Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default LOL

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
I like the Mugen but I think if I could put servos on a rock I would be having fun. Liking the car is a plus...
Psst, psst, want to buy a cheap rock,just needs motor and servo's:sneaky
Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
what Reciever are you running with the regulator? (trying to figure out if my ko 2.4 is small enough to do that)
I am using the spektrum pro and trying to fit that with the regulator and also the switch on the side will be to tight a fit for me unless I go spektrum micro? it would be great to fit it all in!
cheers
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Permatex Ultra black RTV. its found at just about every auto parts store I have ever walked into.
And now to find the european version of that

Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
The main reason the car would push, is probably due to setup. I know when using the light weight solid spool up front many add one of the Hudy 10g weights into the front bumper to make up for the weight loss in that area. What track do run at... 301?
Any pics on this mod?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gseventeen
Just running the standard spectrum reciever not the mini size you can get these days. I ts a tight fit but it does fit even with a lot of the wires stuffed in there as well,just take your time and try a few diff configeration and you should get it in the end. Certainly better than having it where the guy in the photo has got it,you only have to get some doofus pitting for you that misses the fuel tank more times than he gets it and, FIRE FIRE
The change of it catching fire is very slim, it's actually quite hard to put our fuel on fire out in the open. Another guy at our club has been running the exact same setup for 2 years without a single problem.
And too bad for you that you have someone pitting for you who is a doofus, i don't.
Originally Posted by godzukihop
Any pics on this mod?
It's pretty easy, just cut a bit of foam out at the bottom of the bumper, then you can put the weight between the lower bumper plate and the bumper itself. I run 25 grams of lead in the front.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _cyclops_

Thanks
its oil resistant RTV sealant. you should be able to find it in your parts shops there. find something that they use to seal oil pans. cheers
Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I see the delrin pillow ball nuts and the 2.2gram brake disk. Let me know how that brake disk holds up.....I hadn't gotten one yet.
thanks
By CSO
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=5346
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by _cyclops_

Thanks
Loctite or Teroson brand by Henkel International.

( Btw, I think Permatex brand is still the best for gasket sealant )
Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Measure the thickness of the pins from your flywheel, maybe they are worn out which causes play and so the flyweights will wear out faster.
The flywheel is new (was the shake down of the new nt1 09).

On the NT1 08 I had the same problem, I have tried too cut down the white shoe in pieces with and without holes.
The shoes without holes seems inconsistent.

I like an agressive clutch, does somebody else have any thoughts on this.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

for the people who are saying that you need 20grams of extra weight at the front, just buy the hard foam xray bumper. it is approx 20 grams heavier than the stock one, problem solved, used with the wider plastic bumper you should get the extra weight easy.

regarding the regulators. Novaks regulator is probably the smallest. i have a spectrum micro and the novak and it fits exactly in the footprint of the mugen mtx4 reciever holder. i've modified my NT1 to fit the mugen holder onto the xray CF reciever plate to reduce weight. (you need to drill a hole in the plate, and use a screw to hold the mugen mtx4 cover and the mount).
Old 03-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rico890
The flywheel is new (was the shake down of the new nt1 09).

On the NT1 08 I had the same problem, I have tried too cut down the white shoe in pieces with and without holes.
The shoes without holes seems inconsistent.

I like an agressive clutch, does somebody else have any thoughts on this.

Thanks.
If you run too much end play in with the clutch, the weights seem to wear/crack on the inside. Try running the clutch bell .2mm off the shoe and .2 for the end play. This seems to have solved the issue I was having and have been running the clutch now for over 2 gallons. If you are using the aluminum clutch bell, after each run, recheck the amount of gap the bell is off the shoe, as the aluminum will wear down.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
for the people who are saying that you need 20grams of extra weight at the front, just buy the hard foam xray bumper. it is approx 20 grams heavier than the stock one, problem solved, used with the wider plastic bumper you should get the extra weight easy.

regarding the regulators. Novaks regulator is probably the smallest. i have a spectrum micro and the novak and it fits exactly in the footprint of the mugen mtx4 reciever holder. i've modified my NT1 to fit the mugen holder onto the xray CF reciever plate to reduce weight. (you need to drill a hole in the plate, and use a screw to hold the mugen mtx4 cover and the mount).

TomB is the only driver i know that puts parts from all sorts of cars to the brand lol
Old 03-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
TomB is the only driver i know that puts parts from all sorts of cars to the brand lol
remember when you tryed to run a JLred dot
Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Here are the pictures of how i mounted it.
Don't mind all the lead, i've got the car down to 1598 grams and the 4mm chassis plate and brass tray weren't delivered on time so i had to put 105 grams of lead somewhere on the car.

Have you run the car with the weights in it yet? I also used weights attached with servo tape, and the weights got chucked all over the track. Combine that with a little spilled fuel which dissolves the glue on the servo tape, and you have a mess on your hands.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Have you run the car with the weights in it yet? I also used weights attached with servo tape, and the weights got chucked all over the track. Combine that with a little spilled fuel which dissolves the glue on the servo tape, and you have a mess on your hands.
yep I can definately see that happening best thing maybe is to drill a small hole into the weights and try and put a screw in there are some holes for the xray weights try and use them.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.