Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NTC3, Front one way... >

NTC3, Front one way...

NTC3, Front one way...

Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation NTC3, Front one way...

so ive been reading up on this front one way diff.. and from what i get out of it is, on the throttle, your 100% on the drive shafts.. once you let off the gas, the fronts spin freely and wont accept braking power..

now.. this is quite expensive.. associated being top of the list.

with the physical construction of the one way diff.. isn't it all in the housing bearings?

i found AE part number 1731.. the 1 way bearings them self for 8 bucks.. wouldn't you think i could just stick those on my diff now? and basically have a front one way without all that fancy aluminum? the aluminum diff in the kit is still a functional ball type diff. no different than the one thats in my car now. right?

one way bearing.. #1731 $8
one way kit.. #1728 $61
Old 12-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

From what I gather you want to place the bearings from a oneway on to your current ball diff. First off these will not fit. The bearings that fit the oneway are a metric size while the bearings that fit the oneway are US standard size. Also What makes a oneway is the needle bearings inside the alluminum blue housing which allow the out drive shafts to spin in one direction only. They lock on power and free spin when off power. I would serch the net for a cheaper price on a oneway set. The Ntc3 is an aging car; you can find parts for this car fairly cheap nowadays.
I sold two Ntc3 with three oneways for only $150.00.
I guess to answer your question the internals of a oneway are NOT the same as the internals of a ball diff.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From expiirience, the NTC3 works better with a solid axle up front than with a oneway.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The bearing you are listing is not a one way bearing. It is the bearing that the one way rides on. It is a different size than the bearing that the diff rides on. AE doesn't sell the internal one way bearing.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The bearing you are listing is not a one way bearing. It is the bearing that the one way rides on. It is a different size than the bearing that the diff rides on. AE doesn't sell the internal one way bearing.
ok.. thanks guys.. thats what i wanted to know.. i know what a one way bearing looks like, its not traditional sealed ball bearing, its needle type, with longer style cylinder bearings.

anyways.. thats what i needed to know, the front one way bearing is smaller than the regular front diff in the RTR's.

im usuing the car mainly for drifting, and from what ive been reading around, front one way's are the way to go.

ive been looking around, the cheapest i could find was 50 shipped on ebay. other web sites are pretty competitive.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

1731 Special Bearing for Heavy Duty One-Way, 3/8 x 5/16 2 $8.00

3976 Bearing, 3/8 X 5/8, Rubber Sealed pr $7.00

yulp.. different out drive cups.. shit, should of seen that earlier.