Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
Riketsu did you used the aluminium body shocks or the plastic bodies?

I had a really hard time building the diffs. and once I finished they were leaking. I used gasket sealant from auto parts store hope it will solve the problem, is there any tips on how to bouild the diffs?

Thanks!
Use gasket sealant.
I use Loctite 5926, it's even reusable.
On one of my diff's i applied the sealant in march when i rebuilded the car.
In the meantime i changed the diff oil about 3-5 times and the original sealant is still on the diff and the diff's never leak a single drop.
It also saves you a lot of time compared to the o-ring.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
With all the knowledge they currently posses i think they can make a car which is even better than the NT1, remember it was their first nitro tourer.
I never said they "would not release a new car".

Here's a question to you. Would you modify the cars handleing characteristics all of your drivers have been performing well with, during the winter season, and a few months before the Worlds and expect to win? That's a recipe for failure. If they release a new car, I'm pretty sure the US drivers already have it. I highly doubt they will until after the Worlds. Maybe you'll see an NT1 WC edition with some other parts that are not yet available.

I understand your points, but I think you missed what everyone else was saying.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Hi Guys, I have been fighting with an acceleration issue for a while now can anyone give some assistance. My car is very slugish coming out of turns and at initial start of race.

These are all the things I have tried -

- Rebuilt my Original clutch
- Tried White shoe
- Tried Yellow show
- Bought and built the New High Dynamic
- Changed Fuel tank to V2
- Changed from Maxy Fuel 25% to Byron Gen 2 20%
- Changed from LRP Spec3 to Picco JL3 Engines
- Changed Collets

Each change on different days to ensure accuracy if a solution was found, but all the above attempts failed with the same result slugish out of corners.

Any Ideas ?
You might be overgeared. Try a smaller clutch bell gear. I know someone who was having similar issues, the car was sluggish on the low end, only to realize he put the wrong gear on when he rebuilt the car. Put the right gear on, problem solved. Worth a shot.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

When you are on top you have to work harder to stay on top.
The saying "If it aint broken, dont fix it" doesn't work in motorsport.
You need to keep innovating to keep that top spot.

Some other companies (Serpent, Shepherd) have lately introduced cars which i would describe as 'the new generation tourer'.
Serpent for instance has a new layout for the electronics, wire swaybar in front and aluminum bulkheads. Shepherd has the best braking system.

If Xray wants to stay on top they have to release a car with at least the aluminum bulkheads. There are a lot of extra possibilities when using aluminum instead of plastic. And just take a look at the 733, it looks absolutely stunning!.

With all the knowledge they currently posses i think they can make a car which is even better than the NT1, remember it was their first nitro tourer.
Off course i don't think it will be completely different to the NT1.
They can keep the entire drivetrain and clutch-gearbox, because that's perfect.
But i would like to see aluminum bulkheads with a wire type swaybar in the front.
Wheelbase adjustment in the front and rear
More focus on centering of mass and low CG, this will do a lot to a car as i noticed with my own heavily modified NT1.
Less flex in suspension parts and bulkheads, flex adjustment in chassis through different inserts.

But if Xray doesn't release a NT2, i will have my own version. Hope to post some CAD renders at the end of this week.
Better center of gravity??? My car weighed in at 1635g (60mm tires) ... with standard servos and standard receiver. Low-profile servos and micro receiver wouldve granted me 1600g... thats 125g that I could add with a lipo battery tray, 30g C block plus a few extra grams for balancing the car... All at the lowest point in the car!!

What more could you possibly ask?

An out of date car? Xray brings new parts to the market for the NT1 all the time. Lightweight parts, aluminum parts, weight parts, updated parts... You name it.

Honestly, the NT1 has NOTHING to envy the S-car. You want to know how much a 733 weighed in while I was checking mine? 1900g. There goes your aluminum bulkheads.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I never said they "would not release a new car".

Here's a question to you. Would you modify the cars handleing characteristics all of your drivers have been performing well with, during the winter season, and a few months before the Worlds and expect to win? That's a recipe for failure. If they release a new car, I'm pretty sure the US drivers already have it. I highly doubt they will until after the Worlds. Maybe you'll see an NT1 WC edition with some other parts that are not yet available.

I understand your points, but I think you missed what everyone else was saying.
I understand the points made by you and Riketsu, but i think differently about it.
Xray is capable of introducing a new car which is instantly as fast as the current one or even faster. Just look at the recent introduction of the T3.
A lot of drivers at my home track where instantly faster then they were with their T2 009.
And the world championship is in July, so they still have a lot of time to develop and test. So i don't think it's a recipe for failure, this would only be the case if Xray doesn't know what they are doing.
But i hope they will release a WC version because that would mean they are going to be world champions.

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Better center of gravity??? My car weighed in at 1635g (60mm tires) ... with standard servos and standard receiver. Low-profile servos and micro receiver wouldve granted me 1600g... thats 125g that I could add with a lipo battery tray, 30g C block plus a few extra grams for balancing the car... All at the lowest point in the car!!

What more could you possibly ask?

An out of date car? Xray brings new parts to the market for the NT1 all the time. Lightweight parts, aluminum parts, weight parts, updated parts... You name it.

Honestly, the NT1 has NOTHING to envy the S-car. You want to know how much a 733 weighed in while I was checking mine? 1900g. There goes your aluminum bulkheads.
My current NT1 has everything you mentioned, the low profile servo's, small lipo and a lot of weight saving. And yes all the weight was added in the lowest spot and to balance the car left and right and front and rear. And yes the car is .2 seconds faster then in stock form.

