Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys crack me up!

When the MTX-4 came out, a lot of people said it was a RRR clone. Now that the NT1 is out, yeah, it looks like both cars - so what? Anybody going to get sued? I doubt it. If Juraj Hudy gave you an NT1, would you hand it back to him and say, "No thanks." I doubt it. BTW, never decline an R/C gift from a Hudy, it's probably bad karma or something.

I say, give the car a chance to prove itself out on the track and in the pits. Ultimately that's all that really matters. I know this is cliche, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

I hope it KICKS ASS at WinterNats just to prove you guys wrong. And if it doesn't kick ass... Oh well!

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
well they should be very competitive since they know whats on the market & also know all the pluses & minuses of each car they can capitalize on the strengths they'll be just fine
You were right on the money Will. More than I guess you could have imagined.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Only cool thing is the flex with the carbon fiber thingy's, but that's it, and i think other brands also have that with side-stiffeners and stuff....

Last edited by _cyclops_; 02-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

mum, very disappointed no break through, maybe wait until MTX-5 . but still a competitor.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Mugen can benifit fromt he flex carbon fiber arms around the battery. I'm already working on that for my mugen. As for the car performance, I'm not knocking it, I've seen it on the track. personaly, I would have one if it was available right now and I could give a better comparison in the hands of an average racer.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FF25510
mum, very disappointed no break through, maybe wait until MTX-5 . but still a competitor.
How can you say that?? What's the big "break through" on any of the cars? At this point, it looks like small refinements on typical designs. I think Kyosho should get some credit. As the oldest car it is still one of the best and the newer cars appear to be using alot of their designs.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I´m very dissapointed with the car.
I thought at least they built some aluminium bulkheads or aluminium pullys or atleast aluminium hex hubs in. Something of the "legendary" Xray style.

3 Pieces of spring steel and that flex system isn´t that great..
There is nothing luxuary on the car like on the other Xray cars.
Its like one of many out there.
Couldn`t habe been more worse
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wazee
I´m very dissapointed with the car.
I thought at least they built some aluminium bulkheads or aluminium pullys or atleast aluminium hex hubs in. Something of the "legendary" Xray style.

3 Pieces of spring steel and that flex system isn´t that great..
There is nothing luxuary on the car like on the other Xray cars.
Its like one of many out there.
Couldn`t habe been more worse

I gues there will be lots of hop-ups available...

Last edited by _cyclops_; 02-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
You guys crack me up!

When the MTX-4 came out, a lot of people said it was a RRR clone. Now that the NT1 is out, yeah, it looks like both cars - so what? Anybody going to get sued? I doubt it. If Juraj Hudy gave you an NT1, would you hand it back to him and say, "No thanks." I doubt it. BTW, never decline an R/C gift from a Hudy, it's probably bad karma or something.

I say, give the car a chance to prove itself out on the track and in the pits. Ultimately that's all that really matters. I know this is cliche, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

I hope it KICKS ASS at WinterNats just to prove you guys wrong. And if it doesn't kick ass... Oh well!

You were right on the money Will. More than I guess you could have imagined.
in some peoples minds the car is very different so let it ride if it brings more racers in to the hobby so be it im tired of 2 1/2 people club race in vegas the hobby lost a lot of people with the r40 & associated gone so lets get this car on the road look at all the drivers going to the w/nats with it just another player in the game holla back
Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Rody
What a joke. If i was Mugen, i'd be taking these clowns to court. What a clone. What an anti climax. Also, plastic shocks, please!!! I'll stick to the mighty RRR EVO WC

p.s. Credit to RedRC. Great job in bringing us the most up to date news. Keep it up guys
plastic shocks now that would be a strike if thats the case
Old 02-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Regional Moderator

WOW Kyosho + Mugen... No thanks, maybe I'll stick with my G4S please
Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carkillaii
It should be called the "MTX720RRR"
I say Again
Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Now that everyone saw the NT1, yes, it has all the good things from MTX4, 720 and RRR...totally expected. Now...how many NT1 will be on the A-final at the Winternat? And the chance NT1 will win..? 1, 2 and 3...? All by Xray..?

Don't forget.......Xray got the strongest team on both EP and GP now.

About not having all the bling bling on this NT1....come on, you know it will be a PRO-SPEC version in 8 months, then after the WORLD, it will be a WC version. And the street price for the kit will be $599.99.

I think it will be a great car........but if you are currently MTX4, RRR or 720 owner....there are no need to rush for this NT1 yet.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
What is the price tag$ on this new kit? just curious will it be price below RRR ,MTX-4 &720
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

too bad the engine design is not a one piece engine mont ala buggy,
but it will make gear meshin a quick one,
for my first view, bang there goes the rear shock tower, like on the 710 or RRR due to the short support for it.
nice to see another player in the nitro on road scene!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
What is the price tag$ on this new kit? just curious will it be price below RRR ,MTX-4 &720
The $ probably wont below those three cars you mentioned but it will be close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.