R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yeah thats mainly what it would and did do with me. The extra heat began making it run hotter and get leaner etc etc. I richened it and then what I noticed is the motor didnt need as much wot to get around the track so it was using less fuel with a richer setting.

Weird how stuff works sometimes. But its good to see some people doing well with it. After my troubles and staining of everything yellow and the burning of my eyes in the pits. I promptly turned that fuel over to my break-in fuel bin.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #17

I use Powermaster 30% formula 16 car fuel, it is so far the best Fuel I have ever used, I have tried Odonell 30% which gave nothing else but problems, Byrons 30% is the same way, also gave Maxy's 30% a try which is not any better than powermaster, can't get it to run fast and never tried sportwerks, I know you don't see powermaster much in the hobby shop, but where I live hobby shops have it due to being close to the manufacturing plant of powermaster.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

I wanted to try powermaster but could not find it in my area. Last I knew they also make Traxxas fuel.
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

i haven't had any prob's w/ o"donnel's..for me it tune's easy and dosen't need alot of attention..i'm a stout OD fan 30%..i've tried Wildcat and Traxas and OD is better to my liking.i get the response i'm looking for and the temp i'm comfortable with...
SacWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
Tech Regular

I dont recognize Sport Werks makeing fuel? Off road buggie yes. I know of Werks fuel, is this one in the same? I am a fan of Odonell fuel ,tried White Lightning once and had problems switched back. The best results ever was makeing my own fuel.
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #21
Tech Adept

I have tried Fantom, Odonnel, Byron and Tornado.
Im not sure which one produces the most power or runs the coolest, i usually go by the sound of the engine and the look of the parts when im doin routine maintenance.
at the end of last season i decided to try Tornado(25%) and found it to be very consistant, easy to tune and the internals were still shiny and showed no signs of wear after a few runs.although the only fuel i was ever concerned about might have been the Fantom SC30R, and its only cause of the low oil content.
My supplier was mixing in Klotz oil to give me peace of mind.
AKSHUN is offline   Reply With Quote