Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Clutch spring

Has any one used the new conical clutch spring shims from xray? Is it worth the chance.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvcat1
Has any one used the new conical clutch spring shims from xray? Is it worth the chance.
Try posting on the xray/ rcamerica thread. The only people I could think of would be drew, ralph, and paul.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

Does anyone here have a setup template for very low traction track? Our new track is on the roof top of the shopping mall. Very smooth surface but no grip at all even i'm using shore 32 for all tyre. My plan is to reduce the front diff oil from 80k to 60k and 40k for the back. Hope someone can share their experience if any.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

I think that your plan is to make the car as smoothest as you can,
I aggre with diff oils, and soft tyres, but you have also to make your centax softer-smoother, with softer spring, maybe white shoe, and try out more combinations!
Start with that, and we'll see!!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
I do not know what to say...servos are new just like the car..someone told me that I must change the receiver...also new
I had the same problem, out of the blue after running the car for quite a few race meetings, would just go into fail safe at random times.

Did some research and read a bit about thermal problems with the Futaba receivers.

Went through the whole process of elimination, servos, different reciever (twice), different battery pack, different lipo reg.... Also took the reciever out of the box as someone has also suggested.

Problem still stayed, went to the track for the next race meeting and then it did it 2 laps into open practice.... From that I concluded it was not a thermal issue from what I could see.

I eventually purchased a new 4PKS radio after a frustrating time and the problem has gone away.

Bit strange but it is what it is.....
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
piper48

Default radio interference

I'll just share what I encountered. I run the 4PKS with the 603FS RX and Savox servos, had some glitching issues too. The Savox servo wires are really long so I stuffed them along with the power wire running from RX pack, into the RX box. With all those wires sitting on top of RX caused some interference. I shortened all the wires running into RX box and problem went away. Also check to see if your RX pack has plenty of juice. Low voltage on the pack can also seem like your systems glitching. This is just my experience and hope it helps any.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Savox Servos

Hello,

I see in this forum that some people are using Savox servos. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get them to fit? I'm not using any spacers and I am not using the grommets that come with the servos, Ive put some KO grommets on the servo, they are a little smaller. I can get the servo arm to miss the front layshaft, but I cannot get the servo arm to clear the radio tray. I've tried the Hudy servo arm and the arm clears the tray, but the link does not.

Has anyone else had issues with installing the Savox servos? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys for all the information...I am thinking first of all to purchase a life battery to eliminate the low voltage thought(I am running Nimh) and my servos are the rsx series as I mentioned...
I am also planning to change the sevros mode to normal from BLS digital through my 4pks menu.I read on 4pks manual that the BLS mode is only reccomended when using BLS futaba sevros..
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by StewartFan20
Hello,

I see in this forum that some people are using Savox servos. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get them to fit? I'm not using any spacers and I am not using the grommets that come with the servos, Ive put some KO grommets on the servo, they are a little smaller. I can get the servo arm to miss the front layshaft, but I cannot get the servo arm to clear the radio tray. I've tried the Hudy servo arm and the arm clears the tray, but the link does not.

Has anyone else had issues with installing the Savox servos? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.
i`ve bent the xray arm a little, used a heat gun.
hope this helps you.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by StewartFan20
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
I wish I could tell you why my Savox SC-1258 fits. I've got an older NT1 which I believe is the first production model. I bought it used and the previous owner ran a Futaba BLS series servo so the car came with 25t Futaba servo arm but I'm not sure if it's an XRAY brand.
I rebuilt the car per manual using spacers for a Futaba servo and used the Savox metal grommets, cap screw, and held it together with HPI 3mm lock nuts. As for the servo arm, you could try an Associated arm to see if it works. Hope that helps.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
i`ve bent the xray arm a little, used a heat gun.
hope this helps you.
Originally Posted by piper48
I wish I could tell you why my Savox SC-1258 fits. I've got an older NT1 which I believe is the first production model. I bought it used and the previous owner ran a Futaba BLS series servo so the car came with 25t Futaba servo arm but I'm not sure if it's an XRAY brand.
I rebuilt the car per manual using spacers for a Futaba servo and used the Savox metal grommets, cap screw, and held it together with HPI 3mm lock nuts. As for the servo arm, you could try an Associated arm to see if it works. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the ideas.

I did notice something, the car I got is the 2010 WC edition and a friend of mine has an earlier version, maybe the first or second year they were out. The radio tray on the WC edition is narrower and the steering servo is closer to the center, which would explain why I don't have any shims and don't have much clearance.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know when xray is going to come out with a new sedan?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brettoakland
I would venture to guess that XRAY will release a new nitro sedan right before or right after the 2012 200mm Worlds later this year.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brettoakland
The toyfair in Nurnberg is yet to come (first week of february)..and Hudy should coming out with a NT2 or a 2012 specs version....but no more is known ....
Old 01-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Clutch Bell

Hello, I ran my Nt1 all season last year with the high dynamic clutch,,,The clutch still works very good but when do you know if the the clutch bell needs to be replace??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.