What i want more?.
What i really like is a car which can only take low profile servo's, and a thin lipo. This way you can lower everything, but that will never happen.
Furthermore a build wise like a electro tourer, suspension blocks to mount the wishbones to, which gives a lot more possibilities in terms of geometry.

All the option parts are nice, but i would like to see a new suspension for example, or a new rear end.

And your car and the 733 where both stock?.
The 733 weighs around 1730 with normal electronics and a Ti screw kit. To get a modern car to 1900 you clearly did something wrong, has nothing to do with the car.

Aluminium bulkheads will actually save weight because you need a lot less material to have the same strength. But Xray
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
You might be overgeared. Try a smaller clutch bell gear. I know someone who was having similar issues, the car was sluggish on the low end, only to realize he put the wrong gear on when he rebuilt the car. Put the right gear on, problem solved. Worth a shot.
Geeunit I am currently using stock gearing, I have not seen lower but I may be wrong
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Geeunit I am currently using stock gearing, I have not seen lower but I may be wrong

Is it during a race aswell or is it just at the initial start from when you start from a stand still?

If it's just the start that it's happening in then your tune might be giving you problems. When your starting a race your pit man holds your car off the ground so you can rev it up and clean it out and then when he puts it down it might be fuelling up and causing you to bog down at the start and once you got the revs up and cleaned it out during the race it seems fine.

Or it could be your clutch. What set up are you using white or yellow shoe? What are your tolerances and pre load? And what motor is it?

PS: Sorry after reading your original post again i realised it's happening all race so personally i would go over my clutch again. I run a RB and i find i have to use more pre load on my clutch spring than what the manual says to get the punch i like

Last edited by freestyles; 11-10-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: PS:
Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Use gasket sealant.
In the meantime i changed the diff oil about 3-5 times and the original sealant is still on the diff and the diff's never leak a single drop.
That O ring is a pain in the .... !!!! I'm going to try the loctite for next rebuild
Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

i need your help, i was pretty deep into my job and i forgot to do my shopping for the nats, this weekend and theres no lhs for xray in mexico. i need a yellow shoe for the clutch xca, is there any chance i can use a clutch shoe from another brand?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I understand the points made by you and Riketsu, but i think differently about it.
Xray is capable of introducing a new car which is instantly as fast as the current one or even faster. Just look at the recent introduction of the T3.
A lot of drivers at my home track where instantly faster then they were with their T2 009.
And the world championship is in July, so they still have a lot of time to develop and test. So i don't think it's a recipe for failure, this would only be the case if Xray doesn't know what they are doing.
But i hope they will release a WC version because that would mean they are going to be world champions.

My current NT1 has everything you mentioned, the low profile servo's, small lipo and a lot of weight saving. And yes all the weight was added in the lowest spot and to balance the car left and right and front and rear. And yes the car is .2 seconds faster then in stock form.

What i want more?.
What i really like is a car which can only take low profile servo's, and a thin lipo. This way you can lower everything, but that will never happen.
Furthermore a build wise like a electro tourer, suspension blocks to mount the wishbones to, which gives a lot more possibilities in terms of geometry.

All the option parts are nice, but i would like to see a new suspension for example, or a new rear end.

And your car and the 733 where both stock?.
The 733 weighs around 1730 with normal electronics and a Ti screw kit. To get a modern car to 1900 you clearly did something wrong, has nothing to do with the car.

Aluminium bulkheads will actually save weight because you need a lot less material to have the same strength. But Xray

I'm working on a radioplate with the characteristics you are reaching

...I hope I'll finish my project in the next 2 months

The design of the radioplate is almost finished. Now I'm at a good point in designing the upper front suspension blocks....

.....I will tell and send you some photos whenever I'll have something ready

There's a lot of work to do.....

Bye!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
I'm working on a radioplate with the characteristics you are reaching

...I hope I'll finish my project in the next 2 months

The design of the radioplate is almost finished. Now I'm at a good point in designing the upper front suspension blocks....

.....I will tell and send you some photos whenever I'll have something ready

There's a lot of work to do.....

Bye!
Ok cool, looking forward to see what you came up with.

This is how my car looks now,servo is lowered the maximum amount.
Need to make new throttle and brake linkages and need to find a servo lever which clears the tank.

I currently have almost a complete CAD model of the NT1, only thing which is missing is the rear suspension. Hope to show some images in the near future. Recently switched to a Mac system and Solidworks doesn't run in bootcamp.

If only i had the access to a cnc machine.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Not exactly easy getting your hands on a EC edition. Finally found one in stock. They must be flying off the shelves! RCmarket showed 2 in stock by the time the order cleared they weren't in stock anymore. Got lucky with NEXUS racing.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Use gasket sealant.
What is 5926? Is it RTV silicone? 5926 doesn't come up on the loctite web site.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wizby
What is 5926? Is it RTV silicone? 5926 doesn't come up on the loctite web site.
30 seconds worth of googling.

http://www.akd-tools.gr/xmsAssets/Fi...ctite_5926.PDF

It's a flexibel blue silicon, which can be used for sealing valve covers, waterpumps, differentials.

So perfect for our differentials.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

30 seconds worth of googling.

http://www.akd-tools.gr/xmsAssets/Fi...ctite_5926.PDF

It's a flexibel blue silicon, which can be used for sealing valve covers, waterpumps, differentials.

So perfect for our differentials.
Good !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.