Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

BTW, use sensor safe silicone... Permatex is easily available at most local automotive shops like napa, checker, shucks, kragen, etc... I also use it for sealing engines.. shhhh.. ppl wonder why I rarely have inconsistent tuning... lol.. its all in the prep ladies.. its all in the prep
Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Well I solved that before I ever had a problem. I use black RTV coating the sealing surfices of the diff... they dont leak a drop that way...
how you putting the rtv coating on, in other words you do still use the o-ring and than apply rtv and than close the case or just rtv on the inside or you putting a bead around where the two sides of the case meet
Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Put on the oring dry around the diff case position it where i want it.. and use a dab of rtv at a time to keep it on.. then apply a thin layer of rtv around the whole case where the two parts meet keeping in mind you need to build up enough sealant to fill the gaps.. Works great.. I built my first diff the xray way once.. and Then I went back to how I built my serpent diffs.. no more 100k/ 60k oil flung on the inside of my bodies lol
Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Put on the oring dry around the diff case position it where i want it.. and use a dab of rtv at a time to keep it on.. then apply a thin layer of rtv around the whole case where the two parts meet keeping in mind you need to build up enough sealant to fill the gaps.. Works great.. I built my first diff the xray way once.. and Then I went back to how I built my serpent diffs.. no more 100k/ 60k oil flung on the inside of my bodies lol
just want to make sure just apply a little say with a q-tip on the inside of the diff case just to hold the o-ring in position and than when i put the two case together i should run a bead around that little crack
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by meronr
just want to make sure just apply a little say with a q-tip on the inside of the diff case just to hold the o-ring in position and than when i put the two case together i should run a bead around that little crack
Stop being a wussie, use your finger.. it works better...
Old 01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

ok finger but other than that i have your instructions correct
Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Do you need a picture brother? lmao
Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

ok, on page 4 step 5 of the manual.. you have the picture of the diff housing.. where you put the gears and cross shaft.. put the oring on the outside where the lil step is.. .. put silicone on top of that.. to keep it there.. and to seal it all up.. not a lotta need to put it in the other side.. just make sure you have enough on the diff housing..
Old 01-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

got it now just want to make sure no q-tip use finger right (just kidding)
Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

got it now just want to make sure no q-tip use finger right (just kidding)
Thats it, the next time I work on your car I am going to remove the c clip from the two speed shaft on the right side...and not tell you
Old 01-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thats it, the next time I work on your car I am going to remove the c clip from the two speed shaft on the right side...and not tell you
you mean i just cant put some black rtv to hold the pulleys on too. lol
Old 01-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

well if you clean it first. you just might be able to .. but the bearings wouldnt last long with RTV lol
Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any of you guys using the new Xray metal shocks? When I bought my NT1 I got a pair of Serpent RCC shocks with it for free. I like the bottom load design they have, and I was thinking of ordering two more so I could run a matched set of four. Then I ran across the new Xray shocks and they look pretty good too. Any input?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

I have a question about the hard bumper. I have one of the hard bumpers and realized that it is significantly heavier than the stock bumper, just wondering if anyone who's using this bumper can tell me if this added weight in front of the car has affected the way the car handles in regards to steering or anything else i should consider
Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by royfan33
Any of you guys using the new Xray metal shocks? When I bought my NT1 I got a pair of Serpent RCC shocks with it for free. I like the bottom load design they have, and I was thinking of ordering two more so I could run a matched set of four. Then I ran across the new Xray shocks and they look pretty good too. Any input?
Personally, I don't care for the work required of the RCC shocks.. snap ring pliers on rc shocks? I have rrc shocks, I have mugen shocks, tamiya shocks, and xray shocks.. stick with the ray man.. the tamiya shocks are smoother.. but the double seals on the new socks are better than the RRC shocks..

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.