Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1992 Yokomo RX.12 just opened the box. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1992 Yokomo RX.12 just opened the box. HELP

I am just forwarding this to Rctech forums as people from the YokomoUSA forums are not replying, and as i know nothing about nitro cars i thought i would get answered here Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted By nobrakes ~ YokomoUSA.com

Does one ever have to run a fuel pump. This little engine does not run. (at least idle) I have contacted Yokomo USA for a manual they sent to me 1 sheet stating your engine has been set-up at factory (yeah thanks) Whats the gig. It looks like a nice engine!
I run 10% nitro with a #8 OS glow plug (have tried 25% to)breakin was OK today I am installing a clunk tank above the carb (see if that helps)or maybe an on-board glow igniter.
I am an RC pilot fixed-wing/helicopters. I have a reputation that includes "he never has a dead stick" I know my nitro engines but this one is very upsetting. Is there any known problems with this line of .12's
pls help!!!!!

OK so I am replying to my own messages now. I have found by taking apart my engine the glowplug is about halfway down the hole. Can someone tell me if this is normal. Or should the glowplug be flush with the bottom of the head.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

pump is not necessary when the tank is pressurized from the muffler or tuned pipe. Couple of questions for you.
1. is this motor in a car or are you attempting to use as a aircraft motor.
2. is the tank that you have selected from a car kit or is it a standard clunk from sullivan?
3. car motors use different timing on intake and exhaust than aircraft and are not tuned the same. are you using your same techniques to run the new motor.
4. is this really a 1992 motor or are you just pulling one.