Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 07-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hay guys on sunday at racing I went through 4 2nd speed gears and can not find what is happening tried heaps of different things like changing to another oneway bearing and 2 speed shaft oiling and cleaning the one way but the gear still tripped. I was told by a fellow racer that the one way my be biting when engaging 2nd gear and smashing the teeth about
any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmad2700
hay guys on sunday at racing I went through 4 2nd speed gears and can not find what is happening tried heaps of different things like changing to another oneway bearing and 2 speed shaft oiling and cleaning the one way but the gear still tripped. I was told by a fellow racer that the one way my be biting when engaging 2nd gear and smashing the teeth about

Have you checked the shaft that it all sits on as it might be bent, I have seen it before
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

I have had this problem. What worked for me was changing to a new Composite 2-Speed Gear Box Shoe Set part #335540. This 2 speed parts seems to get worn down enough that it does not function properly regardless of how you adjust the set screws.

Also, check the bearings in the two speed housing and in the bulkhead on the shaft.

Sam
Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Been there and lost 8 spurs before i found it.

The lightweight tranny shaft is bending to much, so replace it with the solid one,
The bearing brackets gets soft with time so replace it with new one`s
The chassis gets thin in the rear with repeatly contact with the tarmac and will start to flex too much causing the spurs to misalign, so replace the chassis.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What motor are you running? What gearing? And what motor mount? I have seen the stock motor mounts shift slightly with high torque motors (i.e. Picco) even with loctite and precision meshing between gears. I had the same issue until i bought a solid motor mount. Also, if your split is to far for gearing when 2nd engages it might just be ripping it off.

Did you change the 2nd gear housing as well? Maybe that bearing is starting to go bad. To be honest, i have never seen the layshafts warp, only snap (lightweights)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anyone tried progressive springs? Ordered them for a 2012, like them a lot on my T4
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys iam runny a picco tourqe 2013 neva had a prob till this weekend. iam using a light weight shaft and try 2 different gearboxes over the day so iam thinking its the shaft or the bearings that the shaft runs on
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi everyone! I just purchased a new nt1 raycer edition and ran into a problem in the very first section, assembling the front spool! I got everything together but the 2mm screws that mount the front pulley to the diff housing is not biting into the housing I can actually push the screws all the way into the housing with my fingers! This is very frustrating and I'm not very motivated to take the next 20 or so steps to complete this build! I have built a good amounts of kits and hearing that the fit and finish on xrays are supposed to be superb, Im very dissappointed! FYI, I put a caliper to the screws and they actually came out to be 1.92mm! Has anyone else run into this problem?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys iam runny a picco tourqe 2013 neva had a prob till this weekend. iam using a light weight shaft and try 2 different gearboxes over the day so iam thinking its the shaft or the bearings that the shaft runs on
I would check those bearings 1st but i am telling you, as a team picco driver, the stock motor mounts do shift under high torque causing 2nd to strip and 1st to see some wear. If you don't have a solid motor mount, invest in one. Whether its the flex mount, solid aluminum or the brass motor mount
Old 07-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Hi everyone! I just purchased a new nt1 raycer edition and ran into a problem in the very first section, assembling the front spool! I got everything together but the 2mm screws that mount the front pulley to the diff housing is not biting into the housing I can actually push the screws all the way into the housing with my fingers! This is very frustrating and I'm not very motivated to take the next 20 or so steps to complete this build! I have built a good amounts of kits and hearing that the fit and finish on xrays are supposed to be superb, Im very dissappointed! FYI, I put a caliper to the screws and they actually came out to be 1.92mm! Has anyone else run into this problem?
I have never seen this issue. Are you assembling a front diff or are you putting the plastic piece to make it a spool? Also, with the caliper, i am assuming the 1.92 is on the outer thread and not the inside. If there is an issue with the kit. XRAY customer service is SUPERB. Most of the kits now-a-days have someones name you packed each bag within the kit. Get a hold of them and they will work it out with you
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Don't be disappointed Jerry... first we are using front diff not the spool second i have complete set of front spool and front diff ready for you which ever you like to use, third continue building the kit and enjoy

Thats Xray support in SoCal....see you at the race this weekend...
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

there are 2 different kind of screws, 1. that hold the diff cups together 2. the screws that hold the pulley. could it be you missed that?

greetings
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
Don't be disappointed Jerry... first we are using front diff not the spool second i have complete set of front spool and front diff ready for you which ever you like to use, third continue building the kit and enjoy

Thats Xray support in SoCal....see you at the race this weekend...
Thanks! You're a cool for doing this! I will continue building and hopefully all else goes well.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
there are 2 different kind of screws, 1. that hold the diff cups together 2. the screws that hold the pulley. could it be you missed that?

greetings
Greetings from sunny San Diego,Ca!
#2. The screws that hold the pulley (2mm) is the ones I'm having issues with, the bigger 2.5mm screws that hold the diff cups together are fine!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, I figured it out! I had to rotate the pulley a bit mount it properly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.