I race under EFRA so the car needs to be 1700 grams.
First of all what I did to the car to get it this light:
- Two Low profile servos
- Small lipo battery (only 43 grams)
- Lightweight regulator by Xceed
- All Ti, Magnesium and aluminium screws, except the bottom one's.
- Hollow mid- and 2-speed axles
- Aluminium Pivot balls + Delrin nuts
- Titanium turnbuckles
- Lightweight clutchbell and flywheel
- Shorted wiring
- Carbon Brakepads + Lightweight brakedisk
That is pretty much it. Here are some pictures of the car as it looks now. Still have to do the wiring. Note the 4 mm lowered tank and 5 mm lowered throttle servo.
The electronics which still need to go into the car, Receiver with the regulator taped to it, New AMB transponder and the really small Lipo.
After I found out today how light my car actually is I started on a brass weight which would be heavy enough to get it back up to the legal limit and would give me the lowest and most central CoG. This is what I came up with, it weighs 202.4 grams.
Now I need to find someone to CNC it for me and it doesn't take an arm and a leg.
Thanks, thought the wide plastic bumper without foam would be a lot lighter.