Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

So If I take the NT1 and change 5 parts with my own made parts, then I could sell it under my brandname and use the "secret prototype" strategy right?

Funny thing is everyone says "thats what works so everyone copies it". Well with this mentality in 50 years from now we will be driving a slight improved version of what we have today. I can understand the companies doesnt want to experiment with any major changes afraid of the risk of flopping... but still we need evolution not stagnation.

just my 2cts
Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
it
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by deceiver
So If I take the NT1 and change 5 parts with my own made parts, then I could sell it under my brandname and use the "secret prototype" strategy right?

Funny thing is everyone says "thats what works so everyone copies it". Well with this mentality in 50 years from now we will be driving a slight improved version of what we have today. I can understand the companies doesnt want to experiment with any major changes afraid of the risk of flopping... but still we need evolution not stagnation.

just my 2cts

Either support the car or don't. If you don't, just use what best for you and move on on our racing lives.

X-Ray was not asking you to buy their NT1. It was giving us specs and what is the advantages of the car. Nt1 might be a great car or not, but it does not matter. What matter is who will win in the end of the race. That is the definition of "Winning the RACE." The great things about having all manufacturers make a newer car is to find out on what is the best kit for you to drive. Also, availability of parts and lower cost of parts. Let the manufacturers make more cars to suit what consumers needs this will give us more advantages as a consumer.

Hopefully, this make sense to you....
Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceiver

just my 2cts
Good Point! No offense to Xray guys but i was really something expecting something interesting in this car. Something that will really make it stand out. and so far. nothing interesting. looking at the design, who could say that the car wont perform. it will surely perform mainly because it was copied.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Of course not..the race will not make or break the car...What I was trying to point out was that Design Theory in general has hit a sticking point. This is the reason for so many similar designs. We do indeed have a good team...but Mugen and Serpent aren't in too bad a shape!
Most definite I have to agree & next ? when are you going to be running one
Old 02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

i am surprised at 1 thing when the 720 came out everyone jumped on it they didnt bash it what is the difference in this car why all the grief just curious
Old 02-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
i am surprised at 1 thing when the 720 came out everyone jumped on it they didnt bash it what is the difference in this car why all the grief just curious
Great point now we need to start another thread why do we bash it,smash it,crash it
Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Great point now we need to start another thread why do we bash it,smash it,crash it
yeah but i didnt want to go there ive seen and heard stories im not good enough to own that car
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

i guess its we fear what we dont under stand
Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by captian
i guess its we fear what we dont under stand
thats me in a nut shell being here in vegas id be stuck
Old 02-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

X-ray is known for its quality in parts and finish and innovation so when they announce that they will be making a nitro 1/10 TC a lot of people is expecting that this car will be different or a little bit different from the others i think that the grief comes from there that some of the racers are dissappointed to see that the NT-1 looks like the rest of the cars already in the market i'm pretty sure parts and finish is always first rate and i do hope they win or place in the top 3 in this coming Winter Nats
Old 02-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it makes me to recall my TRC 1/12, it had all the best 1/12 in one car. but x'ray makes it more "deliberately and professional".
Old 02-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

because racers fear the unknown......personally,I think the xray is going to be a great car.....but I won't start shaking until Losi or associated announce new cars....(and you KNOW the losi will be a design revolution)
Old 02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Most definite I have to agree & next ? when are you going to be running one

That is top secret... Soon.....I will be going to the FORGASS races...
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by buboy28
X-ray is known for its quality in parts and finish and innovation so when they announce that they will be making a nitro 1/10 TC a lot of people is expecting that this car will be different or a little bit different from the others i think that the grief comes from there that some of the racers are dissappointed to see that the NT-1 looks like the rest of the cars already in the market i'm pretty sure parts and finish is always first rate and i do hope they win or place in the top 3 in this coming Winter Nats
you cant really make anthing that different because theres nothing to base success on as with this design they can stay competitive if they made a drastic change & failed it would be a lot worse like what was said earlier looks like the others but does it really look like the others maybe not just my 2cents ill have to try it ou t
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

you want a different sedan? bring back the R12!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.