Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ground Effects

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ground Effects

Has anyone here used "Ground Effects"? its a liquid you apply to your tires and let them soak it up... it gives you a lot more traction... It work really well for me. Has anyone else used it?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Traction compound is mainly for electric racers that run shorter races than us nitro guys. Theyre running 5-8min heats and mains where we run 5-10min heats and 1 Hr mains. I've seen some nitro sedan guys run it but I don't see where the advantage is. You run your 5 minute heats and have awesome traction but when it comes to an 1/2 hr to 1 hr main, you have an advantage for the first 5-8min but when the compound burns off, you're driving a completely different setup. Not flaming putting compound on tires, but I rather find a good setup and tweaking it during the qualifiers and hopefully have a dialed car for the main.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with thunder.

If you are suffering lack of grip, there are many other ways to get more traction out of your car. Also, gas tracks usually already applied some kind of traction additive to begin with... VHT, sugar water/grape soda...

Dom
Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I agree with Thunder too, but the only time I will use it is at club racing when the main is only up to 15 min. Then I only use NIFTECK, it seems to last longer then the other stuff thats out there.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

I agree with thunder its all about setup.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Yea i guess, but i have had a problem with my car ever since i added more power to it. when the traction isnt good, the rear end shoots out to the left making the car go right. when i apply the tire compound, its fixed. Now is the another solution to my problem like a setup issue or differential problem?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

This occurs when i go full throttle
Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Sounds like a shaft torque thing to me, this is the reason the flash lite guys only use belts in mod. In stead of piling money into your current chassis maybe you outta give a belt car a whirl...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In a bind ive added some traction sauce to the front or rear or both dependant on the tracks current grip. This is more of a quick fix for grip when the track is giving me trouble. Normally this is when I also notice other drivers having this problem.

Otherwise I try to play with the suspension some in between heats to rectify. I use a few as well I normally like to presoak my tires in tire tweek , so the day of there really isnt anything needed.