Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GK
Here you go...
When making these grooves I have a pivot ball inside the upright so I don't damage the area where the pivot ball sits. You can do the same with threaded holes in suspension arms, just be extra careful when screwing the pivot balls and nuts back in.
Many thanks for the picture... I'm thinking that Teflon tape mite do the trick also...

What do you think of this idea?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Oh, and the track is resurfacing again today with a more aggressive sand mixture so I have no idea how we're going to make a 60 minute race at the nationals without some 50 shore tires.

I tried 42f/45r on this day, and just couldn't generate enough grip even though the tire wear was high.. Hopefully the new non-water based sealer will fix this problem.
Sounds like they are going through the same thing that the FT Myers track went through. From talking to people that have tried sealers before, the NON-Water sealer....is this an oil based sealer? The FT Myers track has solved the problem with the tire wear and lack of traction too....they dragged regular car tires around the track for an entire day (or more) to remove the sand from the track.... Traction came back and the tire wear went away...now the Fort is realy hooked up!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Sounds like they are going through the same thing that the FT Myers track went through. From talking to people that have tried sealers before, the NON-Water sealer....is this an oil based sealer? The FT Myers track has solved the problem with the tire wear and lack of traction too....they dragged regular car tires around the track for an entire day (or more) to remove the sand from the track.... Traction came back and the tire wear went away...now the Fort is realy hooked up!
james ygpm!!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtveten
Have you thought about adding them to your store?
Yeah, we'll have to do that .
Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Sorry about that, I read my notes again and it actually reads the way you would expect.

56.9mm RF
57.6mm RR
56.1mm LF
55.8mm LR

It's odd for sure, my car should be perfectly balanced. I use the Xray balancing posts and then allow the low side to sit on a scale to measure the exact weight. Right and left are within 1 gram on the rear, and 2 grams on the front.

I then used the Xray tweak station to ensure everything was completely square there as well.

My setup was not quite ideal this weekend. Interestingly there were two left hand corners giving me a hard time where I felt like I needed more turn-in and usually ended up washing the front a bit which would have increased my RF tire wear. Toward the end of the race this eventually caused a slight spin as the tiny LR tire because the droop setting changed by so much.
Hi Brian ,

I have the same wear (very close) exsp. the left side of the car wear a lot because of the high speed left corners.

This is what I do for 1 hour mains.

BEFORE AFTER
LF 61 mm (40s) - 56 mm
RF 60 mm (38s) - 56.5 mm
LR 63 mm (42s) - 55.8 mm
RR 62 mm (40s) - 56.2 mm
Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi Brian ,

I have the same wear (very close) exsp. the left side of the car wear a lot because of the high speed left corners.

BEFORE AFTER
LF 61 mm (40s) - 56 mm
RF 60 mm (38s) - 56.5 mm
LR 63 mm (42s) - 55.8 mm
RR 62 mm (40s) - 56.2 mm
Are you running the 25T or 26T side pulley? Also, how does the car drive throughout the race?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi Brian ,

BEFORE AFTER
LF 61 mm (40s) - 56 mm
RF 60 mm (38s) - 56.5 mm
LR 63 mm (42s) - 55.8 mm
RR 62 mm (40s) - 56.2 mm
I'll have to try that in practice next time out with harder shores cause i could never get a 38 to last an hour on this surface
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Are you running the 25T or 26T side pulley? Also, how does the car drive throughout the race?
Im driving 25 side pulley. the car handels well w.o problem . this tire choice is good for mid-high traction tarcks. I did this setup in my last 3 race (1hour main) and had never problem. because of the high rear and left tire wear after 10-15 min you have a very good over drive and a car balance.
For shorter mains is my advise : 0.5mm left/right split and 1 mm front/rear split .
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi there, i just bought a nt1.
It's the car which jilles drove the winternats with.
I'm very happy with, it has a lot of options and spare and the car was a bargin.

But there wasn't a manual and other documentation included.
So i wanted to order it but i can't find the part numbers for them.
Does someone knows them?.
Thank you.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
But there wasn't a manual and other documentation included.
So i wanted to order it but i can't find the part numbers for them.
Does someone knows them?.
Thank you.
You can get them online for free here on the XRAY forum.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Where can I get them?
Xray sales the same nut in silver. (960240)

Ralph Burch
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamgp
You can get them online for free here on the XRAY forum.
yes i know that they are online, but these aren't printable, and i would like to have the original manuals instead of one's printed bij myself.
i think xray don't sell them apart from the kits.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What bearing oil are you guys using? Considering that the instructions expect you to oil the bearings before installing them, I'm surprised that it is not included with the kit.

Anybody just decide to swap out the bearings with another brand? If so, why?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 AM
GK
Suspended

Bearings in the kit are pre-oiled, no need to do anything with them. For maintenance I use mobil 1 synthetic oil...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What bearing oil are you guys using? Considering that the instructions expect you to oil the bearings before installing them, I'm surprised that it is not included with the kit.

Anybody just decide to swap out the bearings with another brand? If so, why?
i use serpent premium lube or serpent bearing lube, works great. Premium lube i also use it for the driveshafts and in qualifing i put a drop on each pulley to get a bit more roll in the car.

Today i drove my nt1 for the first time.
It handles very different then the 720. Feels much smoother and the car handled like it was on rails.
Wasn't faster yet then with the 720, was still .2 seconds off.
But i only did 60 laps today.
Tomorrow i will race it for the first time, so then the track will be much better and the car is still really understeering which is easy to fix.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.