Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Is this a good one to get? >

Is this a good one to get?

Is this a good one to get?

Old 02-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Is this a good one to get?

I am lookin for my first car and was recommended to the Team Associate TC3 and found this what do you all think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=19168
Old 02-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Slimsaturn;

You can get a BRAND NEW Nitro TC3 for about $260-$280 us. The MINIMUM bid on the E-bay Car is $355. The only thing you don't get with the NEW car is a starter box and the 2spd. Both of these can come later.
Just my unbiased opinion, good luck.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

acutally i was looking and the new tc3 kits are coming with the 2 speed tranny
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/383321.asp
Old 03-03-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

the tc3 team edition cars come with the 2 speed and all the hop up parts the RTR doenst have. the team edition comes in 2 different enging options. either side exaust or rear exaust. the choice is yours. but of course the rear exaust is slightly more expencive. None the less a very nice car.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Slimsaturn
acutally i was looking and the new tc3 kits are coming with the 2 speed tranny
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/383321.asp
The "KITS" do not come with an Engine or Radio, so add about $200 to the price of the "Kit" for those. The RTR comes with everything (minus the 2spd). Depends on how much you Have/Want to spend and your mechanical skills.
Either way the NTC3 is a very good Car.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

The NTC3 is definitely worth it.

Whether to go RTR or Kit, that's a different question. Are you planning on racing it? If so, then even with the RTR you will likely need to replace the servos - they are stock Airtronics 102s which really really aren't strong enough for nitro racing. At least the steering servo. And soon you're going to want a better radio, the one that comes with the RTR kit is pretty cheap.

There are some other things that don't come with the RTR - the two speed comes initially to mind, there are some other things.

I, personally, think that the Kit is the better way to go. You get better acquainted with the car and you KNOW that all the screws are tight and everything is put together. It's not too difficult to do, just take a week of evenings and take your time, ask questions on here when you have them.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If your comfortable building your own then I would definetly get the kit. If you are not then I would get the RTR. I would not recommend buying a used car for your first car. There is to much on a gas car to check. The RTR is perfectly fine for your first car and is easy to upgrade to full blown race version. So if you buy the Team Kit or the RTR Kit from Associated you can not go wrong. The car is extremely aesy to work on, dependable and a blast to drive

Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

I say get the "kit" version as well, then you know how to fix the car when it breaks.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Come on guys ........ we all know the car to get is a MUGEN MTX-3

But for a beginer I would also recommend The TC-3 due to the fact the parts are cheap and available at most hobby shops
Old 03-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Don't want a Mugen. Like my TC3.

He asked about a NTC3 so we gave him info about a NTC3.

Don't want a Mugen.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tennessee
Come on guys ........ we all know the car to get is a MUGEN MTX-3

But for a beginer I would also recommend The TC-3 due to the fact the parts are cheap and available at most hobby shops
MTX-3, yeah it is a good car. As far as the "one" to get, I dont know if I would put all my eggs on that one. The MTX-3 has its disadvantages as well. One of the main reasons that a lot of people say it is the "one" to get is because it is new and you have 3 racing producing a lot of aftermarket parts for it right off the bat. Between its rear chassis flex and drivetrain drag, I think Mugen just put out a car that is comperable to its competition. You still have to tweak it just like any other car.

As for a NTC3 for a beginner. Yeah it is an extremely efficient car when you are talking about the drivetrain. As far as ease of setup, well I guess that depends if you are buying the RTR or building the kit. Overall I think Associated makes a great RTR kit. I personally, am just biased to the good ol belt driven cars. If I were to start from the beginning, I would look at parts availablility from the most common broken parts ie (Arms, Bulkheads, Uprights) and go from there.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

get a yokomo GT4 RTR there sweet

____
_| \_
[ ]___[ ]
Old 03-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

^ lol well my picture of a car almost worked but any was get a yokomo
check it out
Old 03-12-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Boomer
He asked about a NTC3 so we gave him info about a NTC3.

Don't want a Mugen.
Strange - he asks about if a certain car is a good deal and people pop up telling him to get something different. . .

"George, I'm getting a great deal on a gallon of Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream. . .what do you think? Should I go for it?"

"No way, get Pistachio Nut ice cream. . .who cares how much more it costs. . .who cares whether or not you want it. . .get it!"

Old 03-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Oh cmmon

Originally posted by Boomer
Strange - he asks about if a certain car is a good deal and people pop up telling him to get something different. . .

"George, I'm getting a great deal on a gallon of Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream. . .what do you think? Should I go for it?"

"No way, get Pistachio Nut ice cream. . .who cares how much more it costs. . .who cares whether or not you want it. . .get it!"

Everyone is just giving their opinion here. If he wants to get a NTC3, then more power to him. I am just glad that there is another person on this earth getting into the hobby. Hey even I milled over getting a Pan car for the longest time. It was pretty much the consorted effort of Richard, Mark, and Caesar that got me to get one. Anyways I am just expressing my opinion on the subject. My statements should never be taken too seriously. Afterall we are all amateurs here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.