Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GK
Bearings in the kit are pre-oiled, no need to do anything with them.
If they don't need any additional oil, then why indicate that in the instructions?

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 09-22-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3mm STD chassis or 4mm chassis best ?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What bearing oil are you guys using? Considering that the instructions expect you to oil the bearings before installing them, I'm surprised that it is not included with the kit.

Anybody just decide to swap out the bearings with another brand? If so, why?
The oil that I am using is the Dan's Banana Lube. I tried quite a few, including the Mobil 1, but the Banana Lube is better IMO.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
3mm STD chassis or 4mm chassis best ?
I'm still using the 3mm chassis, I am very satified with it so far, but the 4mm chassis is on my list.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

If they don't need any additional oil, then why indicate that in the instructions?

Early batches of the T2'007 had bearing-failure issues - possibly due to the bearings being insufficiently oiled by the supplier...so I think they are just covering their bases by placing those notes in the manual .
Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What bearing oil are you guys using? Considering that the instructions expect you to oil the bearings before installing them, I'm surprised that it is not included with the kit.

Anybody just decide to swap out the bearings with another brand? If so, why?
They come pre-oiled out of the package so I just drop in and go. As for maintenance I have found it better to just replace then service them for the gas. New Cheapo oiled bearings seem to work as good if not better than quality bearings after a race day or 2.

Should you opt to clean and lube them, as I do for electric, I have found bathing them in motorspray with ultrasonic cleaner ($20 integy one works best) and then doing the same in a WD-40 bath to work best. Mobil 1 works well and lasts longer than wd-40 but yields more drag due to its thicker nature. Tri-flow is teflon based lube that lasts much longer than wd-40 with only a slight increase in drag. Acer, Serpent and trinity ball bearing oils all seem to require much more frequent serviceing and attract more dirt.

Mark
Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
yes i know that they are online, but these aren't printable, and i would like to have the original manuals instead of one's printed bij myself.
i think xray don't sell them apart from the kits.
All,

The downloadable XRAY NT1 Instruction Manual in the XRAY forums' NT1 Knowledge Base (FAQ) thread
has been updated to allow printing.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

I've been waiting for some NT1 race reports from this past weekend, but nobody seems to be posting anything... ??

DS Motorsport / rcfoolz / teamgp / anybody else ~ You guys got anything to share with us?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been waiting for some NT1 race reports from this past weekend, but nobody seems to be posting anything... ??

DS Motorsport / rcfoolz / teamgp / anybody else ~ You guys got anything to share with us?
No racing in houston last weekend, the nationals track was resurfaced again and it's less bumpy with absolutely crazy tire wear. 42/45's lasted about 11 minutes from 61/63mm to 56/55mm with about 1.2mm split left to right

I had to go two springs heavier than I previously used here before due to the amount of additional traction though.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
No racing in houston last weekend, the nationals track was resurfaced again and it's less bumpy with absolutely crazy tire wear. 42/45's lasted about 11 minutes from 61/63mm to 56/55mm with about 1.2mm split left to right

I had to go two springs heavier than I previously used here before due to the amount of additional traction though.
Mike's Hobby Shop should ask the guys from RCRCNT to come and look at their track. As I understand it, those guys fixed up their own track real nice.

http://www.rcrcnt.com/contact.htm
Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Mike's Hobby Shop should ask the guys from RCRCNT to come and look at their track. As I understand it, those guys fixed up their own track real nice.

I believe they have been talking actually.

It will be entertaining to read about the pro series race there this weekend, I don't think anybody will have a NT1 though as two of the other locals switched back to kyosho and I won't be in town.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
GK
Suspended

2,3,4 finish at NYSC, TQ + 3rd at I95 showdown week ago at 301 raceway (2 more NT1's in A )... That's all I know as far as northeast goes.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

that track in ft.worth is just as bumpy ..........
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Did anyone get a chance to read my article on the NT1 in the current issue of RCCA? What did you think? I love this car, and i have it hooked up pretty good racing parking lot with Take-Off RP-30 tires saucing them with WD-40. Pretty much stock set up, but running 100,000wt in the front diff. The spool works good too.

I havent driven it yet on a big permanent track, but i will next week at SVM Speedway in Sun Valley (Los Angeles area) that has a 250ft straight. This weekend ill try it at the Silverdome track in Vegas when i go cover the Indoor International Championship. Should be fun!

Paint by Justin Peoples of Urban Kolor Legends. (www.urbankolorlegends.com)

NT1 ready for the Nissan Cup at Petersen Auto Museum in LA. 15 minute paint job by me.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro

Thats no good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.