Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Mark how good are the ones from Serpent compared to kfactory?
I haven't tried the serpent one yet but it looks to be made the same way. Serpent also offers a ceramic thrust that is supposed to last longer even than their steel one that I plan on going with.

The safe bet is the K-factory one, I know they'll hold up a full season or more.

Mark
Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
You can also use a serpent centax 2 or 3 thrust bearing.

Mark
Thanks !!!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Short Vid of NT1 @Uk National on Rubber Tires

Just posted 5 minute section of a video of the 30 minute A-Main at last weekends UK Scale Rubber National at Mendip. It's fairly obvious which is my sons car (the orange one). Sorry for picture quality but the High Def version is to big for Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-sNtrCzMY
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonrg
Just posted 5 minute section of a video of the 30 minute A-Main at last weekends UK Scale Rubber National at Mendip. It's fairly obvious which is my sons car (the orange one). Sorry for picture quality but the High Def version is to big for Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-sNtrCzMY
Upload it to veoh.com instead!! The streamed version is pretty good and if you download it, we'll get the same high def version that you have on your computer.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtveten
The k-factory 5x10mm thrust (G4S part) p/n is 150510T. They sell for about $10 @ racedayhobbies.com hold up extremely well.

Mark
I suppose the mugen bearing will fit as well...it is showing to be 5x10x4.

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
he took the grooved thrust bearing plates and reversed the and put a third thrust plate between them . basically three thrust bearing plates greased them up and it worked awesome .
i dont think that set up will ever fail as there is no bearing.
We used to have some guys over here running bronze thrust bushings (purchased from ebay, I think). I guess that works under the same principle, except I can imagine the softer bronze is a more ideal material.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

rmd, thanks for the tip. Have uploaded it again to veoh and using their viewer it looks a lot better. Sadly my broadband connect ain't that hot so putting up a really good quality copy would put years on me.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonrg
rmd, thanks for the tip. Have uploaded it again to veoh and using their viewer it looks a lot better. Sadly my broadband connect ain't that hot so putting up a really good quality copy would put years on me.
Actually, the downloaded veoh version looks really good.

What type of setup are you running?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

i am really loosing my peace with xray , i ordered a set of front cvd's well xray calls it a set in their marketing but you really only get a single cvd in a set , now wtf am i supposed to do with a single cvd and the supplier i got it from now is out of stock . this is lame

32.95 for 1 cvd when it clearly states it is sold as a set , i dont know wtf a set means in slovakia but everywhere else in the world a set mean a set
Old 06-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

here is xray's marketing text for part number 33 5205 cvd driver shaft front set

This super-efficient and performance-enhancing front CVD (constant velocity drives) set for the NT1 replaces the standard front drive shaft and drive axle. Rebuildable with separately-available spare parts. Used for FRONT only.

When used with the world's lightest and most exclusive 1/10 nitro touring drivetrain on the NT1, this front CVD set guarantees ultra-low rotating weight, super-smooth operation, and increased performance. All major CVD components are strategically lightened without compromising strength, and are manufactured from world-renowned HUDY Spring Steel™ to handle the drivetrain stresses and dramatically reduce wear.

Power delivery to the wheels is improved since the drive shafts are permanently attached to the wheel axles, and lost drive shafts (after collisions) are a thing of the past.

• Front CVD drive shaft set
• CNC-machined components
• World-renowned HUDY Spring Steel™
• Efficient & smooth
• Performance enhancing
• Long life, super tough
• No more lost drive shafts

i cannot not for the life of me see anywhere in their text that this means a single cvd , set means set not 1 mr hudy
Old 06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

For our country, they are selling 1 CVD in 1 packing.

I think is the same you experience there.

Xray don't sell them in the pair of "SET" but in a packing of 1..
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

So whats the official verdict on the car?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

32.95 for 1 cvd when it clearly states it is sold as a set , i don't know wtf a set means in slovakia but everywhere else in the world a set mean a set
I wonder if their pants come with one leg per pair?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

thier marketing is misleading plain and simple , now if it stated that you get 1 cvd in a set it would save a lot of frustration . im sure im not the only person that bought a set of cvd's thinking they are getting a set or pair only to find a single cvd .

masterofpuppets the car runs very good but i dont think it is hands down any better than a well set up serpent or mugen and for the money the serpent is my pick as the best deal right now , by the time i upgrade the nt1 with the factory option parts that come standard in the serpent and mugen i will have spent aprox 300 dollars more than the person buying the serpent 720 07 or mugen mtx4r.

32.95 x 2 = 65.90 + shipping + tax = 80 bucks for cvd's = bend over
Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

thier marketing is misleading plain and simple , now if it stated that you get 1 cvd in a set it would save a lot of frustration . im sure im not the only person that bought a set of cvd's thinking they are getting a set or pair only to find a single cvd .

masterofpuppets the car runs very good but i dont think it is hands down any better than a well set up serpent or mugen and for the money the serpent is my pick as the best deal right now , by the time i upgrade the nt1 with the factory option parts that come standard in the serpent and mugen i will have spent aprox 300 dollars more than the person buying the serpent 720 07 or mugen mtx4r.

32.95 x 2 = 65.90 + shipping + tax = 80 bucks for cvd's = bend over
true.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

I feel for you man, $80 would not make my day.

I'm not defending them or anything, but if you look at the Hudy parts sheet, you'll noticed that all items with a quantity of of two or more have a parenthesis around the quantiy. It appears that all other items without a quantity in parenthesis are assumed to be one in quantity. I would not have interpreted it that way, had it not been for your post.

I can only assume that by "Set", they mean it comes with the shaft and the outdrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.