Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho v1 rrr suspension bush A & B

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default kyosho v1 rrr suspension bush A & B

how do the suspension bush A & B or upper and lower arm pos work on the v1 rrr for setup or different kind of tracks
Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Roll Center Adjustment!

These are roll center adjustments for the front and rear of car.

Front: A-up, B-up, B-down, & A-down

High Bite:
I usually run B-up. A-up is the least responsive and A-down is the most responsive. As you go down, the steering becomes very aggressive. On a high bite track, this will make the car feel VERY twitchy and you will make many corrections in direction at slower speeds. I like to be aggressive to allow me to push the car, but not so aggressive I have to fight myself if I scrub to much speed by not being smooth and clean.

Low Bite:
You need to be less responsive because the car tends to steer to much causing the rear of the car to break loose. This is why I like B-up for most tracks that don't have the bite like a big race.

Rear:

High Bite:
Raising the hinge pins reduces the roll center and makes the car harder to roll onto the tires, so it reduces the rear bite. Winternats usually high bite and I will start at B-up and will probably be A-up.

Low Bite:
On local tracks, non-preped, parking lot tracks, B-down and A-down will lower the hinge pins causing more roll onto tires and increasing rear bite. A good starting point is always B-down and work from that point.

Now saying all this, this is only one part of making your car fast in the corners. Springs rate, shock position, camber position, caster,shock oil, piston hole size or number, ackerman....., all have apart of cornering, but getting the correct roll center for your driving style is a must before you can fine tune your setup.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

thank you bighurt98