Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
I agree. I remember reading something about this earlier in the thread. I think the problem was the collet if i remebmer correctly.
hows the new car going mate?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

I have an NT1 with motor and extras 4 sale in this link:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...or-extras.html
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

seems a good deal
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

NOT SOLD YEEET????????????????????? thats cheeeeaaaaap.... if i didnt have one i would buy yours
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, thanks for all of the help. I have tried most of these fixes and with no results, i have not heard of the collet for pico engines is there a different one that could have some effect on the tranny. Anyway i have checked the mesh the chasis changed the whole rear end of the car and everything and as far as the statement of trust me its the picco. What do you mean? i cant see how one brand of engine can cause gear strip if you can elaborate more on this that would be helpful, and also if i have to buy a specific engine for this car that forget it i like to run what i want to run and not have the car dictate to me what engine I have to run.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Hey guys, thanks for all of the help. I have tried most of these fixes and with no results, i have not heard of the collet for pico engines is there a different one that could have some effect on the tranny. Anyway i have checked the mesh the chasis changed the whole rear end of the car and everything and as far as the statement of trust me its the picco. What do you mean? i cant see how one brand of engine can cause gear strip if you can elaborate more on this that would be helpful, and also if i have to buy a specific engine for this car that forget it i like to run what i want to run and not have the car dictate to me what engine I have to run.
Sounds like you really want to get rid of the car. There's no one brand of motor that this car needs, all brands work. It sounds like you're having an issue with the motor, that's surfacing as an issue in the car. I've seen this car with almost every brand of motor, and never really heard about stripping gears until this thread.

i know many who have had trouble with those picco motors in other ways, so my guess would be the motor is the problem.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know youve probably already checked but if the inner bearing is bad or has any play inside the clutch bell it will strip a gear. Just trying to help.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default second gear

mrod did you try the new 09 v2 gear its wider i had the same problem until i change to the v2 gear i remved first gear push the engine far back as i could get it , it was a litle tight then i put first back on ran it slow to break them in and no problem sofar, my luck next time i race it, ill strip it but its been good for about three races try it thanks ps also watch your second gear clutch you may half to sand it round again after while it get flat spots and hiting to hard after sanding, it will shift smooth into second hope it works for you thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

also how hard does your second gear cut in
i did strip my second gear when my 2 speed engaged to savagely
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I personally don't run picco motors so i can't tell you for sure. What i do know is that people running picco motors especially the red dot had to change the collet they were using and once they changed it had no more gear stripping issues. For example if the collet your using is 5mm you might need a 6mm one instead or vice versa. Give it a go, surely it can't get any worse

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hows the new car going mate?
It is absolutely awesome When i compare it to where i came from (TM G4's) it is sooo much better in every department. It makes me wonder why i didn't change earlier. I've finally finished break in with the new RB and it screams, i'm very, very happy with it all.

How is your going mate, been racing much lately?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

When I used the Red Dot, I drilled out the screw holes in the crank case like .2mm's bigger and it solved my problem. I believe there is a slight issue with how fat the crankcase is around the engine mount area, and where the screw holes are. Doing this allowed for better adjustability of gear mesh and may have freed up a stress area...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Guys, thanks for all of the input. I tried changing the collet on the motor to the pico 6mm collet and so far I have not stripped a gear, I ran 2 qualifiers and a main yesterday with no problems, I evan ran a 53/58 spur combo and the 53 survived, before i was running 55/60 and kept stripping out the 55. Hopefully the motor collet was the problem. Anyway so far so good.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

good to hear that the problem is solved(hopefully)
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thinking of picking one of these cars up to go along with my XB808 buggy. You guys running .12 engines or .15.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by t4mania
Thinking of picking one of these cars up to go along with my XB808 buggy. You guys running .12 engines or .15.
We run .12 size motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.