Originally Posted by GK
Try here or here
Thanks. I wasn't looking in the right place
Old 06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Rmd's hint is right, IMHO, the NT1 definitely handles better and accelerates better, stock-for stock, when compared to my G4S.

Aftermarket is a business model they all HAVE to do because otherwise its tough to make money. I think the issue with most people is that they don't like to be given the wrong info or the wrong impression up front.

Slow.....lets have it REAL candid from you....

720 vs NT1?...........
Old 06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtveten
The spurs and pinions shown as new option parts are just tuning parts not special hop-ups. Where I think X-ray screwed up with the kit release is in their omition of the front CVD's and the required yellow clutch shoe. The plastic hexs although cheap looking fit snug and don't come off in the wheel. I think they would have been better off bumping the kit price 30 or so and included all the required parts.

Mark
What clutch gap are you running with the yellow clutch shoe?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
What clutch gap are you running with the yellow clutch shoe?

0.6mm sometimes 0.5 just to make the car easy..
Old 06-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Yeah, but you're just running it stock out-of-the-box, right? You need to run it with all of Gansei's mods . G4+ out of the box looks promising.
Correct stock-for-stock. The problem with the ho-ups for the G4S is that they're sets of a number of items. High-quality items mind you but they are expensive hop-ups. When you build the car, you certainly get the impression that you will never need hop-ups while the NT1 just tells you that there's more money needing to be spent on hop-ups.

The G4+ is definitely all souped up but wait till it hit the market and then I'd like to hear what people think of the price versus what you get in the kit.

Let's not kid ourselves. Team XRAY is out to make money, just like everybody else. They are at the other end of the spectrum when it comes to marketing, when compared to a company like Mugen Seiki - which says close to nothing about anything.

Let Team Xray have their fun. Only thing that matters is how it does out on the track - fancy parts or not. Hype (if that's what it is) only lasts for so long.
Agreed, they need to make money and to be honest I don't any of them to fail or go broke or stop making 200mm nitro cars either. Competition is a great thing and its good for all of us. For our part, we should be allowed and we should anyway, give feedback whether they like what they're hearing or not. Customer is king is he not?

Oh, one other thing, to repeat a business quote: When two men in business always agree ... you don't need one of them!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

The spurs and pinions shown as new option parts are just tuning parts not special hop-ups. Where I think X-ray screwed up with the kit release is in their omition of the front CVD's and the required yellow clutch shoe. The plastic hexs although cheap looking fit snug and don't come off in the wheel. I think they would have been better off bumping the kit price 30 or so and included all the required parts.
Completely agree ... then the marketing blitz come closer to matching the delivery. They got so close to a perfect score, 5-star rating in my opinion. It was just these few bits.

Comparing to the G4S I can say with certainty that my X-ray is cheaper, easier to work on and handles far better in low grip.
Absolutely, I really liked the performance. In fact I'm itching to go to the track today and play with it to improve that out-of-corner steering issue I had. Hell, I might even race it tomorrow at the club race, only problem is I don't have any spares and I'm the only one at the club that has this car!

Although the TM car comes with lots of bling and beffy parts out of the box you still have to replace the rear side, front side, brake pulley and pinions to gear it for anything smaller than a full scale car track. Upgraded shock bladders, clutch shoes, fly weights, clutch spring, brake disk & modified rear & front arms are also a must. In race ready trim after buying the required tuning parts for both cars my Magic was about about $100 more than my NT1.
Ah, this is true too ...
Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
Slow.....lets have it REAL candid from you....

720 vs NT1?...........
I'll be candid in that I'm already biased. This is because I own 2 720s and enough spares to build a 3rd.

I really like the NT1 as well but felt that I've been a little "mistreated" by XRay ... well, maybe the moderator at the XRay Forum. I do not have to reminded that free registration on their Forum is a privilege and not a right - BUT this is the stupidest thing I've seen because I have a flyer in my NT1 kit box INVITING and ENCOURAGING me to join their forum. If the moderator felt compelled to hint to me that he is about to boot off my registration on their forum then clearly they do not value me as their customer.

