Wiki Posts
Search

Barry Baker Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Barry Baker Q&A

I thought this might be better than keeping in the Winternats thread.

I got a question about the new pipes and headers coming out. What do you think of things like the Dynamite header that allows you to run regular pipes? Or do you think the Assoc. Dual Chamber is the best out there?

Jon
Old 02-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Swen--We at Associated have test alot of pipes and it seems that the Dual chamber that we sell is the best overall pipe on the market for punch and top speed...I have tried the dynamite header yet but it looks like I need to look into it..

Barry Baker
Old 02-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have not tried the dynamite header yet********************
Old 02-19-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Mr. Baker,
When your contract is over at AE are you going to resign with them in the future?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

do you think you had the best car or simply outdrove the competition at winternats or a combination of the 2?

how close do you think all the current touring cars are now?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Punisher--I hope to be with Associated for a long long time..the team is good and the cars are good

jason102276--I feel I had the best car on the track for the Final(best car,fastest engine,good driving)the whole package.good final pitstops to keep me close helped out .....it was just a good final for me other then my one brain fade..

Barry Baker
Old 02-19-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Barry, this is a copy of what I posted in the ntc3 forum. I seem to have alot of slop in the front end. I recently put in the nylon shims from AE on the bottom arms. With a little shaving the bottom seems better. Are there any other things you can suggest I.E. with the steering assembly? This is one area I would like to improve.
Thanks in advance
Old 02-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Chuckmando---the slop on the bottom arm goes away when the top arm is mounted I have never shimed anything and no I do not build a new car all the time either but I have seen the slop in the arm but like I said it goes away when everything is mounted up..

What problems are you having with the steering?

Barry Baker
Old 02-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey barry I swiched to ntc3 after my bad race at cinci at the nats just wanted to thank you for coming on rctech and answering all the questions we racers ask we app you spending the time to help us. thanks and good luck
Old 02-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hey Barry....when are coming down to Crystal Park again with your Nitro? I keep seeing you whip people(including me) with your electric, I've never seen you run the nitro. I heard your fast!

BTW, were you using a brushless at CP?
Old 02-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmmm...
Old 02-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

ilaybrk-thanx for all the support

Bolisario-I have no idea when I will be back but I love to go there because the track is so nice and James is a great guy to support his track........I have never tested a brushless,I was testing the new Reedy KR motor verus the TI motor and the KR is very very fast as people have seen that were there when I tested my electric car...

lucyinthesky-HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What problems are you having with the steering?

Barry Baker [/B][/QUOTE]

Barry, If I hold 1 tire and move the other left and right, just seems like there is a little too much movement. I noticed a little coming from the ballcups, which if I can ever move my car(with the blizzard here in the east) I will replace. Seems I may have a little extra play between the swing rack and the swing rack bell crank arms. I thighted them up pretty well, they move freely but seems like there is extra play. When I put the car on the hudy, I also notice it. I compared it to a friends. He has less play. Also I might add, I have used the car many more hours then he. My car handles well and I am more often than not the one to catch at the track, but in the hairpins, I cannot get through them as well as others(its not by much, but I can tell) even trying to vary my way of entering and leaving. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse for my lack of driving skills....
Old 02-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

When are you coming back to visit us at Trackside? It's probably too cold for you here anyway...

That's okay... you'll see all of us in Minnesota anyway.

**Sheesh - I hope I don't suck so bad when I get there...**

And hmmm....

Old 02-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Barry- I know this is probably a tough question to answer but what is the best way you go about freeing up your drivetrain on your TC3? At the Snowbirds there was a TC3 on display and that thing was really really free and would spin for a long time.

Also do you run 48 pitch Spur and Pinions on your TC3? A friend was looking at your car and noticed it and asked me later if you were but I never really looked closly. I figured it was 64 pitch.

Did you guys make a running change on the new Gears for the TC3/NTC3 or is there a New Part number?

Thanks Barry

Mike Webb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.