance car

sorry rambling a little today...gotta get it out before i see customers tonight at work

if im not mistake the G35 and the 350Z are based on two totally different chassis, because the G35 is acctually a skyline with a different name
Old 04-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

me43,
you got pm, also the g35 is based on the 350z

And I broke my word
Old 04-05-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

really? could of sworn it wasn't because it's a skyline, and why would nissan japan base the skyline off of the nissan usa 350Z, wouldn't make sense

i'll try find a link about it
Old 04-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

because the Z has a solid chassis

anyways, enough ofhe rice rocket junk, im afraid my nice american car might get a spoiler and get even slower(and for a jeep thats murder)

anyways i didt mean it meanly, its just nothing these days reall "blows the competition out of the water" like the Ofna pirate dominator did at that tmaxx challenge. everything just kinda stays equal, which is why i said it was run of the mill. it might have some nice bells and whistles on it, but i personally dont think its gonna totally lead the competition. its too VoneRish
Old 04-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Plus with the MTX-3 out, no car can contend!
Old 04-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Is Cyrul driving G4 now?

does anyone know if Cryrul was running this car in vegas at speedline GP? From looking at the lap times (I wasn't there), it looks like he was the fastest driver out there by far, the only one running consistent mid 18's on occassion.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default He ran those times...

not because of the car but because he Josh cyrul.Period.Who cares what he ran because we are not him.I hate it when people think that a particular car will make them that much faster when in reality its the DRIVEr,Pro at that that makes the car so fast.
The Team magic car looks sweet and has what it needs to be competitive but there is no hype here.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Not sure anyone who has much racing experience thinks a car will make them THAT much faster. However,a car that is easy to setup and that has good handling characteristics is EASIER to drive fast and this is why you see so many guys pick up laps instantly when they switch to better handling cars. At least I have seen it, and experienced it.

The top few guys factory guys are very close in skill level. If one of them is a lot faster than the others then some variable like the car or setup or engine has to be considered. Cyrul ran the speedline last year with a reflex didn't he? Was he faster than the other top pro guys last year? I'm not taking anything from cyrul - he's obviously one of the top 3 or 4 racers in the world. That doesn't mean the car isn't really good - like I said - the other guys who race on his level are top racers too.

Cyrul hasn't been as consistently dominant with the reflex as he has with other cars he's driven recently (1/12th, tc3, kyosho 1/8th), so if he is laying it down now with the G4 that would make me believe it's a strong car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.