Although stock-for-stock, I think the NT1 handles a little bit better than the 720 out of the box, I've raced the 720 more (in 2 continents, 3 different countries, and more than a dozen different track layouts, in the rain, in the damp, in the dry, from low to very high traction) and know that it is versatile enough to perform better than my driving skills. Last but not least, I've never felt left out in the cold with a Serpent car, everyone at the factory is friendly, approachable and helpful. Do you know how I first met Salven? I was racing in the 2005 European Championships and I was doing one of the heats when my engine cut out a couple of times. Salven told my mechanic to bring my car to him after the heat. He took a look at the car, then took the engine apart, rebuilt it and asked nothing in return. He was racing at this event and didn't need to do that. He had a bit of time and went all over up and down the pits helping others out. I can tell you similar stories for Rene, Julius, Richard, Mark etc.

So, as I said Harry, you'll get a candid answer, I am biased ... not out of choice but by events and responses from both companies. 720 it is.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I'll be candid in that I'm already biased. This is because I own 2 720s and enough spares to build a 3rd.

I really like the NT1 as well but felt that I've been a little "mistreated" by XRay ... well, maybe the moderator at the XRay Forum. I do not have to reminded that free registration on their Forum is a privilege and not a right - BUT this is the stupidest thing I've seen because I have a flyer in my NT1 kit box INVITING and ENCOURAGING me to join their forum. If the moderator felt compelled to hint to me that he is about to boot off my registration on their forum then clearly they do not value me as their customer.
Even i was amazed that the snake-word (hehe) was moderated... I can understand that you don't want to much talk about the other brands on the forum but this is going a little bit to far IMHO...
Old 06-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Even i was amazed that the snake-word (hehe) was moderated... I can understand that you don't want to much talk about the other brands on the forum but this is going a little bit to far IMHO...
Yeah Cyclops, I thought it was going too far and if they're not interested I'm fine. We have great people and racers here on RCTech.et and 3hobby.net.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For those of you just now building your car I would suggest yo add the stk thrust bearing to the Junk pile, its only good for about 1 gallon when regressed every hour. The good news is the k-factory thrust bearing is a drop in replacement and should last a full season or more even if neglected.

For those counting the required upgrades now include the yellow show, front CVDs, after market thrust bearing, and possibly the multidiff.

Mark
Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boy2rc
Since XRay original hop up not available yet, I use some existing stuff do something......Kawahara rear roll bar (mounting for MTX3, blade for RRR), Kawahara roll over bar/handle (base for MTX4, wire for RRR), 720 damper body+Kyosho Spring, APP brake pad, 720 ali center body pole, receiver box with see thru window monitoring Li-po regulator circuit...

Good job man

So itchy to build one
Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boy2rc
Since XRay original hop up not available yet, I use some existing stuff do something......Kawahara rear roll bar (mounting for MTX3, blade for RRR), Kawahara roll over bar/handle (base for MTX4, wire for RRR), 720 damper body+Kyosho Spring, APP brake pad, 720 ali center body pole, receiver box with see thru window monitoring Li-po regulator circuit...
Did the RCC shocks fit like normal? Are it the shocks of the 720?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Good job man

So itchy to build one
Hey Chris, are you saying that you feel like me which makes you want to build one?
Don't be putting the blame on me for that!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

For those of you just now building your car I would suggest yo add the stk thrust bearing to the Junk pile, its only good for about 1 gallon when regressed every hour. The good news is the k-factory thrust bearing is a drop in replacement and should last a full season or more even if neglected.

For those counting the required upgrades now include the yellow show, front CVDs, after market thrust bearing, and possibly the multidiff.

Mark
Thanks Mark. You know I'm always counting.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Mark
Mark can you share the part number for the Kfactory trust bearing ?? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.