Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66
MugenSeiki mtx 5 works....
I made the mugen cvds work, but had to do some major shimming! I wouldn't recommend them. But thanks anyways!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New 2103 owner

I am in love with this car, have always been a big fan of nt1 even though i dont have a nitro circuit to use it on i just have to have one (i race offroad and carpet touring). I traded in my gorgeous nt1 wce for a 2013 and i love it so far, have not driven it yet. i am using savox sc1251-mg low profile servos which match the orange perfectly and look factory made for this car. I am also using a 6.6v li-fe battery pack from vapextech here in the uk, just had to dremmel the curves off on the composite tray. Just need an engine now. I sold my blue top novarossi 353 2008 with the wce with the idea of getting an orange top engine for my new "shelf queen" but actually stumping up the cash for a mega / max engine is frigtening! May have to "make do" with a black top shepis model sirio evo 4 box set. About the only set i can find for less than a couple of hundred pounds. That or the axe rossi cobra, If i had access to the tracks you guys have in the usa/ europe i would put a keep on or max wc edition on the credit card but cannot justify it on a shelf queen.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-image.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xraymark
I am in love with this car, have always been a big fan of nt1 even though i dont have a nitro circuit to use it on i just have to have one (i race offroad and carpet touring). I traded in my gorgeous nt1 wce for a 2013 and i love it so far, have not driven it yet. i am using savox sc1251-mg low profile servos which match the orange perfectly and look factory made for this car. I am also using a 6.6v li-fe battery pack from vapextech here in the uk, just had to dremmel the curves off on the composite tray. Just need an engine now. I sold my blue top novarossi 353 2008 with the wce with the idea of getting an orange top engine for my new "shelf queen" but actually stumping up the cash for a mega / max engine is frigtening! May have to "make do" with a black top shepis model sirio evo 4 box set. About the only set i can find for less than a couple of hundred pounds. That or the axe rossi cobra, If i had access to the tracks you guys have in the usa/ europe i would put a keep on or max wc edition on the credit card but cannot justify it on a shelf queen.
Nice! What body is that?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

It is the team titan blitz isf 2.1. I used to use protoform shells but have found team titan to be tougher and have the adjustable wing with oversized hardware, you can use a penny or something to loosen the screw and slide the wing forward or back
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I finally finished the new car. Only took two months Drop in the engine and put on some tires. Look out GLC!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

noice
Old 08-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2013 NT1 Test and Tune

Looking for some more feedback from people who have ran the new chassis. I tested it out this weekend and it seemed ok, but not quite where it needs to be. I was lacking on-power steering. I would see it off the back straight and in the infield with rotation through sweepers. The car had good off power rotation through hairpins/180s but sweeping, constant speed corners it was lacking. Also, there was a slight stability issue with on-power corner exit, i had to tend to baby it coming out of the corners.

Here is my setup sheet

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=nt1_2011

EDIT: After talking to a few friends/team drivers, the front roll centers need to go to the top like the old car. Also, going to experiment with a higher cst shock oil in the front and the 4.5s spring up front

Last edited by esckalayd; 08-18-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
Looking for some more feedback from people who have ran the new chassis. I tested it out this weekend and it seemed ok, but not quite where it needs to be. I was lacking on-power steering. I would see it off the back straight and in the infield with rotation through sweepers. The car had good off power rotation through hairpins/180s but sweeping, constant speed corners it was lacking. Also, there was a slight stability issue with on-power corner exit, i had to tend to baby it coming out of the corners.

Here is my setup sheet

EDIT: After talking to a few friends/team drivers, the front roll centers need to go to the top like the old car. Also, going to experiment with a higher cst shock oil in the front and the 4.5s spring up front
Everything you say here is exactly what my friend said to me after his first time running it at the ny state championships. I know he was out testing for the GLC this past Saturday, ill tell him to post his setup or post what his experience was this weekend.
His first words when I asked him how did he like the new car was, "I had to baby it". Lol NT2 coming soon IMO, they're just working out the kinks with this one
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd

Here is my setup sheet

I run a setup that's close to yours but with a few changes. I use the 2.2 bar upfront instead of the 2.8; 800 cst up front with stock springs all around, front RC all the way up, less rear toe, softer tires, and the stock motor mounts. I haven't babied my car in a while, I actually feel bad for it considering how hard I've driven this car compared to my NT1 WE but it seems to go faster the harder I drive it.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default '13 Kit

Anyone need a '13 NT1 kit new in the box with a extra spool. Pm if interested
Old 08-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Get a hold of david larry, he was looking for one for Jim Sowa
Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
i would be.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Real quick, I know ppl cut the rear arms to change wheelbase. Where do I cut/trim? In the back of the back arm or front of the back arm?
Correct me if I'm wrong, trimming the back of the rear arm I would add shims to the front of the rear arm to lengthen the wheelbase, and trimming the front if the rear arm I'd add shims to the rear to shorten.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

looks like the NT1 2013 run out of stock everywhere. Im looking for 1 - 2 Kits, pls contact me if you got some spare boxes
Old 08-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sintronix
looks like the NT1 2013 run out of stock everywhere. Im looking for 1 - 2 Kits, pls contact me if you got some spare boxes
Brooklyn hobbies has 2 that I know of on the shelves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.